Have you ever started a drama only to drop it, then go back, drop it again? I'm trying to finish a drama as I hate leaving it unfinished especially as there's not long left but I'm just not feeling motivated. 

yes! My Beautiful Bride adn Gap Dong
I started them on 2016 summer, drop it, try again on early 2017 and drop it again.
Now they are on my ON HOLD list respectively with 10/16 ep. and 4/20 ep. 

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
I never drop dramas, but I did put them on my hold list for a looooong time. Moved some of them back to my plan to watch list and finished the ones I really wanted to finish, so for now, I have nothing to watch.  :D
Honestly before I decide if I'm gonna drop a drama I usually try 5,6,7,8 more tries in the hope that it would get less annoying/dragging/boring. I think the worst one for me was dropping a drama TWO episodes before it ended but I really couldn't go through anymore "pain" lol. Sometimes I do put them on hold, go back and then I remember why I put it on hold in the first place. 
Sometimes I drop a Drama but come back after a few days or weeks and watch further but skip a few episodes from the point I dropped it. My fair Lady for example I really liked the second part but felt annoyed at the first part... maybe you just need to skip a little.

I might have to do that. I put it on hold a fortnight before it ended, then went back to it a week after it ended and barely managed to watch 5 mins of it. Now a fortnight after it's ended I'm still struggling. Don't think I'm supposed to finish this drama xD