I notice that Japanese shows do not have high amounts of romance in the shows. I like that! There is a separate genre of romance for Japanese shows and therefore anyone who would like to watch say medical show will get exactly what they want. And if someone wishes to watch specifically romantic shows, then they can opt for the romance genre. There is a much better chance of truly making better shows this way and I like that the Japanese TV show industry has that.

Comparatively, Korean shows have an abundance of romance in all their shows regardless of the genre. Its so annoying. I am glad I moved from watching Korean shows to Japanese ones.

Let me know what you guys think. Hence I thought to open up this topic and see congruent or divergent views.

While your point was well made, I have to disagree with you a bit. Although Korean dramas have romance in everything no matter the genre, I think it's great that they blend romance into the drama. And since they do it so often, they're actually really good at it.  I don't thing it makes K-Dramas bad, but I can see how it can get tiring after a while.