Hey guys!

I'm short on good dramas to watch, could you please rec me some that would fit these criteria? :D

1 Preferably no love triangles, or with one that dissolves early or doesn't make you root for the second guy (if it's guy-girl-guy) or without evil ex-girlfriend who schemes and manipulates (if it's girl-guy-girl triangle)

2 I don't really like this whole "jerk outside - nice tortured soul inside" routine for the main guy character. I mean, it's fine if he's not the nicest person around but when he's a complete bastard to the girl all drama long and she goes all "awww my honey" at the end, it's just weird.

3Girls that scream with shrilly voice "Oppaaaa" or pout like a four-year-olds all drama long are a bit (a lot) irritating, it would be great if the main female lead didn't do that..

Looooove humour. And good acting. Recently finished Goblin, the ripper-goblin tandem was so hilarious :) one of the best dramas I've seen I think.

I also watched It's Ok It's Love (♥!!!!, romance, acting, humour, everything),  I Hear your Voice(♥ intense, plot, acting ), Coffee Prince (♥!!!! even though triangle is there, the acting is so good and the cast soo cool that's it doesn't even matter anymore), Gentleman's Dignity,  Master's Sun, Personal Taste, She was pretty,  Lie to Me, Marriage not Dating, The Greatest Love, Witch's Romance, Can You Hear my Heart (♥ lots of cringy moments, but the romance is great), Because This is My First Life

You're Beautiful, Secret Garden are actually not among my favourites - they have their moments, especially in the end, but it was a bit hard to get there for me.

Watching Strong Woman Bo Dong Soon now, pretty ok so far :)

Please please rec me some more!!! Wanna watch great dramas :) Thanks!

• 20th Century Boy and Girl
  • Because This is My First Life
  • Twenty Again
  • Splash Splash Love
  • My Wife is Having an Affair This Week
  • Oh My Ghost
  • Healer
  • Age of Youth

Thank you, I'll add them to my list. Heard a lot of great stuff about 

• Age of Youth
  • Twenty Again !

Weightlifting fairy

Shopping king Louis

Live up to your name

While you were sleeping

Fight for my way

Kill me Heal me

Healer 

Oh my ghostess

Oh my Venus

Legend of the blue sea

20th century boy and girl

Healer for sure

Suspicious Partner

Shopping King Louie

Chicago Typewriter (there is a love triangle present but not enough to detract from the overall enjoyment of the drama; it's more focused around friendship than romance)

Tunnel (minimal romance however since all the other recs have some kind of romance element)

Extra note: I'd avoid While You Were Sleeping if you don't want to get second lead syndrome like I did lmao.

I have the same problem: finding a k-dramas with a great romance, no-jerk hero and no love triangle can be a real challenge! Granted, I am a beginner in k-dramas as well, but from my limited experience I can safely recommend the following:

1) Healer (don't be discouraged by the thriller tag on MDL - I almost skipped this drama since it was not marked as my usual rom-com stuff)

The plot itself is not the easiest one to explain, so I'll just mention the romance's highlights:

- Superman-Clark Kent-Lois Lane kind of romance, aka it sucks being jealous at your secret identity XD

- all misunderstandings between the main couple are resolved rather quickly, they actually communicate (how rare is that in the sea of k-dramas?)

- fantastic chemistry between the main couple, seriously, I have no words to express how cute and amazing these two are together, just go watch it for yourself, please :)

Negatives:

- a bit slow at the beginning, can be a bit confusing as well since there are flashbacks to the 80's and their significance is not initially clear; anyway, it got really addicting for me around episode 5

2) Queen In Hyun's Man

- time travel romance with a happy ending

- super cute main couple

- shorter episodes (45 min each)

- likable, smart hero who finds himself transported 300 years into the future and adapts to it pretty quickly

Negatives:

- there are some annoying side characters in heroine's time but they don't have a significant impact on the main relationship

3) The Master's Sun

- the heroine sees scary ghosts, has no life because of it but still does her best to help them and to find her place in the world

- again, great chemistry between the main couple, many hilarious moments

- the show has a solid beta-couple as well

Negatives:

- the heroine can come off as "pathetic" and "clingy" at the beginning but really has her reasons given her circumstances and otherwise, she is really cool and strong-willed

- the hero kinda belongs to the cold jerk with a tragic past category, but he gets sympathetic fairly quickly and he and the heroine balance each other well I would say

4) Splash Splash Love

- drama special, only like 2 hours long in total

- very cute time travel romance: predictable, but nicely executed

- great if you're just starting with historicals

Hope this helps!

