sasumae:

Not sure if this is a spoiler but I will hide it anyways:
In episode 4, while they are enroute to the Ziyue mountain, Gu jin explains that Di Juan's purple moon was the source of the demon realms power.  But I recall in ancient love poetry , Tian qi telling Shang gu as Houchi that he couldn't take back his purple moon yet because he was using it to protect the demon realm.  I  already struggle hard to recall character (and peoples) names, the name change is really killing me 

In The Last Immortal, they simplify the True god structure. Ji Juan (Yuan Qi's father) = Bai Jue. 

Ziyue moutain is inside Demon realm and it is the place where Jing Yuan (name of Tian Qi before he restored full power) stayed and practiced in ALP as well as in the novels (both Shang Gu and Shen Yin). However, since the drama wanted to make it simpler they attributed it to Yuan Qi's father too (then they don't need to explain who is Tian Qi and his relationship with Yuan Qi. It also made his childhood more bitter. Because Tian Qi loved Yuan Qi and he took care of Yuan Qi as a father. 

I made a post about name changing between ALP and the last immortal (2nd post of this discussion topic) and I will keep updating if there are ALP character appearing in TLI. 

TurboMuffin:

do you know their level of powers? I'm not sure that the book had much info of the difference in levels

besides Immortals , Demi God and God , afterwhich anyone who achieve God hood ascends into God Realm.

In other cultivation novels usually it's Foundation, then Golden Core then Nascent Soul then God etc

TLI seems to establish A yin at Foundation and Gu Jin at Junior Immortal . 

Is Feng Yuan/Feng Ran a god already but just on duty at Immortal Realm before she returns to God Realm??

at the end when Hua Shu was Demi God, her powers were only 1/100 000 of Xuan Yi Demon God. 

You meant xuan yi devil god 

Arbaz Akhtar:

I meant xuan yi devil god 

If you use google translate, it will translate as demon god. However we know that demon god is Tian Qi and Xuan Yi took care of death spirits. The whole novel was translated in my native language and for Xuan Yi and the creature in his realm is called Ghost God and ghost race respectively. 

I feel that devil is still quite close meaning to demon. 

@TuboMuffin

Xuan Yi is one of the 5 true gods who had supreme power from creation. Moreover, in the novel Shang Gu, it is said that true god like Shang Gu still experienced many reincarnations. Their power is improved along reincarnation and cultivation.

H19279:

If you use google translate, it will translate as demon god. However we know that demon god is Tian Qi and Xuan Yi took care of death spirits. The whole novel was translated in my native language and for Xuan Yi and the creature in his realm is called Ghost God and ghost race respectively. 

I feel that devil is still quite close meaning to demon. 

@TuboMuffin

Xuan Yi is one of the 5 true gods who had supreme power from creation. Moreover, in the novel Shang Gu, it is said that true god like Shang Gu still experienced many reincarnations. Their power is improved along reincarnation and cultivation.

I see ghost god is more suitable I guess 

So Bai Jue and Shang Gu are just chilling in the God realm alone ? Shouldn’t they open it up and let other people ascend to there ? Is their son and his wife just gonna forever live their life without meeting them ? 

darkn3ss:

So Bai Jue and Shang Gu are just chilling in the God realm alone ? Shouldn’t they open it up and let other people ascend to there ? Is their son and his wife just gonna forever live their life without meeting them ? 

God realm was closed after Bai Jue reborned but for certain amount of time (i don’t remember) but later it reopened. Feng Ran and Jing Jian returned to God realm. in Chasing moon, it is said that Hong Yi also went there with his partner

H19279:

God realm was closed after Bai Jue reborned but for certain amount of time (i don’t remember) but later it reopened. Feng Ran and Jing Jian returned to God realm. in Chasing moon, it is said that Hong Yi also went there with his partner

So Yuan Qi and Feng Yin don't go there ?

Eloise_22:

So Yuan Qi and Feng Yin don't go there ?

the book ends with the scene they were about to go out to search for their daughter who might was playing in a entertainment house. Their daughter’s character is thought to resemble Tian Qi

H19279:

the book ends with the scene they were about to go out to search for their daughter who might was playing in a entertainment house. Their daughter’s character is thought to resemble Tian Qi

I see so its not ever said explicitly whether they are in God Realm or nor . Plus their daughter sounds so mischievous .

Eloise_22:

I see so its not ever said explicitly whether they are in God Realm or nor . Plus their daughter sounds so mischievous .

1000 years after her encounter with Xuan Yi, Yuan Qi came inside the wutong forest in Phoenix island wake up Feng Yi to search for their daughter. They said she probably was following a handsome immortal trainees.  She liked teasing men.

So at that moment they were staying in Phoenix Island. She may have to stay their due to her duty. Feng Ran could only move to God realm when she had a successor.

H19279:

1000 years after her encounter with Xuan Yi, Yuan Qi came inside the wutong forest in Phoenix island wake up Feng Yi to search for their daughter. They said she probably was following a handsome immortal trainees.  She liked teasing men.

So at that moment they were staying in Phoenix Island. She may have to stay their due to her duty. Feng Ran could only move to God realm when she had a successor. 

Thank You for the explanation,  with how XingLing has written the sequels since Ancient Love Poetry then can we expect Yuan Qi and Feng Yin's daughter's  story too ? Or Will Chasing the Moon be the last one and it ends as a trilogy ?

Eloise_22:

Thank You for the explanation,  with how XingLing has written the sequels since Ancient Love Poetry then can we expect Yuan Qi and Feng Yin's daughter's  story too ? Or Will Chasing the Moon be the last one and it ends as a trilogy ?

She even hasn't finished Chasing moon yet. I am curious how Xuan Yi's plan about equality for every creature would be like. Ah Yuan Qi said their daughter's characteristic might be similar to Tian Qi. I wonder if he stayed in demon realm or back to God realm. Travelling between immortal realm and demon realm is possible and easy for them.

Lin Sen and Lin Mo in The Last Immortal

Lin Sen and Lin Mo in The Last Immortal coresspond to Sen Hong and Sen Wu in both novel Shang Gu and Shen Yin. Their father, the demon king had 3 sons. The youngest one, Sen Yun was killed by Feng Ran in revenge for the death of her caregiver, a old male demon. The man was killed by the fire from the flighting between Jing Yang and Sen Yun. 

In the novel, Sen Hong (the eldest prince) became demon king. He was a demi god. In the flight between immortal and demon race, in order to help demon race (to be equal with immortal), Bai Jue spent a lot of his spiritual power to help Sen Hong become god. Because in the immortal side, the emperor and empress were god and godess. Sen Wu loved Cheng Qin (Hong Ruo) and engaged with her. However, later he was seriously injured in a battle, he was recued by Qing Li (Qing Lin) who used her elixir to save him. Thus, he owned her a big price. He felt responsible for her since her health diminished significantly. Chang Qin dissolved the engagement. Qing Li later fought for demon race in the last battle in Shang gu. She used abyss flowers to kill a lot of soldiers and got punishment by Shang Gu. 

However, in ALP, Sen Jian, the demon king had only 1 son alive - Sen Wu

What happens or where is Bai Jue and Shanggu in the storyline of last immortal or Shenyin?

Im so confused I can’t keep the names straight at this point !