U-chan U-chan:

Arerrggghhh, I see.  Boy this ending is really killing everyone. I just wish they will make just ONE special episode to clear the gray area, but dir. wanted OE, so we are just stuck with own theory I guess.  Thx. 

Honestly, if they wanted to keep an open ending... I would have preferred that they at least show us who/what was at the gate that Ziyu saw. Then it could still end with whatever theories people had, but at least the theories are based on something more concrete. For example, if the gate opened and he saw dead YWS - what does he do? What's his plan? Or if the gate opened and he saw YWS and her twin - will he think that she brought her sister with her to visit or to live with them... or be suspicious? Or if he just saw YWS - we know she saw Wufeng at the Yun residence, so what do you think she is up to... especially arriving back at the Gong residence late?

hafu_girl:

Honestly, if they wanted to keep an open ending... I would have preferred that they at least show us who/what was at the gate that Ziyu saw. Then it could still end with whatever theories people had, but at least the theories are based on something more concrete. For example, if the gate opened and he saw dead YWS - what does he do? What's his plan? Or if the gate opened and he saw YWS and her twin - will he think that she brought her sister with her to visit or to live with them... or be suspicious? Or if he just saw YWS - we know she saw Wufeng at the Yun residence, so what do you think she is up to... especially arriving back at the Gong residence late?

I wish director finally speaks up ! He is the only one knows !

hafu_girl:

Hahaha. Surprised power point slides weren't shown on the walls during his reveal.

ahaha, that saved one hour and dir. could have use  that to make one real ending to make it as BE or HE instead of OE!

U-chan U-chan:

ahaha, that saved one hour and dir. could have use  that to make one real ending to make it as BE or HE instead of OE!

Agree! While I do like that they told us what really happened, it took a lot of time.

hafu_girl:

But zlh said in interview that he made that expression thinking he saw two YWS.

I think we won’t get a season 2 and the ending we have is a delivery of her corpse with the same fate as her sister Yun Que. 

thatoldbooksmell:

But zlh said in interview that he made that expression thinking he saw two YWS.

I thought he was told to imagine something that would make him surprised and he chose to imagine two YWS?

hafu_girl:

I thought he was told to imagine something that would make him surprised and he chose to imagine two YWS?

Yeah per ZLH interview the director only told him to make an expression that would make the audience wonder what he saw. The actor in his mind (and not related with any actual script given to him) acted based on if he saw 2 YWS. So the only one that actually have any idea what GZY actually saw would be the director.

hafu_girl:

Yupp, so to sum it all up. 

Only director knows what's supposed to be at the door. 🚪

thatoldbooksmell:

Yupp, so to sum it all up. 

Only director knows what's supposed to be at the door. 🚪

😭

indeed this ending is still driving us crazy 😝 i wish i can just move on, but i sill come back here 😝 i need new c-drama to forget this one. 

mparthur:

Imagine DIanzhu chopped off YWS's feet and legs and sent her back to GZY like what she had done to Zhuo Mei's lover.

GZY's facial reaction seemed to confirm something horrible had happened to YWS.  

Wufeng and the Gongs would forever be at odds.  

I lowkey like this theory.  "Karma" thing (?)

I’m pretty disappointed we never found out who was in the black robe that killed FL adopted sister.  Ugh… show was still pretty dang awesome lol

Pretty late to this but I‘m wondering if the last scene of SGQ in the garden was real or fake? Because I read on chinese internet that she’s dead since SJ looked sadly at the flowers and imagined her standing on the water, yet the bottom of her dress was not wet and she wasn’t pregnant either. Until this point every time a character imagined seeing another, that imagined character was actually dead.

the whole pregnancy thing seems off too since she only had to take the antidote 2x… meaning the entire drama took place within 5-7 weeks. And if they really hooked up in the bathtub scene that means she knew she was pregnant after two weeks? 

It made absolutely no sense for Yun Wei Shan to go by herself back to her hometown without guards considering she is the Sword Wielder’s wife….and the Wufeng can’t be completely eliminated if you still have the head of that group still alive!! What an idiotic move. The Gongs could have tasked someone to scout her hometown to make sure there were no threats either.  And Shangjue proved to be a strict martial artist but was terribly soft and easily manipulated by SQ! She knew exactly how to sweet talk her way out of being punished by SJ. I don’t even believe she’s pregnant….she’s great at lying to him. The ending seems to set it up for a Season 2 but it seems most are skeptical….so there is basically no conclusion as to what happened to Yun Wei Shan….big bummer!!!! We need Season 2…and less talking & more action!  The two that really stole my heart  was Young Master Xue & his sidekick, Xue Gongzi. Master Xue lost his soulmate and I cried over that.