cypheraly:
so bew assaulted sonar. more and more unraveling of this "friend" group as we go on. bew has definitely lost his mind, but so has fone and probably bozo though bozo less than the other two. and i've got no further ideas of what's going on except now bew has seen lyla whether or not he admits it.

Agreed but as I explained before, I think they may use the bad impression we have of Bew to think that he´s the worst problem, and tbh he´s also kinda working against himself and others which is very dangerous if everyone wants to survive. Because they may think his disappearance may solve the worst problem and they will no longer have to fear death on a frequent basis. However, just because he is the most toxic and aggressive one, doesn´t mean he is actually the most dangerous one. Think about it, we have seen so many sequences where he got blamed as the culprit but wasn´t and he did not kill Sonar when he had the chance. Both Mac in the bathroom and Dan were self-defence. On the other side, he may have been a harasser/ or even worse. My guts just tell me that this series is giving us obvious reasons to suspect and hate him but then again they show some moments where he got falsely accused in the past. 

Another theory:

Currently rewatching the first episode and I have to say, Lilly is so extremely suspicious. Before Mac threatened her, she purposely went to Bozo, who was in charge of keeping an eye on Mac. Then she coincidentally got kidnapped. (Maybe they even planned this together) After Mac "ran away" she sat at the beach the next day and coincidentally Mac´s corpse was buried not even 5 m further.  "If Mac really wants to destroy everyone, why did he let me go?" <- Her Alibi. Forced herself to kiss Dan to seem unbothered and unaware. Then she coincidentally discovered Mac. Additionally, she coincidentally drowned on the same day? Everything could be set up by this person, I believe so. And if that´s the case she´s probably going hand in hand with Mind on this one and the three of them (+Mac) planned this together to avenge Lyla. Another theory would be the one where Lyla joined these plans too if she happens to be still alive.

Just got done with the episode and I still believe that either Lyla is alive or there's someone impersonating her and the chaos and fear make everyone who sees her think it's actually Lyla. The fact that only one person at a time seems to see her even when she appears in groups is the only thing that makes me doubt this theory. Mind being alive and fine proves that nobody is really dead unless they die on camera and their corpse is shown (Dan, Mac).  Honestly, if it wasn't for the text that started it all it would be possible that there's no mastermind at all and they all just went stir crazy. 

It makes a lot of sense that the boatman died of illness seeing the coughing shot, I also found it a bit suspicious that he remembered Mac and Nest from years ago. There could really be something there.

Bew saying "I'll never let myself be killed" was such a huge red flag for foreshadowing, I don't see him lasting much longer now that he's put himself in this position. Before this episode I didn't really think he had it in him to be this violent, and it did surprise me that he didn't kill Sonar when it was just the two of them. Very interesting that they didn't let us listen in to whatever he'd told her in the bathroom. It must be big, or something that would change the way we see his character. I could believe he's not actually super bad. He knew about Plato and Ken but so far it doesn't seem like he told anyone.

I am still very on the fence about Nest, she seems to be the most scared and helpless one and that makes her a very big suspect to me. There were also a bit too many close up shots of her leg in this episode for it to mean nothing. I remember when Mac was losing it at first she didn't seem particularly put off when it was just the two of them (like in the tent), she only put on the frightened act when Mac started freaking out with everyone around them.

I think after the past episodes of extreme tension and even small groups breaking up into single individuals we might be leading up to some sort of distension. The flashback with Sonar and Lyla was a reminder that we've only seen very small fragments of the past. Before this ep, the last we saw of them was through Mind's POV and it was the two of them fighting, but since them they could have resolved it and same for many other characters that seemed to have a tense relationship. And we've never seen any flashback of the past island trip! We have no idea how their relationships were when Lyla died.

At some point during this episode I almost hoped there was the chance of a happy ending for most of them, lol. If they put aside their differences and calmed down for two seconds to focus on leaving the island... But the fact that we're not even halfway through, omg. This show could seriously go everywhere. I've been thinking about so many things that could happen and I really can't write off any of them!

Mind going in with that confession feels like a death sentence, especially with the fact that she's telling it to Bew. If Bew loses it and tries to touch her he'd have to go up against Bozo and that would be the end of that alliance.

