I'm thinking of watching this with an aunt/cousin. Would you guys recommend this ?
Szasha wrote: Ah, same happend to me with Snow White and The Huntsman. Well, but that's a different story.

I keep on seeing the ad for that on MDL :P
See it see it See it!!!
bokami wrote: See it see it See it!!!

With my aunt though? Is it suitable?
Skye-N-Rain wrote: With my aunt though? Is it suitable?

I haven't seen the movie yet but I have read the books. It depends on your aunt. To dumb down the plot...The Hunger Games books are about a group of kids killing each other until only one is left standing. I am sure there will be violence but there shouldn't be nudity. Also I am sure this is PG 13 because the PTB want the audience of young adults, who the books are aimed for, to flock the theaters so I am sure the violence will not be too graphic.
Jeaniessi wrote: I haven't seen the movie yet but I have read the books. It depends on your aunt. To dumb down the plot...The Hunger Games books are about a group of kids killing each other until only one is left standing. I am sure there will be violence but there shouldn't be nudity. Also I am sure this is PG 13 because the PTB want the audience of young adults, who the books are aimed for, to flock the theaters so I am sure the violence will not be too graphic.

Thanks. You answered my question perfectly. <3
They say that Suzzane Collins (author) used ninja moves and copy the novel of BR :) well...im still hype to see the movie
Skye-N-Rain wrote: With my aunt though? Is it suitable?

if your aunt's age is above 13.... i think its ok.... its just pg13
I have seen it. and it is defently worth watching it. I havent red the books but it looked very interesting that maybe now ill red the books :D if you haven't seen it then u must see it. Its just a must, the plot the characters everything was just amazing. I enjoyed it alot :P
Quite curious about this, was a fan of the books when they came out. I'm looking forward to see how it plays out on screen :) I don't think Josh Hutcherson was a great choice for Peeta though :/
Scythell wrote: Quite curious about this, was a fan of the books when they came out. I'm looking forward to see how it plays out on screen :) I don't think Josh Hutcherson was a great choice for Peeta though :/

Actually he's the one who got me interested in watching the movie and reading book two and maybe three.
Fact is I've never been supportive of Katniss' and his relationship and imagined him to be a chubby, little boy who resembles a flour sack.
Josh Hutcherson isn't exactly my type, either but he awakened my interest in the rest of the story. :p
Szasha wrote: Actually he's the one who got me interested in watching the movie and reading book two and maybe three.
Fact is I've never been supportive of Katniss' and his relationship and imagined him to be a chubby, little boy who resembles a flour sack.
Josh Hutcherson isn't exactly my type, either but he awakened my interest in the rest of the story. :p

Lol actually I was more interested in that love story than it that with her best friend :p
Man I'm really looking forward to the movie, and hopefully any upcoming sequels that are sure to come. I have the weirdest love/hate relationship with the books. In the first one I didn't notice anything wrong, but in the last two....eugh. I just grew to hate Katniss and the creepy love triangle so much. I've decided the biggest problem is Katniss is just the worst narrator ever. People who call her a brave, inspiring heroine confuse me. All I saw was people fawning over a super confused girl who had a talent for rolling with whatever people told her to do. I kind of feel like The Hunger Games will translate better for me as a movie, so I'm not in that awful female's head.

Scythell wrote: Quite curious about this, was a fan of the books when they came out. I'm looking forward to see how it plays out on screen :) I don't think Josh Hutcherson was a great choice for Peeta though :/

I actually felt the same way at first, but he said or did something- I don't remember what, that just clicked in the trailer. It sounded JUST like Peeta to me. So just for that I'm willing to give him a chance, and I think he'll do a good job. xD I'm not overly concerned about him though. I'll just repeat that I found the love triangle to be the creepiest thing ever and leave it at that. Now if they screw up Finnick or Joanna in the sequels, we'll have issues.
Mirichan wrote: Lol actually I was more interested in that love story than it that with her best friend :p

Now well, I was reading the first book when I was eating a lot of this:

Pita bread.

Gale, at least, sounds like the name of a man. ;)