Jeaniessi wrote: Yeah..I actually like a good makjang Sleepy! The operative word being Good. I've seen some raves about Flames of Desire/Ambition on a blog or two but I don't know if I'm in the mood for the emotional rollarcoaster! lol I'm watching enough of that right now.

Yeah I've heard a lot of people love that one, haven't seen it yet but it was ingested by The Monster.
Sleepninja wrote: Yeah I've heard a lot of people love that one, haven't seen it yet but it was ingested by The Monster.

lol! I love that you call your list that! So funny
I didnt know that there was this word to describe OTT (over the top) dramas but having watched early bollywood films (kamz - Amar, Akbar Anthony & Naseeb) Im well used to this style & i quite like it I know its OTT & unrealistic thats all part of the fun!!!
I didn't get what was Makjang until I saw that you included I'm Sorry, I Love you as a Makjang drama. So they are the ones with extreme drama and such?

Hmmm... I'm sorry, I love you was really heart-wrenching yet so beautiful. It makes me curious to find other dramas like this. Oh I remember one korean movie that I'm pretty sure goes in this category. I think its called Temptation of Wolves?

Any good makjangs coming up? 30 episodes or less!
o.o interesting didnt even know there is a name for that ... does 1 litre tear count as one?
Makjang is a Korean term. But I guess it qualifies. Do you know the equivalent term for the Japanese melodramas?
1 Litre of Tears doesn't count since it's a true story. Makjang is usually something that is unbelievable and a bit exaggerated.
Sleepninja wrote: 1 Litre of Tears doesn't count since it's a true story. Makjang is usually something that is unbelievable and a bit exaggerated.

Oh, yeah. I forgot it was a true story since I have no interest in it....lol I was just looking at it from the melodrama aspect of it.
Sleepninja wrote: 1 Litre of Tears doesn't count since it's a true story. Makjang is usually something that is unbelievable and a bit exaggerated.

oooh ok
term is still kinda new to me so not much a opinion ._.
Glass Mask

This one looks interesting. :D
I am wondering about "Nice Guy" (I am not calling it by that other stupid name) It's written by the same person who wrote I'm Sorry, I Love You. The premise reads as if it could turn into screaming makjang mess if handled wrong or...It could be a very well written and intense drama/melodrama. But you know...Song Joong Ki!...So I am going to give it a try and see for myself.
Sleepninja wrote: Glass Mask

This one looks interesting. :D

glas mask counts as makjang? really? x.x getting more and more confusing with this word
nekoblah wrote: glas mask counts as makjang? really? x.x getting more and more confusing with this word

Think Melodrama on acid.