Some final thoughts that go nowhere but I wrote in my notes (yes I take notes as I watch, lol): Lyla's watch is intriguing. It doesn't rule off any option (even if she had killed herself she could have left it there or given it to someone beforehand, same if she was killed). Interesting how nobody remembers who Lyla was with when she died.  There's some untreated wounds that are making me nervous, mostly Fone but also Plato. I don't see how you could get poked in the eye by a tree like that and walk around normally with no treatment after such short time. She has to be getting an infection, right? It's a miracleit didn't reach her brain, I really thought she was on her last legs what with the blood loss and everything. These wounds have to come back at some point

And oh the movie/literature references this show is giving me! (Warning for big nerdy rant) Obviously it's Lord of the Flies first and foremost, but we've also got the Agatha Christie thing as somebody commented before. Confined space, only a handful of suspects, possible fake deaths? Then there's the obvious Battle Royale/Hunger Games concept (which made me think how interesting this could be if it was staged by someone else entirely, but I feel like that would make the show a whole different genre). Cinematography wise, a few of the shots in this episode reminded me of Lynch's Twin Peaks, like the shots of the woods or even the black and white bathroom flashback with Sonar and Bew and the fact that it was muted as he whispered. -> About this, aren't the other flashbacks in color? Why was this suddenly B&W? Maybe it wasn't real?

yes i wondered that about the black and white flashbacks. that has to be important. i don't think something that drastic is an error or unintentional. and the fact that we don't know what was said is also something that I'm sure we will see later. 

i kind of love how this show keeps us guessing with all kinds of theories but no real idea what's right.  I'm excited to see what happens next and what we learn in the next episode.

torfight:
And oh the movie/literature references this show is giving me! (Warning for big nerdy rant) Obviously it's Lord of the Flies first and foremost, but we've also got the Agatha Christie thing as somebody commented before. Confined space, only a handful of suspects, possible fake deaths? Then there's the obvious Battle Royale/Hunger Games concept (which made me think how interesting this could be if it was staged by someone else entirely, but I feel like that would make the show a whole different genre).

I couldn´t agree more on this. It has the requirements to plotwise fit into the A.C. Let alone the fact that even the viewers are discussing any possible escalations. As I said, it is too quiet now and I bet some motives will be revealed soon to continue this survival battle.  

torfight:
At some point during this episode I almost hoped there was the chance of a happy ending for most of them, lol. If they put aside their differences and calmed down for two seconds to focus on leaving the island... But the fact that we're not even halfway through, omg. This show could seriously go everywhere. I've been thinking about so many things that could happen and I really can't write off any of them!

"It is the calm before the storm; and quicker than you think; the face of those changes; who talk of peace and already start to throw the torches among the peoples of this earth." (I forgot the author)

torfight:
Very interesting that they didn't let us listen in to whatever he'd told her in the bathroom. It must be big, or something that would change the way we see his character. I could believe he's not actually super bad. He knew about Plato and Ken but so far it doesn't seem like he told anyone.

Since I already dedicated a huge paragraph to him, you may already know my opinion on this and I won´t repeat the reasons why he may not be as bad as we think. If the writer wants to make it interesting, he will use this mislead and misconception of Bew´s character to make the viewers doubt everyone again and rethink their "choices", as well as it could raise awareness that one should never judge before everything is revealed. Which is hard in this kind of series. Personally, I always change my mind.

After all, they just let us see what they want us to see. However, Bew is still toxic AF and condemns his own bloody destiny because of his high-spirited manner. I doubt that he will have much time to realize that. For me, however, he remains the most irritating but at the same time most interesting character to analyze in this series.

I bet the next episode is going to be wild and as sad as I am that we probably have to part ways with Bew and/or Gel, I am very excited to see where this is going.

torfight:
She has to be getting an infection, right?

