143TWICE:

@elina18 well then I didn't like it because I don't believe in giving more than 2 chances! A person will never change if you keep forgiving. They showed the ML changed because he's the lead and the way writers wrote him. But if it's irl, don't ever believe such a person will change. If you see some old (uncle, auntie) couples in kdramas, you will notice that the guy never changes but if it's a male lead, he changes??! So it's all the work of the writers = if a ML is bad, he changes & if other side characters are bad, they will stay bad - which is the reality

I get your point and i agree that people don't change, but he was not internally bad That's why in these cases may be people change ( if they want to)

veds:

OMG! I loved Ask Laftan Anlamaz! I just finished it and I am going through major problems forgetting about the scenes between Hayat and Murat.  It really is amazing.  Any other dramas like this? Where the chemistry is out of this world?

Cesur ve Guzel, also turkish. It's melo-melo but the chemistry is off the charts. Still my favorites Turkish are Kiralik Ask and Kara Para Ask (although the ML  are not controlling)

elina18:

I missed commenting on Crush 2017- China- Liked that one

I only know the one from 2021. Does the 2017 version you refer to, has an alternative title?

FL died in the King‘s Woman.  

Story of Kunning Palace is really good. ML is cunning and possessive. 

SPOILER ALERT…..

FL was rather wary and feared the ML because she has her memories of her first life wherein she died thinking he drove her to it (she was a villainess empress then). So she tried to avoid her fate in her second life. The ML was a complex anti-hero character, kind of obssessed and rather focused on the FL. Happy ending, I think it’s worth watching.

And while we’re on the topic of crazy, ultra possessive MLs, I wonder if anyone here likes to read manhwa web comics? You could find thousands of stories there that fits everything you like in the ML drama characters, too.  I find them equally satisfying to read as watching dramas. Warning, though…. a lot are uncensored so it’s going to be different from Cdramas with strict censorship. Here are some examples of stories with crazy yandere males and some not so yandere but still possessive and obssessed MLs (may contain some spoilers). People joke that these male characters are so red flag but could make people color blind. 

Absolute Possession- MMC (Male Main Character) is highly obssessed with the FMC (Female Main Character) and since he works in CIA, he has a rather dangerous aura to him. He was one crazy character, he saved the FMC when her family was targeted and killed but imprisoned her in his place on the pretext of putting her under witness protection. He would take out anybody he perceived as a danger to the FMC, even her mean adoptive sister who treated her meanly and set out to harm her. He seduced her and no matter if she escaped he can track her down. The sxx scenes are graphic so it’ s for 18+ only, not for kids/minors romance. If you’re triggered by Stockholm Syndrome this is not for the sensitive readers. But MMC here has never been with anyone else and is into the FMC only. If she never fell in love with him,  then this is going to be a pure psychological thriller instead of romance. Happy ending for them.

Elixir of the Sun- MMC is an emperor who has a condition that makes him crazy with bloodlust. Sending concubines to him is like sending a sacrifice because they end up dead. He does not sleep with them (another virgin male character who only has one woman in his life), but kills them instead. When he met the  FMC, everything changed because she was the one that could cure him of his bloodlust and madness. He fell hard for her and was super possessive of her. She was adored by even his black wraiths, dangerous special warriors who was supposed to be loyal only the emperor but because she has great healing powers and healed most of them before, she earned their undying loyalty and protection.  He treated her like his most precious treasure and their PDAs would make anyone watching them blush. He even sits her down on his lap and kisses her passionately even during royal gatherings regardless of others watching. Someone once tried to harm her and the emperor got enraged and went crazy enough that he brought out his sword and several heads rolled afterwards. 

Brother’s Sick Love - The main couple characters here are not blood-related and they both know it from the start but not everyone knows, hence the title. But it’s not incest just to be clear. MMC is very protective and ultra possessive of the FMC.  Some might say he’s also rather obssessed with her.  He treats everyone ruthlessly but treats the FMC gently and lovingly. He would even punish his own mother and blood-related sister just to defend her. And of course, no other males are allowed near her. Their story is beautiful, though, you wouldn’t regret reading this.

Destructive Desire- This is one crazy-assed  MMC who was very obssessed and would not let go of the FMC no matter what.  FMC was also crazy to run away, lied by saying the child she carries in her womb  is not his and pretended to have another lover. Bad idea when the man you’re running away from has a lot of influence and money to do anything he pretty much pleases and is a yandere to boot. Instead of turning away from her, the enraged-with-jealousy, manipulative  MMC exacted revenge on the hapless pretend lover in the way that caused the maximum damage and he blackmailed the FMC back in his bed even though he thinks the child is not his, telling her the second child will definitely be his. Good thing the lie did not last long so the MMC was over the moon when he learned the FMC was his and only his. Happy ending.

