I agree with most of what has been said on here. After watching The Masters Sun, I was really excited for another rom-com-supernatural type show that had a solid plot in addition to the romance. So far, its been good....but a little disappointing. I suppose I want a little more angst, vulnerability and action from the characters. Like, when Do Min Joon had the vision of the high heels and Song Yi falling into the water, it took like two episodes to finally reach the actual event (something like that). Or, when he said he couldnt eat with people or share saliva/blood, i was like "ooooh ya! This is gonna be good. hellloooo romance conflict." but not so far. There's so much face time between the main leads, but not enough substance to it. I wish there were more ties from the past displayed in the present too. I know theres 20 episodes, but at 3 more we'll be 50% through the drama. Right now, its not drama crack for me. BUT that being said, still enjoying it ^^ and gotta love Song Yi! she makes the show. and Kim Soo Hyun hehehhe so cute <3
So true that this show is not "drama crack", but it is the show I most look forward to watching right now..my other currently airing shows are downright boring. So I am satisfied. Episode 7 ended really well. I am not to happy with him suddenly feeling the cold...we all know where that is heading--bad cliche land.
goldenseal50 wrote: So true that this show is not "drama crack", but it is the show I most look forward to watching right now..my other currently airing shows are downright boring. So I am satisfied. Episode 7 ended really well.

I am not to happy with him suddenly feeling the cold...we all know where that is heading--bad cliche land.

ahaha he is prob turning more human??? but agree this and empress ki is something i look forward to the most :)
I will say this is "drama crack" for me. Yes, the competition isn't all that great but that just makes me want this drama more. Without this drama I would probably be in a deep slump with no way out. And who knew Jun Ji Hyun's voice was so good. Her voice alone makes this drama watchable.
@GreenApple, oh amen! Overall, this is such a good drama. feeds the need ^^. Def good for getting you outta a drama slump but I just needed to vent my criticisms for a bit xD

@goldenseal50
wrote: I am not to happy with him suddenly feeling the cold

I was thinking maybeeee it has to do with him sharing food/being kissed by people. Like maybe it's all gonna add up and be like BAM oh i shouldnt have done that. or something. hahaha i dont know x)
I am guessing it is the cliche: turn human and stay and die of old age or go when the ship comes for him. I think the not eating with people was just to keep himself separated. But your idea would make it more interesting.
jasg83 wrote: Or, when he said he couldnt eat with people or share saliva/blood, i was like "ooooh ya! This is gonna be good. hellloooo romance conflict." but not so far. There's so much face time between the main leads, but not enough substance to it.

Couldn't agree more with you. In the this drama's MDL page some users even discussed how it would affect their romance. No kissing and I even imagined a big accident in which they would need blood transfusion, this just before discovering he is an alien.

This drama feels fast and slow at the same time.
goldenseal50 wrote: I am guessing it is the cliche: turn human and stay and die of old age or go when the ship comes for him. I think the not eating with people was just to keep himself separated. But your idea would make it more interesting.

Hercules all over again lol.
Juniko wrote: Hercules all over again lol.

Haha, yeah!

To be honest, after reading all your comments I do feel as though there is something lacking. Maybe they should've left out the whole alien thing - cos he's not really doing anything - and made him a super hero instead...something like 'the 'super' man who froze for 400 years'....

Although, I am really curious about the pyscho-evil-brother, his character is...intriguing.
If he wasn't an alien and a frozen Superman instead then he wouldn't have a limited time on Earth, he must leave in 3 months. But for us to feel that he really misses his home I think they should tell us more about his planet and his people. I mean, how am I supposed to feel sorry for him when he decides to stay at the end of this drama and forget about his family/friends/people/home/whatever if I don't know anything more than his will to return?
kestrel wrote: If he wasn't an alien and a frozen Superman instead then he wouldn't have a limited time on Earth, he must leave in 3 months. But for us to feel that he really misses his home I think they should tell us more about his planet and his people. I mean, how am I supposed to feel sorry for him when he decides to stay at the end of this drama and forget about his family/friends/people/home/whatever if I don't know anything more than his will to return?

I agree! I guess it's cos we don't know much about his back story...he is a mystery after all. What if he does end up going back to is home planet, and he takes her with him? (Idk, but that girl seems to be running into death too frequently for her own good).

I think for now we have no choice but to wait and see how things turn out...
SPOILER!!!! i am soo friggen mad at this guy now... i mean he has had 400 years to love and be loved and now that it is his final 2 months he desides that he really should open his heart. and when he leave he will leave a broken hearted woman who will have to deal with a man who left her for the rest of her life. and so what if we humans can hardly live to be 100? our life times still feel terribly long! so she will have to live with that FOREVER, or so it feels. END OF SPOILER!!!
omo i feel so bad for hwi-kyung, once he finds about his brother and song yi falling for min-joon. Even though he can be stalker-esque, he's still a sweet guy. The ending of episode 8 was super cute though! I definitely wasn't expecting it. But gaaah i want the alien + murder plot to deepen and thicken asap. Can't wait till she finds out he was the one who saved her years ago.
kestrel wrote: If he wasn't an alien and a frozen Superman instead then he wouldn't have a limited time on Earth, he must leave in 3 months. But for us to feel that he really misses his home I think they should tell us more about his planet and his people. I mean, how am I supposed to feel sorry for him when he decides to stay at the end of this drama and forget about his family/friends/people/home/whatever if I don't know anything more than his will to return?

in literature this is called "the ticking clock device". A ticking clock is not hard at all to create. He doesnt need to be ET for that conflict to exist. it doesnt seem like they are gearing up for his origins to be a huge part of the story, either. They are focusing on earthly concerns like celebrity, murder and money. the fact that he's an alien is really periphrial at this point, and we're almost halfway through, is very disapointing.

they made a big deal out of the fact that the male lead is an alien. if it wasnt a major part of the plot i dont see why they would even include it.
to be honest i think you guys are putting abit too much thought into his background. well we already know some stuff that can be use as to why he wants to leave but it doesnt really necessary mean he miss home. he talks about how different humans are compared to him which limits him to certain things on earth, these limitations and differences can be a reason why he wants to leave, he never really say he miss home. and secondly he only have 3month. Yes he doesnt really need to leave in 3month but if he doesnt then he would need to wait another 400 years. If you think about it he prob doesnt want to stay another 400 years and see generations of ppl grow and die and leave him. To me it just seems like earth is home to him is where all his memory are however it is not his place to be so he himself feel like he needs to leave.