does anybody knows any sageuks that has nothing to do with palace politics or the king?

Almost everything I've seen has to do with the king, but some take place mainly outdoors:

• Chuno
  • Schoolar who walks the night, about vampires, 
  • Live up your name, about doctors.

I do not know if that's what you're looking for...

tita_cba:

Almost everything I've seen has to do with the king, but some take place mainly outdoors:

• Chuno
  • Schoolar who walks the night, about vampires, 
  • Live up your name, about doctors.

I do not know if that's what you're looking for...

thanks, will try that SWWTN, im just sick of sageuk involving kings who most of the time were just weak and powerless lol

iambulletproof:

thanks, will try that SWWTN, im just sick of sageuk involving kings who most of the time were just weak and powerless lol

Scholar who walks at night has kings also. and weak at that, cause their line is being controlled by the vampire. the 2nd lead that Changmin played is actually a Crown prince who becomes a King.

maybe check out:

• Joseon X Files - its an alternate world joseon that has sci-fi element

or maybe try chinese historical drama?

• Nirvana in Fire - a must watch. very strong monarch as well as strong powerful heirs

Only ‘Tamra the Island’ comes to mind. 

As the title suggests the story takes place on an island. The male lead was some scholar or high ranking official who got exiled to Tamra. Or sth like that. 

Czakhareina:

Scholar who walks at night has kings also. and weak at that cause their line is being controlled by the vampire. the 2nd lead that Changmin played is actually a Crown prince who becomes a King.

maybe check out:

• Joseon X Files - its an alternate world joseon that has sci-fi element

or maybe try chinese historical drama?

• Nirvana in Fire - a must watch. very strong monarch as well as strong powerful heirs

Lol, It's true! Maybe the vampires are so handsome that they made me forget the king's plot! XD Sorry.

Arang and the Magistrate

and *i think* Joseon Gunman (but i might be forgetting something)

Well. it's not a strong king, but a strong queen in Queen Seon Deok. An awesome drama.