Hi! I was wondering if any of you have recommendations for jdrama within the mystery/investigation/detective genres that have a strong focus on forensics? I am thinking of something along the lines of Unnatural (2018), where the forensic work is driving the story rather than police officers or law enforcement catching criminals. Any recs would be much appreciated!

@arega Great! Thanks so much, will definitely check these out! :)

Hippocrates no Chikai is also about forensic doctors. It's bleaker than Unnatural, though.

i am watching Unnatural and its exactly what you are looking for.   They are a seperate team that investigate cases and often when a family member doesn't think it was a natural death although the police deemed it as such.   Its like House. 

there is a drama private forensics male lead/s gf died

she really liked flowers

thought it was katori shingo but its not. maybe someone else remembers

These are more science related shows with crime 

✔️ Galileo

✔️ Flashback

✔️ ST:  Scientific Task Force 

These are ones I have NOT watched yet but fits your category 

✔️  Zero's Truth: Forensic Medical Examiner Matsumoto Maou

✔️ White Lab 

Bull Doctor- same premise with Unnatural; forensic doctor determining the truth. Ishihara Satomi is also in it. She seems to be in a lot of forensic dramas.

@bannie - I think you are referring to Smoking Gun

For Smoking Gun, Katori Shingo's character is similar to Iura Arata in Unnatural. I haven't finish it though. I think it's good so I plan to continue it when I get a chance.

I've already watched Zero no Shinjitsu mentioned by Stevie70. If you liked Unnatural, you might like it too.

@zombiehero - Just checked your list, I think we have similar tastes :)))

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! Will definitely be checking all of these out, have just started White Lab and it's really fun! 

@juri_chii yay for compatible tastes! :D

juri_chii:

Bull Doctor- same premise with Unnatural; forensic doctor determining the truth. Ishihara Satomi is also in it. She seems to be in a lot of forensic dramas.

@bannie - I think you are referring to Smoking Gun

For Smoking Gun, Katori Shingo's character is similar to Iura Arata in Unnatural. I haven't finish it though. I think it's good so I'll plan to continue it when I get a chance.

I've already watched Zero no Shinjitsu mentioned by Stevie70. If you liked Unnatural, you might like it too.

@zombiehero - Just checked your list, I think we have similar tastes :)))

yes!

yeah it fits the OP's requests perfectly. 

i prefer galileo and st but if its a forensic man. smoking gun is forensic max 

I guess Mr. Brain can fit this category though it's not really the same kind of forensic with Unnatural but it isn't about the police catching the bad guy alone.

VOICE is a much recommend! 

With Ikuta Toma and Ishihara Satomi, the best!