There are many more great, addictive stories out there and if I go on and on it will take long for me to finish lol. Some websites where you could read these= BATO.TO, Zinmanga, 1st Kiss Mangga, Manwatop, Mangago, Manga Sy, and many more.

Other titles that you would enjoy reading:

You Are My Everything

The Evil Lady’s Hero

Daytime Star (not so obssessive but this is just a great story to recommend for those who love passionate, romantic stories)

The Remarried Empress (the first husband  emperor who treated the female character like dirt only to regret it hard after he lost her to her second husband, also an emperor from another kingdom..love the second husband’s character, he is also ruthless but a total simp with the FMC. Once he got her, there was no more chance for the first husband to ever get her back no matter how hard he tried)

Overprotective Lady (tsk, tsk…FMC was so innocent she had no idea that the MMC was very cunning and  obssessively in love  with her. He pretended to be very gentle, couldn’t hurt a fly, when everyone else knows his true character Lol. A definite must read story)

A Villain Is A Good Match For A Villainess

Obscene Baguette- He is a hidden yandere

The Devil You Know- obssessed, possessive main male character 

Father, I Don’t Want To Get Married- possessive main male character, story is really good

And there are many, many more like the ones I mentioned above…

MKB:
And while we’re on the topic of crazy, ultra possessive MLs, I wonder if anyone here likes to read manhwa web comics? You could find thousands of stories there that fits everything you like in the ML drama characters, too.  I find them equally satisfying to read as watching dramas. Warning, though…. a lot are uncensored so it’s going to be different from Cdramas with strict censorship. Here are some examples of stories with crazy yandere males and some not so yandere but still possessive and obssessed MLs (may contain some spoilers). People joke that these male characters are so red flag but could make people color blind. 

Thanks for this list. I've added them to my reading list, and they're high priority. If you have any more recs, please share. I know it's bad but I love obsessive and possessive mls. 

Not sure if we can, but it could be good if we have a separate forum for mangas and webtoons with yandere, possessive mls.

Yes, that would be great.

Here are some additional recommendations for you:
My Imperial Sister Is Not Easy To Mess With (mangasy.com)- the female character is not the true daughter of the emperor so they’re not blood siblings and at first, she’s the only one who knew it. The younger  “brother” is clingy, affectionate, and possessive with his “sister” (he really thought at first that they were real siblings but just did not care, that’s how obssessed he was with her).
The Iceberg President’s Cute Little Wife (mangasy.com)- another possessive male character, l love the dynamics of this couple. The male character is rather doting on the female and always make the others suffer if they so much as try to harm the female character.
I’m Being CP With the King of Movie! (mangasy.com)- love, love this story. They’re magical creatures, the female character is a nine-tailed fox and the male character is, well…better to just read it since they didn’t reveal it right away. But he’s very powerful…. He’s very protective, jealous and possessive as well.
Immoral Night (battwo.com)-General male character… the girl was supposed to belong to him but his adopted son tried to get her, too. He had his adopted son killed to protect the woman he desired as well as get her back. He also killed his wife-in-name only when she got jealous and tried to have the female main character killed by poison. The guy was around late thirties in the story but looked much younger and is handsome so the age gap can’t really be felt here. 18+ only. Not recommended for minors.
The Sultan’s Love (battwo.com)- he killed his sultan father and usurped the throne just so he can possess the woman he loves. 18+ only. Not for minors.

Sweet and Warm With You For The Rest of My Life 

Bossy President, Please Love Me Gently

Why Ophelia  Cannot Leave  aka The Reason Why Ophelia Can’t Get Away From The Duke (both FL and ML are yanderes, you will see why once you read this). There’s a novel version, too.

Turkish series called Kara Sevda or Endless Love in English has this.

The 2nd Main Lead is a total psycho.  He's completely obsessed, actually the entire series is about his obsession.  A lot of viewers consider this one of the best romantic series from Turkey.  If you enjoy crazy, obsessed stalker heroes, try this.

ps. Doesnt have a happy ending (due to the obsessed 2nd H).

Age of Youth - He's not an ML because the 5 main characters are all girls, but he turns out to be a pretty prominent character and so do his effects on one of the girls. He was an obsessive manipulating gaslighting psycho jerk who got jealous easily.

So I've never read any um... +18 Manga before and yeah. That's uh. Definitely 18+. lmao I don't know WHAT it was that I expected but yeah. Wow.

ShotaSidePart:

The movie Beautiful comes to mind. The FL is very attractive and pretty much gets harassed by all kinds of men. She has a stalker and a cop to come save her...

Yeah but a bit disturbing to watch.