palak

Marriage, Not Dating
Sep 26, 2014
I think this is one of those dramas where you sit back and say "Wow, so this is also a way a Korean Drama can be made". I mean, don't get me wrong, there were some kdrama cliches in Marriage Not Dating but nothing was overbearing. In fact, I loved those cliches too. And it was an extremely refreshing romantic-comedy.

The plot was very interesting throughout. A guy wants to stay single read more while his family (mostly his mom) threatens to get him married. So he decides to make Jang Mi his fake girlfriend as he knows his family would never approve of her as their daughter-in-law. The funniest ride starts right there at their first meeting. I loved how they started every episode with some fast-forwarded scene that made you go, "did I miss an episode or something?". lol.

The characters were all amazing. I haven't loved a female lead in a long time the way I loved Jang Mi. She was hilarious and had a kind heart. I mean, sure, she got a little clingy at times but that was funny too. Ki Tae was great. Out of all their friends, Hoon Dong was the best! I didn't care much for second leads, which was pretty much a bonus because I hate having second lead syndrome. Both the families were great. I think Ki Tae's mom's character was the most interesting. Sometimes I loved her and there were times I really hated her (can't believe Jang Mi never disliked her). But there were also times I pitied her. By the end of the drama I realized she was the character I became most emotionally invested in. I loved her and loved how she grew as a person. In fact I loved the growth of every character in this drama. I think when it comes to creating beautiful characters, TVN is the best. Whether it's the characters from Reply 1997/1994 or shut up flower boy band, they all impressed us and it had nothing to do with fancy celebrities but rather with the script.

The music is great. "Love Lane" and "Stop The Love Now" have been a part of my daily jam for a while now. It's a cute, cheerful OST overall. Moreover I loved the funny background music (people who have watched this would know what I'm talking about). I think I haven't loved any bgm this much since the "meh" for Sam Chun Po in Reply 1994. Hahaha.

Overall I would recommend this drama for the slightly-different but cute love story and the hilarious family situations. Definitely worth a watch and a rewatch!
Jealousy Incarnate
Nov 10, 2016
To me, Jealousy Incarnate is a messy drama. But it is messy in the most perfect sense possible. The kind of drama that reminds you about the joys of love, friendship, life and sorrow. I went looking for a typical Gong Hyo Jin romantic comedy drama that I crave once in a while. But this is so much more than a romantic comedy.

Of course, the romantic comedy elements are all there. read more The love triangle is killer. You will definitely have a second lead syndrome, even if it's only for a few fleeting seconds. But at the same time, you will never stop loving the male lead. The story also makes you laugh plenty. I haven't laughed like this while watching a drama in a long time. The writers didn't take even a minute for granted and the whole thing is an absolute joyride.

Another awesome thing about the story is how they covered a whole range of issues in a lighthearted and optimistic manner. We have the issues of male breast cancer, asexuality, live-in, two-timing, workforce rat-race, not-so-typical families explored beautifully in a way that only a Korean drama can pull off. The romance is top-notch. I love the chemistry between the two leads and between all characters in general. The comic timing is great.

Among the characters, I was absolutely invested in Hwa Shin's character. He is not perfect but the kind of growth the character showed from the very first episode all the way till the end, and the way Jo Jung Suk portrayed Hwa Shin's struggle in love and life, it was amazing. He absolutely killed it! I have watched everything Jo Jung Suk has starred in and this is my favorite of his works (so far). Gong Hyo Jin was her usual best. I love her in these naive roles that she plays. Both second leads were great. Jung Won was more perfect but Hwa Shin was more interesting.

Pal Gang's moms were hilarious and their interactions were something I always looked forward to. The company had an interesting setting. I loved Pinocchio and this time, it was nice to see a drama from an anchor's perspective instead of reporters. Pyo Na Ri's struggle to switch from a forecaster to an anchor was inspiring and something that was relate-able.

I am definitely rewatching this. Some scenes are so memorable and the chemistry is unforgettable. The music is great. My favorite song from the OST is "Yes! Love". I waited for it to release for a long time. Overall, it is going down as one of my favorites. And Jo Jung Suk has almost made it to my favorite actors list. Highly highly recommended for all kinds of moods!
Five Enough
Aug 21, 2016
Five Enough is a heart-warming story a divorcee mother of three and a widowed father of two coming together and becoming one big, happy family. This is exactly what drew me to watch this drama even though I was unfamiliar with the cast.

