This is appreciation post for my favorite character in War of Faith. The one I cry for the most amongst all my favorite character in drama land.

Shen Jinzhen 

The sister of Shen Tunan and Wei Ruolai's comrade
An incredible spy, a kind also fun sister in law, and charming lady.

Her first appearance is amazing. A female spy with outstanding shooting skills. But is she the all rounded perfect spy that exist in a lot of action drama? Oh nope. We get to see her weakness. She is human, she is emotional, she has flaws, and that makes her a well-written character.

The core story of Shen Jinzhen : Family

Shen Jinzhen is a strong believer, follower and practitioner of communist party. Being one member she has to betray her only brother Shen Tunan who has the opposite stance. But she still stick close to Tunan and I believe it is because she has firm faith that her brother will change one day. Year after year, she is watching her brother closely and witnessing Shen Tunan losing his sparks. She is no longer having hope in Shen Tunan.

Whenever she listen to Wei Ruolai's glimpse of hope over his mentor Shen Tunan, it screams "Oh, I have been there."

A spark meets another spark

I adore Shen Jinzhen and Wei Ruolai's relationship a lot. I won't lie they have best chemistry among period historical pair i have watched and I ship them as a couple. There has been an obvious hint over and over indicating they both admire each other, but its never been a romance story so we can't expect more.

What I love from Shen Jinzhen. Despite having hope in Wei Ruolai, she respect and always give him a time to decide. Even with having the same goal protecting china's people, she understand they both are still separate individual and Ruolai has right to stand on his own belief.

Her times with Ruolai mostly revolves around meal time and they really close it with a dessert, chocolate. :')

Shen Jinzhen and People

I'm certain that equality is her forte. Being an upper class lady, she doesn't see the poor people as a tool and give them an equal respect and justice. She doesn't look down on people as seen in her scenes with Lin Qiao Song and Niu Chun Miao. She puts people before herself and isn't afraid to save the weak one. This is one point that made her and Shen Tunan grew apart but also one thing that made her and Niu Chunmiao grew closely. Sadly, people is her strength but also her big weakness.

She is born to be a knight protecting people, and she will be remembered as one

I am still so hurt and I don't know when will this heartbreak be gone, so let's end my notes with this gif.

"Jinzhen, Ruolai, and Chunmiao escaped and lived happily ever after"

END

Loved this.... We will miss Jinzhen a lot..... ???

ShaistaRehan:

Loved this.... We will miss Jinzhen a lot..... ???

i will never move on from her T____T

Little details for Ruolai and Jinzhen's farewell

I love her. Such a special character T.T