Episode 5 with this timestamp: 34:24 clearly shows that the wound is already suppurating, so I assume that it has already become infected and blood poisoning is not improbable. Would be the only first natural death so far (alongside presumably the boatsman and later Mind)

Okay, episode 6 was insane and a lot to transfer into our theories. I also can´t believe that Plato died, wasn't holding Ken in in his arms in the trailer? Will he survive this?? AGAIN?? After he lost so much blood?? They probably changed the story after they released the Teaser.

Firstly, the boatsman died from poison, which explains a lot and makes also sense why nobody came to rescue them yet. It takes time until help can come and who expect that their kids/siblings/relatives just started going berserk and on killing sprees after they went there to pray for Lyla´s death. LMAO

BEW
Unfortunately, it seems like they didn´t want the plot twist in Bew´s character and if he really did THAT to Sonar (he did not deny it so he probably did) he is indeed a very bad and cunning person. It´s still so confusing because that´s ofc something I won´t take lightly or ignore, trust me, but on the other hand, the series is not really trying to make him look THAT evil. Take the last flashback, for instance, it´s like they first destroy the sympathy for him and then they make us doubt it??  Either they try to leave him as realistically evil as possible or he is not that bad...? (Can´t believe I say this) However, he said to Sonar:
"If you die as well, I will consider it fortunate" which makes him obviously the bad guy. I AM STILL SO CONFUSED ABOUT IT lol like I can see he´s a disgusting offender but some of his actions are so suspiciously out of character then. He did not impulsively kill Mind, he did not go berserk as how someone thought. What is with this dude? He´s in love with Nest? He killed not only his best friend but his stepbrother?? It´s only getting more confusing, as expected.

SONAR
The way Mind looked to Sonar when she got accused by her, was definitely very sus. Sonar suffered a lot and she is an outrageous brave character but some things are off about Mind´s reaction towards her and also that Bew said: "You´re not better than me" after she reminded him what kind of disgusting offender he is. He did not deny what he did but he still said that. At that moment. That´s also very off. I believe in Sonar´s story, still, she is very suspicious. But why? What has she done? Why would she be the mastermind? On the other hand, we know nothing about her yet except for what Bew did to her and that she also hated Lyla. Or maybe not???

BOZO
Bozo is getting more innocent, I doubt he could be behind this. I think he is even more innocent than Nest haha :D He´s so committed towards Mind, I highly doubt someone like him would be an evil mind.

omg dan being bew's stepbrother was unexpected. bew's parents both seem awful, but that doesn't really make anything he's done okay. also i just realized the gross age difference between bew and lyla and sonar - cause it's implied from the poster and everything that lyla's 15. and didn't they say that bew is in uni in the flashbacks and is only at the school to help out younger students? so that means he's 18/19 at that time. which just makes him even worse as a character. 

definitely feeling lyla being a ghost or manifest of their guilt more now since she talked to mind about her tumor which lyla shouldn't know about.

but the mind + sonar thing mind looked like she realized something when she was thinking back to making her drink. maybe she realized that sonar had done something and instead of outing her she's trying to cover it somehow? i dunno why she would do that but that look on her face was definitely something of understanding and clearly she was lying about having done anything with the poison. she was too... idk but there was no emotion really in how she said it. and bozo stating that she was just trying to get them to stop fighting cause her tumor so it didn't matter if they blamed her and killed her if it meant they'd stop fighting each other does seem to make sense.

i don't think sonar is an innocent person (not that it means she deserved what happened to her or anything cause no one deserves that) cause none of them really are, but now we at least know some of why bew seems to have it in for her he's definitely just taking advantage of the whole situation with wanting her dead and proves that while bew is an outright awful individual he's not actually behind the whole thing. just that he's using the situation to his advantage - especially now that he's been so seriously injured. also furthering the point while none of them are innocent people doesn't really mean they are the mastermind behind the whole trip or anything.

as for bozo being innocent... idk. i think it's more of we just haven't seen his bad points yet. he did smack the shit out of sonar when trying to get info out of her which does say a lot about him as a person because there was no need for the violence and yet he sided with bew who is trying to get sonar killed and fone who is actively trying to murder the girl she supposedly loves cause she got turned down and hurt on accident.

cypheraly:
lyla's 15. and didn't they say that bew is in uni in the flashbacks and is only at the school to help out younger students? so that means he's 18/19 at that time. which just makes him even worse as a character.