Wooow so many recs! Thank you guys, thank you thank you

Healer seems to the general consensus, so started watching it now :))) Re-watching actually, I tried it a couple of years ago, didn't work out and I don't even remember why :\

@fanitha Thanks for the long list, shall last me till the next Christmas I think >.<

@ neo Yes, I heard While You were Sleeping was not actually as great as people expected it to be.. Sad, I was looking forward to it ;(

Typewriter looks interesting, will probably try it after the Healer. Ohh, detective story in the Tunnel, love those, will surely take a look. Tanks for reaching them :)) If anything else comes to mind, please share!!

@RouteVenus Thanks for the detailed descriptions! It's great to know about the negative points beforehand. 

Master's Sun was ok, funny moments and the romance in the end made me overlook the flaws that normally make a drama a no-go for me. And I just really like the main actress. Hence It's Ok It's Love (fantastic!!). Have u watched Jealousy Incarnate, is it any good?

Have very high hopes for Healer now! It's great that they communicate, it's so rare - all these misunderstandings in other dramas that could be resolved  if they just talked like normal people really start to get on my nerves. But apparently The Incredible Sulk and strong and silent types who brood and grow mushrooms alone in a far corner are a must-have in modern dramas :c

If you stumble across anything else interesting, please let me know!

Great that you're starting with Healer (again), hope you'll love it! (if you'll fall for this drama and you'll need to share the feels, don't hesitate to message me! XD I finished watching it like two months ago and I am still obsessing over it...).

Like I said, the beginning can feel a bit slow, so just bear with it and concentrate on the main characters (you don't need to think too hard about what happened in the flashbacks - it will all be explained in a satisfactory way in due time)

(sry for unnecessary info about Master's Sun, didn't notice you already watched it :)

All best!

- Ela (RouteVenus)

Talie42:
@ neo Yes, I heard While You were Sleeping was not actually as great as people expected it to be.. Sad, I was looking forward to it ;(

Typewriter looks interesting, will probably try it after the Healer. Ohh, detective story in the Tunnel, love those, will surely take a look. Tanks for reaching them :)) If anything else comes to mind, please share!!

No problem, I hope you enjoy! 

I forgot to mention/elaborate for Suspicious Partner that (even though appearances may suggest otherwise) the presence of a love triangle is dismissed pretty much right away/early on in the drama since you mentioned that you weren't fond of love triangles, so don't let that put you off! The female lead is also sassy/bold and a former national Tae Kwon Do athlete so not the usual weak type of main character, and the main couple's interactions are cute/funny/sweet as well. The law/crime element with the drama's main villain is also exceptionally well acted out, even though I'd say the overall acting in the drama is pretty good from all of the actors.

Boku no Ita Jikan (The Hours of My Life) is also brilliant! The first Japanese drama I've seen with an amazing male lead (no hint of assholeness whatsoever). The story is also quite sad but super inspirational! Don't wanna say too much about it, but it's definitely worth a shot! :) 

Hummm ... I'm sorry, I think Coffee Prince and Master's Sun had two pretty jerk ML !? !!! (At least in the beginning) ;)

I suggest 

• Me too, flower <3
  • Please, come back Mister
  • Kimi wa Petto

Some of my faves:

My amazing boyfriend (supernatural, comedy) CH

Bring it on Ghost! (supernatural, comedy) KR

Doctor X (5 seasons) (medical) JP - no romance, but badass female mc

Mr. Brain (crime/mystery, comedy) JP - one of my first dramas and still one of my faves

Rooftop Prince (timetravel, comedy) KR

Runway Cop (comedy) KR

Skip Beat! (comedy) TW

Bromance (gender bender) TW

Devil beside you (awfully cliche, with triangles and jerks and stuff like that BUT chemistry between main couple is awesome and there are no fish kisses! :D) TW

Vampire Prosecutor (crime, supernatural) KR

I could go on and on - I have mostly crime/mystery/supernatural on my list though :)

My 3 recommendations are:

1. Oh My Venus
  2. Fated to Love You
  3. Healer (glad u restarted it)

Punch in all those shows you've watched into MDL!  It will be worth it in the end - makes it easier to make recommendations as your list grows longer!