50+ episode dramas can be extremely tricky. Sometimes they are so bad that you lose your faith in dramas and vow to never watch another 50 episodes drama again. read more But sometimes they are so brilliant, your faith is restored completely in one stroke. Thankfully, Five Children falls in the second category. The story was brilliant and there were no dull moments at all. The main leads had a wonderful story and all the characters surrounding them had their own great sub-plot. The female lead was badass and the male lead was the touch of kindness she needed in her life. They were perfect for each other!

Sang Min was definitely the highlight of the show and his romance with Yoon Tae was the cutest. Sang Min reminded a bit of Tae Joo from What Happens To My Family. He was so funny and both of them were so adorable.

Tae Min and Jin Joo started off as a little annoying (especially Jin Joo) but they became really adorable in the end. Jin Joo had the most character development, in my opinion. She started as a spoiled brat and became a responsible adult in the end. I think she won a lot of hearts. And their relationship was really interesting to watch in the last 10 episodes or so.

The rest of the cast was equally great! Sang Tae's In-laws were annoying and overbearing at times but they were also one of the most interesting characters in the show. They cared a lot and had their own (crazy) way to show it. Sang Tae's parents were complete opposite of the in-laws. They were sweet, caring and gentle people. The father was so supportive and wise; he was awesome! Sang Tae's brother was handsome but such a swindler in the beginning. His character got better halfway through and he didn't lose his funnyman act anywhere. Soon Young was a sweet presence in the show and a key character to bring more excitement.

Mi Jung's grandma was a force to be reckoned with. Loved that strong lady! Mi Jung's ex husband and his wife and mother-in-law were annoying at one hand but on the other hand, the wife seemed like such a harmless airhead, you just feel like "Whatever, let everyone be happy". Her mom seemed like an evil lady but you realize how human she is. Imagine if your daughter bringing a married man home and declaring she cannot live without him. She was prepared to be cursed and be strong for her daughter. I think I liked the mom more than the airhead wife.

All the children were a delight to watch! In fact, the whole time you feel excited about the kids moving in together (one day) and being one big squad of siblings. I had my moments where I liked all kids. But if I have to think about it, Woo Young was my favorite kid. He was so caring and protective of his mother and sisters. He helped out and looked out for his mom. He was too mature for his age. Loved that kid! Woo Ri was a brilliant actress. Woo Joo was adorable! Soo and Bin were immature at times but I grew fond of them too at some point.

The OST was awesome. I have it in my phone. It was bubbly and catchy and soothing all at once.

I can't imagine rewatching this right now because of it's length but it is highly rewatchable. I will probably get down to watching it again a few years down the lane.

Overall, it was wonderful and would highly recommend it even if you are wary of weekend family dramas. It doesn't have any makjang and it's low on excessive melodrama. It's a nice family drama, almost has a slight slice-of-life feel to it.
Pinocchio
Jan 24, 2015
Pinocchio on the surface is about a bunch of reporters who learn what reporting is truly all about. Or at least, that's what I was expecting until I heard Lee Jong Suk joined the cast. I swear nobody has a knack for good roles the way he does. He just knows how to pick an amazing role and make it even more amazing with his acting skills. And that's what this drama read more was. Absolutely AMAZING. Every episode took me deeper and deeper into their story and by the time I was done, I was crying like a wild horse (if wild horses cry). Every character, every situation and every decision (made by Dal Po) either turned me into a huge of puddle of emotional mess or brought a huge, shiny grin on my face. Some stuff got me slapping my computer screen so hard (I'll make it up to you babe). There were no in-betweens. Also there were no dull moments.

Coming to characters. Dal Po is amazing. And not just your everyday amazing but amazing amazing. While I was watching I can't even count the number of times I would've made a choice completely different from him. He was so brave and just so right. The kind of path he took, there was no assurance that he would be able to avenge his family at all and as we moved further into the story, we realize that if he hadn't made the choices that he did, he wouldn't even have been able to catch the right culprit. As for Park Shin Hye, I've really only liked her in You're Beautiful. Her characters in Heirs and Flower Boy Next Door were extremely disappointing. But this is her best portrayal. I loved Choi In Ha and her blunt attitude (not that she had a choice considering the Pinocchio Syndrome). I think I'll have a hard time remembering it's not a real syndrome.

