My curiosity is getting the better of me! Are there any dramas you have found you enjoy which have a average rating or just weren't others cup of tea? 

I tend to watch dramas that at least have a 7 or above rating, but I'm sure there are dramas I have loved that others have rated lower! I also feel like (and this is really bad of me) anything under an 8 can't be all that good and I really wanna try and give them a chance! Emergency Couple for example for me was a 7, and yet I enjoyed it up to the point where I stopped (I need to finish it)

Anyway, guess I'm just opening it up so I can get some ideas in case there's some hidden gems I'm missing :) Apologies if this has been discussed before!!

My thoughts exactly~ (I was too busy watching my drama to post about it though :P)

I learned to not depend on ratings anymore.  Some dramas are really over/underrated, it's crazy.
Nothing comes to mind now (as usual, typical that my memory fails me now) but I'm eager to know other people's thoughts on this!
the heirs was pretty good shame it has a bad rating i would recommend trying it
doctor stranger it was so good to bad not a lot like it but i don't really care because i loved it so much
Personally, I loved My Lucky Star, but I heard that some people couldn't even get past the first few episodes, or that it was just "average." Up to now, it's one of my favourite dramas, and I always recommend it to those trying to get into Taiwanese dramas.

*edit: opps, i didn't realize this was specifically for korean dramas... so i'll just.. urhm, hide in a corner now. sorry!
Reply 1994. I loved it until the writer decided to eff up the last two episodes.
@SunAh I think it's mainly due to personal preference, I have absolutely loved stuff that others swear against (The Heirs, Boys Over Flowers etc) and yet I also have enjoyed dramas that others love very much like Cheese in the Trap! It's interesting though ;)

@shetoo I personally loved The Heirs, but then I'm a sucker for dramas with Lee Min Ho haha.

@madeline I've heard mixed things but I'm still willing to check it out :3

@Jenn ah no it's fine, I always am interested to hear about Taiwanese dramas that others enjoyed too as I've only seen a few and I do love them when I can get into them!!

@txkkivii Yeah, I've heard mixed things about Reply 1994 but I want to watch them... I hear the most recent series is the best though!
I liked Hyde, Jekyll, Me a lot, but from the comments I read it seems like a lot of people didn't like it; I think this has a lot to do with the fact that it is frequently compared to Kill Me, Heal Me  (understandably so)---but I liked both dramas and I think I enjoyed Hyde, Jekyll, Me a little more
birth of a beauty I heard that some people said it was the worst drama ever but i like it a lot i think looks don't matter so i loved the drama 
Mary Stayed out All Night

Honestly loved it
Inspiring Generation
I watched it when it was kinda new, it had low raitings at that time and people said it was boring, that they didn't like the violence and fighting scenes etc. So I thought it would be only ok, but I loved every minute of it even though it has a lot of fight scenes, I liked the story and most of the characters
Well, I would say Angel Eyes, I Need Romance 2, Flower Boy Next Door, Queen of Ambition, Playful Kiss (I know the Japanese version is way better, but that one is pretty good too), Three Dads One Mom, The Heirs... 
Many underrated dramas, but if you had asked me about overrated dramas the list would be quite big... 
I never bother about the overall average rating on MDL, as we all have our own opinions and likes/dislikes, and so often I find that I just don't have the same opinion on dramas as most others, so I never let other people's ratings sway me into giving a drama a go or not, I'm more interested in whether the plot may be interesting, and whether certain comments from others may tell something interesting about the drama.
I've also found some great gems of dramas and movies from ones with lower overall ratings here on MDL.
As for specifics, I think the main drama that I liked a lot that so many others didn't, was "Hyde, Jekyll, Me", and also "Night Watchman's Journal" was rather unpopular but I enjoyed that.
Hyde, Jekyll, Me is one that surprises me because I know the concept is very similar to Kill Me Heal Me but the cast is so good... I may just have to watch it and make my own opinion on it! I loved KMHM so much, it was a 10/10 for me, but I know I would probably enjoy the other one too :)

I wanted to enjoy Playful Kiss but I tried to watch it too soon after the other version... I know if I try and watch it now I may probably like it more though!

Also LOVED Flower Boy Next Door, great cast, cute story. Was a bit surprised at the rating as thought more people would like it but there you go!
Definitely The Girl Who Sees Smells! The leads are so adorable together that I'm willing to forget all the plot holes. The inconsistencies of the story are the downside of the whole drama, and for someone who values the plot lines and story telling the most, I'm willing to close my eyes to the plot because of the leads. They're seriously adorable and by the time you reach the plot holes, you're willing to let them go just to watch Park Yoochun and Shin Se-kyung be cute and adorable.