Is this age gap so outrageous? Guess it must be different in each culture or sth but when I was 15 my ex, who I have been together with for 4 years, was also 20. Except for him [my Ex} being an inhuman sadist and manipulator, I don´t think that the age had much to do with his ill-witted behaviour. So that´s not something that actually caught my attention but if it´s a bad thing in your culture or in Thailand  I respect it and it can be seen as a red flag in some ways.  

cypheraly:
bew seems to have it in for her he's definitely just taking advantage of the whole situation with wanting her dead and proves that while bew is an outright awful individual he's not actually behind the whole thing.

Exactly what I think too. Bew may think: "If I am already forced to be here, let´s look for some benefits." but that could also additionally be a sort of coping mechanism. Hormones and primal instincts cause him to feel almighty and unkillable. Guess now that he´s at a disadvantage, he will have a hard time. Especially since hands are the most important tools and also important weapons/ shields. He´s not only emotionally vulnerable anymore, but also physically. Easy pray. Maybe he will turn into a "please spare me" kind of pathetic character or he won´t give up and feel even more motivated to avenge himself.
Either way, Bew is an incredibly interesting written character to me.

cypheraly:
he did smack the shit out of sonar when trying to get info out of her which does say a lot about him as a person because there was no need for the violence and yet he sided with bew who is trying to get sonar killed and fone who is actively trying to murder the girl she supposedly loves cause she got turned down and hurt on accident.

Of course, I didn´t say that he is in any way perfect. He is violent and it´s unforgivable to treat anyone with aggression. However, in the moment of despair and loss (he thought Mind was hurt/ dead/ in danger) his mind might not have had the capacity to care about morals, of course, that is a red flag, one should be in control with themselves at all times and never hurt others. So far tho, he did everything because of Mind. He really loves her, to the point he would sacrifice himself at any minute. I doubt that such a person can be as ill-witted as to brutally kill someone or be a mastermind.

I also slowly begin to assume, that the moral of the story will be that Lyla was not alive, their guilt of their past alone, made them commit the unthinkable crimes. Lilly just helped them a little off-screen.

15 is the age of consent in thailand but an adult lingering around someone that much younger is a bit ick because of the age/power imbalance, especially in a country where age is such a big factor in things. so while it's not illegal it is just a bit telling and a little like this adult is hovering around other barely legal individuals instead of someone closer to his own age especially since all the girls that he's seemed interested in/been with that we've seen were around lyla's age so it's a pattern and not just a specific individual type thing. and if they were older that age difference wouldn't matter at all to me, but for most people there's a huge difference in maturity between the ages of 15 and 18.  so that's why i consider it to be a red flag though i also understand that there are individual cases that it's different.

bew is definitely at a disadvantage now, which is helpful for sonar lmao. but also makes it feel to me like he might actually die in the next episode and we'll learn more about him after the fact. and about bozo that makes sense! i wasn't reading your comment as innocent of the whole plan of them being on the island more as innocent in general/personality. oops. yeah i agree that he likely isn't involved in the plot to get them there.

i do agree that lilly could likely be the one pulling the strings with lyla being the manifestation of their combined guilt of so many things. each episode has been exciting and confusing in such a good way.

but sidebar - all of their acting has been so good??? like i do really hate bew as a character, but zee is doing so well at portraying him and tommy's portrayal of grief with plato's newest attack was painful to watch in how honest and realistic it seemed.

Okay, biggest question of the episode is who hurt/killed Plato? All the alive people were on screen while it happened so we have to assume Lilly is still alive, right? I don't see any other solution to this unless he did it to himself (unlikely) or a third person/Lyla(?) did it. And what would be the reason for this other person to hurt Plato of all people? He seemed to be the most innocent of them all. I think this might be a crucial answer to figure out what's going on, who did it and why. Nobody had a motive to hate him other than Gel, and it was clearly not her. The only person shown with a knife was Fone, but she was also not near him and her knife wasn't bloody.