The supporting cast was amazing, especially Yoon Yoo Rae. Her little love-story towards the end was really cute (I'm trying really hard not to give spoilers here, but I'm so excited I can barely contain it, lol). In Ha's mom, her dad, her grandpa, everyone was great. Both the Caps and OMG the whole staff at YGN. I absolutely loved them. Especially the dude with the creepy grin and the hairband. He was awesome! Ahn Chan Soo was awesome. Kim Hae Sook is one of my favorite actors when it comes to moms and other older roles and the parts she plays always have something great to offer. Same happened here. Her character started out as a sweet and overly-protective mom which reminded me of her roles in Marriage Not Dating and I Hear Your Voice but it grew into so much more. Last (but most definitely not the least) Ki Jae Myung was mesmerizing. You know what he does is wrong, yet all you feel for him is sympathy and make excuses for him, because the emotional turmoil he goes through is simply palpable. He suffered through years of pain and guilt and he suffered all by himself. It was beautiful, the way his character was shaped.

The music is good, though not extremely good. It's melodious, relaxing and not too dramatic. Every Single Day has composed some nice ones for the OST.

Comparisons to I Hear Your voice are inevitable since the lead actor along with supporting cast and the writer-director were same for both dramas. And there is an essence of IHYV here in this drama, which makes it just as great. But nothing is repetitive and Pinocchio easily holds it's own. I would recommend it to everyone now that all the episodes are out and you don't have to live in agony waiting for new episodes.
Cunning Single Lady
Nov 30, 2014
When I started this drama, I was kind of prepared to hate the plot and leading lady. I mean, come on, the synopsis basically describes a gold digger taking a second shot at her husband after she finds out about his new success. But in the end I loved the drama! It was cute and an easy-watch. I wouldn't say it was extremely addictive, but it didn't drag much either. So it read more was one of those average feel-good dramas with a happy ending.

I loved Lee Min Jung here. And Joo Sang Wook, who I've only watched in Good Doctor and his role there was too different. L had a small supporting role but it was pretty cute too. In fact, this drama was overflowing with cute guys. And I'm nowhere near complaining. lol. The second leads here were extremely bearable. I mean, yeah, there was a point towards the end where I wanted to punch both of them for a moment. But it was flickering. And relatively they pretty good second leads. Not good enough to have second syndromes but good enough to develop a slight liking for them. The second lead girl especially was not a cold hearted bitch. I mean, she was shy and a bit gloomy because of her disability and her past. But she was nevertheless likeable.

The ending episode was super-sweet, with every character a bit of their own happy ending. Overall I would say while this drama is not something that would make you go, "wow best drama eveer" but at the same time you won't regret watching it and definitely won't throw popcorn at your screen. lol.
The Good Wife
Aug 28, 2016
I started The Good Wife to alleviate the painful wait for the new episodes of Doctors (oh, the irony). And 2 episodes in, I was absolutely engaged! The Good Wife is not a typical drama. It has a mature tone and deals with mature issues. When a normal Korean drama deals with cheating on your spouse, they make it all cheesy and overly dramatic. I just love how they handled the cheating read more in this drama. It was so realistic and you completely understood where each character came from.

The female lead was amazing. She was so calm and dignified and yet, there is a subtle change occurring within her throughout, simmering beneath the diplomatic surface. It never explodes or exposes itself completely. You cannot hold that change to one single moment. You can't point at one moment and say "there she is finally!" But you can feel the change constantly, scene after scene. Until it has become a part of her completely.

I love her character. It is so deep and yet we can all relate to it somewhere. The rest of the cast is equally amazing. Nana's character was brilliant. She was so unique in her style and I loved her screen-time, especially with Hye Kyung. I didn't know much about Nana before I started this show (except that she wins the title of "most beautiful face" a lot). But I really look forward to seeing her in more roles (and different ones). I didn't know much about Jun Do Yeon either (except that she was paid A LOT for this drama). But I she was so good here, I ended up checking out a couple of her movies (and loving them!).

The guys were awesome. Jung Won was sooo sexayyy. Like MY GOD. He's like a bad boy who grew up like some really fine wine. I'll be crushing on him for a while. The romance was unexpectedly awesome. The drama is full of sexual tension and I am not complaining.

