HwangEunByul:

well, for me i am not just an addict just to pretty asian boys play gay roles... "western actors" as long as it is a good story no matter how the acting is (regardless if i am fangirling or being supportive to a case) 

in my country, its illegal and can go to jail for holding hands.... tho i have a story of my own. its not about "asian pretty boys", these are novels... and i read some before i even know its a drama.... and u know what.... i feel sad sometimes cz this is just a character ???? eventho some actors need more training. Addicted or not.... china is a little crazy i tell ya... they even now banned hiphop! 

i will always watch these dramas and interact with them. i am still sad... for addicted tho... their chemistry was great. and this post was in 2017... i didnt get the full story of how old is this then . YEARS YEARS AGO.. i didnt know that ^^

I can totally agree on that... I really hoped Addicted would get another season because in the end you get so attached to these fictional chracters and you kind of feel for them, if that makes sense :) That's why I get sad when I see these people using BL as some kind of kink when in reality we should use it as a way to escape the real world where, like you said, some people get locked up for even holding hands! I know this got cheesy lol but it makes me sad ya know... 

vaberella:

That's not true.  They're not banned from being seen publicly.  One of them is a model and is still modelling and the other is a well known singer.  The others are still acting. 

The second season will never be though.  That's for sure, unless of course Taiwan decides to take up the mantle. They just might do it. 

I was thinking the same thing that Taiwan should take up this show, because the story is awesome and the actors are just...urgh. Taiwan please take this project up, retaining the same actors.

Well Thailand itself is a different country and culture.  Thailand has 5 genders and has always been accepting of gay culture.  ALWAYS.  I believe it's the only country in the East that has not be colonised by the West so it doesn't have this sense of perversity towards sexuality---and hence this sexual bias.  In their culture---it is not a "FANGIRL" phenmenon perpetuated by western women or yaoi obsessors.  

I believe in Thailand the genders are male, female, women who transgendered to men, men who transgendered to women, and then those who are in between.  There are those who are gay, straight, or bi. They have always had gay characters on their shows---always.  But they have never had outright gay couples kissing and BL romances until the last 3-4 years.  It is going both ways.  I mean it is aggressive in how they are going about it. 

It is so aggressive, I've even had to take a break and find shows that doesn't have BL or GL storylines. Thai stories are seriously aggressive.  Taiwan is moving really fast along those lines but they have their own niche...it's not really being placed in the "norm" stories.  They have thier separate story.  In Thailand BL and GL is mixed in with any other drama---like a regular couple. 

So for instance you'd watch something like...ugh the gods...I hate using stupid movies I never watched...but my students did...so lets take that wolf kid from that vampire movie---with the baseball and stuff.  One of them was named Edward.  Anyway picture something like that but the wolf kid was gay.   That's how normalized BL or GL is in Thai dramas. 

HwangEunByul:

well, for me i am not just an addict just to pretty asian boys play gay roles... "western actors" as long as it is a good story no matter how the acting is (regardless if i am fangirling or being supportive to a case) 

in my country, its illegal and can go to jail for holding hands.... tho i have a story of my own. its not about "asian pretty boys", these are novels... and i read some before i even know its a drama.... and u know what.... i feel sad sometimes cz this is just a character ???? eventho some actors need more training. Addicted or not.... china is a little crazy i tell ya... they even now banned hiphop! 

i will always watch these dramas and interact with them. i am still sad... for addicted tho... their chemistry was great. and this post was in 2017... i didnt get the full story of how old is this then . YEARS YEARS AGO.. i didnt know that ^^

I recommend looking towards some Thai dramas then or even the Taiwanese dramas. 

My current of BL is coming from this Youtube vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FULhLdmbSa4

If you click her summary their there---all on dailymotion.  I'm watching History2 right now. I'm on ep 3---Loving it! There are links to others.  I think there is maybe, maybe 1 Korean couple and if I remember that drama---that wasn't a gay couple, but the yaoi girls really pushed it.  It was just like in School 2013.

Kubare:

I was thinking the same thing that Taiwan should take up this show, because the story is awesome and the actors are just...urgh. Taiwan please take this project up, retaining the same actors.

I don't care what they do with the actors---as long as they do it, complete it, and keep the edited scenes ----for instance the car scene that was moving when they had sex in it!! Yes, indeed.  Yes, indeed.  I would like all the edited scenes kept in the original episodes.

@vaberella , Well i actually watched History 1&2 when it was ongoing. in my case as i mentioned b4, i am not just FANGIRLING. i thinking as i believe, i am supporting it as a cause nd fangirling. some acting is bad but its okay, they are good looking. 

Thai, taiwanese, chinese, u name it. its a cause with a story and sometimes good acting. its the happiness and peace of mind of a future i will never have. and in the case of "Addicted" series, i feel the unjust actually, and the chemistry of the leads, its more than a cut scene. i was soo attached to the characters i really teared up when i saw the security man pulling the actors apart, and they as far as i know aint gay.

and if taiwan takes this project, and even if they changed the leads. i just hate to see cut scenes and not fully elaborated plot and setting. especially when i read the novel. i was a bit disappointed that there where entire chapters cut out.

so if any taiwanese producer reading this. PLEASE PUT THIS ALIVE . and be just to characters  scenes and DO NOT EDIT. ????

vaberella:

I don't care what they do with the actors---as long as they do it, complete it, and keep the edited scenes ----for instance the car scene that was moving when they had sex in it!! Yes, indeed.  Yes, indeed.  I would like all the edited scenes kept in the original episodes.

Heheheh, yes all those edited scenes should be added..included.

@HwangEunByul yes you said it and second what you said.

Just reading and hearing about how the stars were treated I really felt very very bad. Sigh hope that China does change it rules, hope to see these two working together again because they Rocked. 

Tram tram:

Go for the season 2

We have been debating abt the chinese ban for like 6 days in a row, on a topic i started a controversy 4 months ago. there is no season 2 dear whatsoever. but you can read the novel. 

Is the ban still on?

AyeBelleCat:

Is the ban still on?

Yes they lately a few weeks ago even banned HIPHOP and i dont even understand it. hooleeger the lead from LIKE LOVE cant act and now cant rap! i cant understand what is wrong with china or the government. the citizens supposed to be cavemen? 

HwangEunByul:

Yes they lately a few weeks ago even banned HIPHOP and i dont even understand it. hooleeger the lead from LIKE LOVE cant act and now cant rap! i cant understand what is wrong with china or the government. the citizens supposed to be cavemen? 

Oh wow! Even HipHop! Their government is depriving it's citizen's right to artistically express themselves. In a way, it's a violation to freedom of expression.

AyeBelleCat:

Oh wow! Even HipHop! Their government is depriving it's citizen's right to artistically express themselves. In a way, it's a violation to freedom of expression.

they have their own planet i tell ya. it will be as bad as the north koreans. i have the feeling. ㅜ.ㅜ

HwangEunByul:

We have been debating abt the chinese ban for like 6 days in a row, on a topic i started a controversy 4 months ago. there is no season 2 dear whatsoever. but you can read the novel. 

How sad to hear that. 

I already starting reading the novel in wattpad. Thanks for the link. 

Kubare:

Hoping so they do it.  I loving tandem of Huang Jingyu and timmy xu