Omg La Mu and YT sound pretty epic

Thank you  so much. I have a pretty vivid imagination so I am concocting scenes starring Landi and CXX in my head based on your posts!

@dashmount20, truthfully I don’t remember YT ever ranked them in her heart. Maybe I should share a bit more context that might help to answer your question. 

This whole mission about making the shards fall in love with YT is an added plot in the show. In the book, the shards were 1700 years old. To revive YQ, the goal was to convince the three shards to be willing to sacrifice themselves for him. But they all fell for YT nonetheless. There was something special about her. The shards did not have all senses, but her physical  touch made them whole, experiencing the world like they never could. And of course, they loved her for who she was as well. 

YQ never cultivated in isolation for thousands of years. He was never forced to let go of his emotions or memories. That’s also just the show’s interpretation. Therefore, after he was revived, his personality remained the same, and he forever carried the four realms on his shoulders. That been said, he changed toward YT. After all, he was in love. 

Thank you so much for this! After having been a silent lurker for so long, I finally created an account cos I wanted to rank this show the 10/10 which it fully deserves. Btw, do you know where I can find the link to the recently released novel epilogue which I heard was a HE? I’ve been searching for it desperately online but to no avail. I am proficient in Mandarin so I don’t require a translated version. 

@elezez, sorry I heard of the epilogue but haven’t read it myself. I read conflicting comments about it…some said it was HE and some said YQ was not revived. Given the show’s ending, I suppose we could have an HE without reviving one’s life form. Just never know! If you come across with the epilogue, do share…

Lotlotlots : In my opinion, I think yetan did ranked them in their heart. For sure, Lamu was 1st because there was a time that YQ want to change his hair to Red. His jealously, protection and kindness as Lamu, Selfishness as mei you qing and caring as wenren.

I believe Lamu was her #1 in her heart..

^_^

Thanks for writing this! So from what your summary said - it sounds like YT and YQ don't truly love each other wholly in the novel until towards the end and YT stabs him (?) and YQ dies alone sacrificing himself in the end?? Could you please clarify for me?

I was trying to look for how the novel ended. Though if that's the way it ended, I might say I might like the show's ending more even though it wasn't fully satisfying.

Dashmount20:

Lotlotlots : In my opinion, I think yetan did ranked them in their heart. For sure, Lamu was 1st because there was a time that YQ want to change his hair to Red. His jealously, protection and kindness as Lamu, Selfishness as mei you qing and caring as wenren.

I believe Lamu was her #1 in her heart..

^_^

I like your take on the show. La Mu was adorable and YT seemed to feel most comfortable with him. 

Apologies I wasn’t being clear. When I said I didn’t recall YT ranking the three shards, I was strictly referring to the book. 

Fun fact for a chuckle…at the beginning of their encounter, La Mu wanted to marry QK. He was fond of drinking, and was more keen about a good drink. YT gave him QK’s home brew, and he was won over, pestering YT to introduce him so hecould marry her. 

There are some funny moments in the novel that they could have included (like the bridge locks after the shards met).

After reading and watching, which do you prefer? I feel like the novel characters stayed more true to their original characteristics (with some small changes) that led to that outcome which was the right one for their incompatibilities. I enjoyed the character development of the drama characters and the sweetness of their love, so it's my preferred version.

Tanlixia:

Thanks for writing this! So from what your summary said - it sounds like YT and YQ don't truly love each other wholly in the novel until towards the end and YT stabs him (?) and YQ dies alone sacrificing himself in the end?? Could you please clarify for me?

I was trying to look for how the novel ended. Though if that's the way it ended, I might say I might like the show's ending more even though it wasn't fully satisfying.

Actually, in the beginning YT and YQ did not love each other.  Since young, YT had always a thought to married Wu Dai and become Void Empress. 

Not sure about the novel, because i could not read chinese. When YT stab YQ? look like I din see this scene on the show.

In the show, I believe YT start to like YQ when YQ gave her a Rooftop Swallow Star. And YQ start to like her when he realize that YT actually quite smart and brave (when defend HuSui) or maybe when he 1st time meet her. Because during the Bride pick up, YT did said to YQ that he married to wrong girl but he still choose her to heaven even did not brother to check or curious whether YT is the real QK.

She didn't stab him on the show, I was replying after I read lotlotlots' summaries of the novel. @lotlotlots could you please clarify how YT betrayed / stabbed YQ in the novel?

Thanks a lot!

Lotlotlots:
When YT stabbed YQ, she told him that she did love him. But if she didn’t have him, she simply just wouldn’t be as happy. That was all. She betrayed him. For her, the lives of the sisters were above everything in the world. Just like that, she walked away without turning back, leaving him behind, bleeding severely, calling for her name.

In response to this ^^ - sorry I don't know how to properly tag here :o. Thanks!