Haley

Addicted Heroin
Mar 16, 2016
Firstly the original author has done a great job in producing these characters. While they do border on the traditional "Forward and unrelenting" and the "reluctant and angry" couple featured in BL series, the underlying story of their relationship and how it develops is something I personally have not read or watched before.

Story: I believe it develops nicely although due to the censorship the progression of time does seem off, however read more that is not really something that can be helped all of the time. If there was a uncut version released I believe the story progression and development could very well reach near perfect.

Acting: I believe the two main actors play their parts well. They have not stepped back from the characters personality, specifically that the feelings develop nicely and do not get turned on like a switch out of the blue.

Music: The opening song is very nice, during the show the music is not overpowering.

Rewatch Value: I think you could very easily watch this over and over again because you are made to feel sad, empathetic, happy, embarrassed and shocked across all of the episodes. I found myself laughing at the characters and sometimes that is difficult to give to your audience.
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
Story: 9/10
So the story was nearly a 10, however, there could have been more explanation on the "How" and "Why" Go Ha Jin ended up as Hae Soo and what the eclipse had to do with the whole situation (Which would also clear up the ending somewhat). I personally didn't mind the ending, if only because it meant hope. I think it made real Hae Soo's main quest of "changing history" read more I know some people stop liking a drama if they don't understand or want answers, but I like to fully put myself in to what i'm watching - if I enjoy it until the end (leaving aside my complaints) then it did a good job, but if you can't get past the inconsistency then it did a bad job. This did a good job at keeping me captivated and to me that means the Drama served its purpose to entertain. Even if you find holes in the story its told well enough for you to keep going. I've seen that people don't like the relationship progression but to me its more real. The feelings are raw and confusing. They aren't black and white. The whole drama and its relationships are not fairy-tail ones - they hurt and they try to persevere.

Acting: 10
I've now seen many dramas, some cringy and some not. I think each cast member brought a good personality to the characters. I cared about some and hated others. That is all you can hope for, if you dont feel anything for the character at all I think the acting wasn't worth it. I ended up crying a lot.

Music: 9
There wasn't any one particular song that stood out to me, the music was good but nothing that made me go "Wow I want to download this". Perhaps I was focused too much on watching that I wasn't hearing it. Although perhaps thats a good thing, you can't have music too overpowering for a story like this - and sometimes the way that the drama repeats the same powerful song every episode annoys me.

Rewatch: 10
I would watch this again to focus on details I may have missed the first time. Side characters, subtle hints or actions, try to answer some questions I asked by taking what I know from the first watch and fill in the pieces.

Worth the watch, definitely, It's very emotional and raw. The music doesn't overpower the story and distract you from the very intense and fast paced lives of Hae Soo and the princes.

February 03