I still don't understand why Bew had to kill Dan. I get that it was self defense and Dan thought he'd killed Lilly, but after he was on the ground and begging for mercy the Bew we've seen in the flashbacks would have stopped. Especially since it was an earlier episode and their sanity wasn't so bad yet. There has to be more between them that we are missing. This led me to think that maybe Lyla has nothing to do with this and it's all Lilly's revenge, using her sister's ghost to make them paranoid as she gets what she wants. She's the one that gets accused right away of having sent the text so we are led to believe that it wasn't her, and her "death" was definitely not confirmed

Another thing that's still missing for me is why Mind doesn't seem to appreciate Bozo, even in the flashbacks. A few episodes ago she said they'd already "discussed it", I assume why she doesn't want to go out with him, but she seems to be very agressive towards him and so far we've been shown that he's been nothing but polite and kind to her. I wonder if at some point he got too pushy/insistent and that's why she treats him like this. Her saying she knew about the poison was definitely a lie. I agree about the spark of recognition and the fact that Sonar definitely has something to do with it. I think she was hoping that her sacrifice would get them all to calm down and think they had gotten the culprit but it didn't really work.

One last thing I noticed is the contents of the boatman's box seem to be a bit weird. Without a translation of what the document was I can only assume it was some sort of boat permit which would make sense, but the gun? And why show us the medicines if he was healthy and just died of poisoning? He was coughing already at the start, so unless he got poisoned before the trip started that shot is still important

i agree with bew killing dan being excessive. i personally didn't see it as self defense. more of him taking advantage of everything going on and taking out all his anger/frustration at dan that he hadn't been able to really express until that point. cause the moment that dan stopped reaching for the hatchet it stopped being self defense and he was just laying there sobbing when bew killed him. very similar to him deciding to use the whole thing to kill sonar/get her killed. like yes dan initiated the fight but he also stopped it so from that point on it was bew just acting on his own. so i think it really was more a way of showing who he is as a person, his mentality, and the point he's willing to go for his own sake. not necessarily anything to do with the overreaching plot, just more character depiction.

and plato's neck getting cut again proves that someone else is there. whether it's lilly, lyla, or a new player entirely. clearly they aren't alone there because i highly doubt plato would have done that to himself and then returned to the others. if he'd stayed with the bags then maybe i could buy him possibly doing it to himself. 

on bozo and mind: mind does seem to not appreciate bozo at all which makes his continued defense of her a bit... idk sad? because clearly she doesn't see him the way he sees her. it does make me think that there's more to their story that we don't know yet.

and the last bit i definitely think the contents of the box were important. i doubt they would have put so much focus on it if it wasn't going to be important. i just don't know the significance yet. 

torfight:
I am still very on the fence about Nest, she seems to be the most scared and helpless one and that makes her a very big suspect to me. There were also a bit too many close up shots of her leg in this episode for it to mean nothing.

I was right about one thing after all!

It was nice to see Mac again, we didn't really know much about him before this episode. The flashbacks almost make him seem the most normal, even though he's the one that lost it the fastest. I assume he never got over Lyla's death. On that note, I really want to see flashbacks to the previous island trip, not even to find out what happened but to see who was friends with whom at the time lol. 

Tommy did a great job with his acting, can't wait to see more in the next episodes. 

I think both Mind and Nest are now telling the full truth. Sonar, on the other hand, is still in a cloud of mystery. She had no reason to help Nest set up Lyla and Bew, so we're definitely missing something big there. Bozo continues to look innocent and reasonable, which is a bit suspicious.

The preview, man. Lots more Lyla interactions incoming, maybe we'll get some more clues as to whether there's actually someone there or if she's just a ghost. Bew is probably going to die, Fone might have died already, Gel might die soon. I don't think Sonar is going to kill Nest just yet, so soon after the big reveal. Something will interrupt her. I am growing more and more suspicious of Sonar, I am still not 100% convinced she's telling the truth about Bew since we have no clue why he would have abused her. Also another interesting thing from the preview is Mind talking about someone working with Sonar, making it sound like she's sure that Sonar is guilty even though at this point she wouldn't really have a base to say that. Maybe the weird glance we noticed in the past episode will get an explanation?

