I found out about manga/anime live action movies and started by watching:

Ao Haru Ride 2014

easy question! ♡(*^.^*)

Koi Desu: Yankee-kun to Hakujou Garu 

i watched others before this, but ^this one made me LOVE them

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

J-drama as a genre is relatively new to me and I’ve watched a few before, but only recently have I been totally addicted to them! I think First Love: Hatsukoi totally got me hooked!

@Nomnombearinyvr A genre is a catagory of music, fiction, and writing which are usually Horror, Life, Business, Romance, Historical, Thriller, Mystery, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Adventure, Comedy, etc. The genres of each drama or movie can be found on their profile page.

Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese, etc aren't "genres" so J-drama "as a genre" can't be. 

Koukou  Kyoushi (2003 version) 

That was my very first J-drama in 2003.

It was after I saw koyuki in the last samurai and chiaki kuriyama in kill Bill, I got interested in Jdramas.. 

First Jdramas were yukie nakama trick and Erica toda spec 2.. 

Later I saw spec 1 starring Miki nakatani

Legal high!

It was so good

Last Cinderella! 

RIP Haruma Miura

Certainly the first relevant drama I watched from start to finish was Ashita ga Aru Kara, a show from the early nineties that my ex coerced me into.  Very much of its time -- I'm sure two thirds of the script would have to be overhauled today due to modern values, technology, etc. But it did have a five-star theme song from its lead actor, Imai Miki. And Fukuyama Masha Himself made his acting debut in a supporting role as an ambitious jerk. 

This aired on KIKU-TV in Hawaii when it was the leader in broadcasting first-run programs from Japan. Oh, what a time that was.