I'm currently watching Tang Parn Kammathep. It has Janie and Andy (Andrew Gregson) in it. I'm really enjoying it. Apparently it was hugely popular and one an award or two. At least, that's what I read somewhere. :)
Sleepninja wrote: Sure! Give me a sec and I'll PM ya.

Received your PM. I'm currently looking over the list.
Thank you very much :)
You're welcome :)
http://iheartlakorns.com/

That site is a great resource to find english subbed lakorns. All the dramas that I have listed below can be found on the site above under the tabs : completed lakorn w/eng subs and lakorn w/eng subs.

I recommend the following lakorns:

Daddy Duo - 2 besties (guys) end up taking care of a little boy and dealing with their "annoying" neighbors ... tons of laughs and chaos.

Cupid Gang - a bratty girl who grew up abroad ends up marrying to a traditional Thai family and her hilarious struggles ... a good look into Thai culture.

Sapai Glai Peun Tiang - crazy hijinks between a female cop and her "enemy" ... starring Ann and Chakrit, who are uber cute together. No rape scene as well, which is a big plus for me.

Seub Lab Rahat Rak - the best Thai lakorn that I have seen ... starrring Ken and Vicky (2 of my favorites) ... in a fast paced and well acted lakorn about infiltrating a creepy cult.
rad_lisette wrote: http://iheartlakorns.com/

That site is a great resource to find english subbed lakorns. All the dramas that I have listed below can be found on the site above under the tabs : completed lakorn w/eng subs and lakorn w/eng subs.

I recommend the following lakorns:

Daddy Duo - 2 besties (guys) end up taking care of a little boy and dealing with their "annoying" neighbors ... tons of laughs and chaos.

Cupid Gang - a bratty girl who grew up abroad ends up marrying to a traditional Thai family and her hilarious struggles ... a good look into Thai culture.

Sapai Glai Peun Tiang - crazy hijinks between a female cop and her "enemy" ... starring Ann and Chakrit, who are uber cute together. No rape scene as well, which is a big plus for me.

Seub Lab Rahat Rak - the best Thai lakorn that I have seen ... starrring Ken and Vicky (2 of my favorites) ... in a fast paced and well acted lakorn about infiltrating a creepy cult.

I use that site, it's a very good one. :) Have you seen Wong Wian Hua Jai or Namtan Mai? I really enjoyed those. I have seen one lakorn with Ken in it, Sawan Biang. It was really good. I am working on another of his lakorn with Janie, Rak Nee Hua Jai Rao Jong.
Hi all I have seen two Lakorns so far which I was introduced to by sleepy... her recommendations are really good, I enjoyed both dramas so much I am now a fan of Lakorns too. I think Ill be watching another one soon :) If only we had a Thai section.
NinaJade82 wrote: Hi all I have seen two Lakorns so far which I was introduced to by sleepy... her recommendations are really good, I enjoyed both dramas so much I am now a fan of Lakorns too. I think Ill be watching another one soon :) If only we had a Thai section.

We should do a group watch again. I suggest we watch another lakorn!
wrote: I have seen one lakorn with Ken in it, Sawan Biang. It was really good. I am working on another of his lakorn with Janie, Rak Nee Hua Jai Rao Jong.

I love that lakorn too, it's one of my favorite. I like to rewatch it times to times even if in real life, the plot is not something we would like to see. Ann and ken is my favorite thai couple and Ann my favorite actress. I have watched all her 5 lakorn with ken and I have liked all of them. Ann has a lot of chemistry with her co-stars. But I can't watch Ken's lakorn without Ann, I don't even know why.

I like Tik too, he's great in Wanida ( if you haven't watch it yet, just go watch it now, it's a great lakorn).

For the young actors, I like Margie and I like mark too.

wrote: http://iheartlakorns.com/

That site is a great resource to find english subbed lakorns.

I use that site too. I used to watch on youtube too but a lots of channels were suppressed.
I have watched Wong Wian Hua Jai but I will check out Namtan Mai. Ken is my favorite ... he's really good at both comedic and dramatic roles.
I'm Thai so it's great to see so many people liking lakorns...usually lakorns come from books. I think Duangjai Akkanee is fun. You should watch all four lakorns from that series too... 4 Huajai Haeng Khun Kao. :)
rad_lisette wrote: I have watched Wong Wian Hua Jai but I will check out Namtan Mai.
Ken is my favorite ... he's really good at both comedic and dramatic roles.

Great! I hope you like it. :)

Mirunae wrote: I'm Thai so it's great to see so many people liking lakorns...usually lakorns come from books.
I think Duangjai Akkanee is fun. You should watch all four lakorns from that series too... 4 Huajai Haeng Khun Kao. :)

Hello Mirunae! It's nice to meet you. :) I have those lakorn planned.

I remember reading on a couple of sites about them being based on books. They are based on old novels? I think Sawan Biang was. I watched the 2008 version with Cherry and Ken. I think there are several version of it though. Is that right?

Anyways, I would love any recommendations.

*edit* haha my lack of sleep is showing. Ann, not Cherry :p
wrote: I think Sawan Biang was. I watched the 2008 version with Cherry and Ken.

it's Ann and Ken in that one. No cherry.
Im currently watching Skip Beat. I loved the anime, loved the manga, and the Thai drama follows it like almost perfectly. It also has an amazing and funny story line.
U-KissMe wrote: Im currently watching Skip Beat. I loved the anime, loved the manga, and the Thai drama follows it like almost perfectly. It also has an amazing and funny story line.

lol That's not a Thai drama, that's a Taiwan drama. :)
dingdongbl wrote: it's Ann and Ken in that one. No cherry.

Oops your right. haha I need more sleep! T-T