All in all, a bit of a slower, flashbacks-focused episode which I still enjoyed a lot. This show continues to be well made and engaging.

torfight:
All in all, a bit of a slower, flashbacks-focused episode which I still enjoyed a lot. This show continues to be well made and engaging.

I agree with you. Actually, since it has been a flashback episode mainly I also grew less suspicious of Nest and Mind and way more suspicious of Sonar. Bew might actually have abused her in the past, maybe out of impulse because of the leaked clip. He might have thought it was her.

I agree that Bozo looks too innocent at the moment, however, he takes good care of Mind. On the other side, Ken is going insane, he has nobody to lean on right now and his lover just gruesomely died in front of him and the first thing he does is going to look for Sonar? Trying to kill her because "It´s [her] fault" ?? Sonar is so damn suspicious. Both Bew and Ken trying to kill her? At first, I thought Bew wanted to "clean up his mess in the past" but now when I think back to the episode when Sonar mentioned the sexual abuse and insulted Bew as a scumbag, instead of defending himself he said, "You´re not better [than me]". Bew may be a disgusting bad person but he is not unreasonably evil, as some of his movements have shown during their stay on the island. Everything he did was (kinda) out of impulse/defence or despair. Suddenly he turns against Sonar and instead of feeling ashamed of what he did/ defending himself/ screaming/ slashing/ etc. he chooses to tell her she is "no different than him" ??  That would be so bottomless if that had no backstory. There must be more behind at least four of them (Ken, Plato, Bew and Sonar). I am not defending Bew, he should rot (or get his testicles crushed lol) if he did that to Sonar, honestly speaking, but I am raising suspicions on Sonar. (The Series wants us to do that so I am also suspicious of being suspicious)

Episode 7 Resume:
Mind kinda came clean, as well as Nest. Gel and Fone had no appearance in this episode, the last time we saw them was when they fought and fell off somewhere. Bozo is still taking care of Mind, very gentle but too innocent (?). Plato died and Ken is seeking revenge for his deceased lover. Bew lost consciousness and will probably lose something else tomorrow. Sonar is taking her anger out on Nest. Lilly and Lyla are probably hanging out in the woods, planning their next moves. 

100% deceased
- Plato (episode 6)
- Dan (episode 3)
- Mac (episode 1/2)
- Uncle Chai (episode 2)

= 4 people

Unknown (?)
- Lilly (episode 2)
- Lyla (episode 2 - 7)
- Fone (episode 6)
- Gel (episode 6)

= 4 people

So Mind lied about leaking the clip? That's... idk. Like I understood the lying about the poison to stop the fighting. But lying about the clip too? I mean I guess it makes sense kinda. She's that kind of person that just wants everyone to stop. But what good does lying about leaking the clip do? Especially if the person who leaked the clip is the person behind everything.  Edit now that I've watched more of the episode: Mind and Nest are both equally to blame for the video being leaked. Even if Nest is the one who reposted it so that more people saw it, she got the video from a post as it is so clearly Mind made that post (or someone else did with the clip she made) but even the fact that Mind had filmed it in the first place puts blame on her too. She might not have intended anyone to die over it but it's still no good.

Ken is very insistent that everything is Sonar's fault and I want to know why.

But Nest lying about being disabled to be liked or whatever just definitely reaffirms my feelings that nobody in this group is a good person even if we haven't seen how they aren't yet. So just because Bozo seems to be decent  doesn't mean I trust or like him either. At the same time I still don't think that just because these characters aren't actually good people it automatically makes them the person who set this up. And makes me wonder if the idea of the whole thing just being their mental guilt and everything manifesting as 'Lyla' is the correct one

Sonar is hella suspicious. How is she coming to the conclusion that Bew attacked her because of Nest? Was it supposed to be payback for the clip or something??? I might have missed that being suggested to be his reasoning. But Bew telling her she's just like him is Significant, so is Ken suddenly being against her, too. I'm definitely very suspicious of her after all this. Oh and then her now trying to kill Nest also doesn't really help that at all either lmao. 

And there's honestly not a single person in this group I'm rooting for at this point cause everyone's proving to be awful - so I don't trust Bozo not to be too lmao.