Tae Joon was another complex character who was a delight to watch. The whole time you are wondering WHO THE HELL IS HE? WHAT IS HE THINKING? This guy had me really confused with his sometimes-bad-sometimes-good character. But then I realized the catch. This is how he is supposed to be. This is how we all are. There is no black or white. There are good sides to us and there are dark sides. And that is exactly how he was. He was a scary man but he was a gentle father. He was trying to do something right using wrong methods. He loved his wife but he succumbed to temptation. A lot. He was human.

The music was perfect for the drama and this drama can definitely be watched again for the complexities and the surprisingly swoon-worthy romance that takes it's own sweet time to build.
You're Beautiful
Jun 9, 2013
I really don't know whether I can actually write a review for this without giving any spoilers. But I'll try, so here we go. This. Drama. Is. HILARIOUS. I mean, I know different people like different kinds of Humor but this one would definitely tickle your funny bone. Whether it's Hwang Tae Kyung's duck pout or Go Mi Nam's aunt's butt slapping or Jeremy's Gay issues or lots of other things that read more might get to you. But it'll surely make you laugh!

The story is awesome and refreshing in the most cliche way. A girl dresses up as a guy and works with guys and falls for one of those guys. But out of all Gender-Bender stories, this one would definitely stay with you forever. I mean, I've literally had moments where I suddenly zone out and start thinking about random scenes from this drama and laugh hysterically, and then people eye me like, "Did you just have a crazy-woman episode?" and I can't explain it to them because they just won't watch the effing drama! I mean, come on, it's weird explaining.

Coming to acting. EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THAT DRAMA IS EPIC. Like, seriously, all the characters, even Jung Yong Hwa (playing Shin Woo) who people keep dissing saying he's a horrible actor, is just EPIC in you're beautiful. The actors playing even the smallest characters are epic. The music is mind-blowing. Definitely on my top 5 Korean drama OST (and you know how much competition the K-drama OSTs have). "Without Words" by Park Shin Hye has so much meaning to it, it just gives me goosebumps. Whoever wrote that song, HATS OFF! I have watched this drama twice and keep searching funny clips on YouTube and rewatching them all the time.

So, in conclusion, everyone should watch this drama. It's a rite of passage for every Korean drama watcher. But I guess most of us have watched it already, but still. If you haven't, you should definitely put this one on your PTW list :)
The Man From Nowhere
Jan 6, 2014
So I've been really curious about Won Bin all through this time while watching Korean dramas. I've only watched him in a supporting role in Autumn in my Heart and while I thoroughly enjoyed his role, I always wondered what made him click so much with the Korean audience (and the audience all over the world, as a matter of fact). I mean, if we look at it statistically, Won Bin has read more barely done any dramas beyond the 90s and has only done a handful of movies but if you look out for best actors in Korea, his name tends to come on top.

It' the quality effect indeed. He has done some really good movies and The Man From Nowhere is a great example of his less-in-quantity-more-in-quality movies. I loved this movie. It was thrilling and touching all at once. A man going all the way to save a little girl because she's his friend. And the man cannot be stopped! He's a freaking one-man army, who won't stop until he wants to. What a great plot! I was on the edge of my seat throughout the movie and the ending made me cry. Well, almost since I don't cry that easily. The ending was a little different from what I expected but it was a good ending.

The rewatch value is the only thing that is not a ten for me. That's mostly because you know how the movie will progress and that steals a bit of the excitement. But the action scenes are simply WOW. The lead character is so strong and invincible, but he doesn't care about glory.
Healer
Mar 6, 2015
I actually started this drama when it first began airing but at that time I was distracted by other dramas (mostly Pinocchio) and gave up on it after watching only half of first episode. I picked it up again after a couple of months. 14 episodes were out by then and I remember dramathoning the whole thing in two days straight. This drama is seriously addictive and edgy. The plot is fantastically read more written and every ending makes you want more. And apart from the amazing action and thriller sequences, this drama has a great romance. There are no second leads annoying you but there are those terribly sweet jealousy moments. I love mysterious sexy male leads who turn clingy and cute. I can't believe the ratings for this drama weren't sky-rocketing in Korea. I really don't understand Korean preferences. They watch makjang shows one after the other but when gems like Healer turn up, they switch the channel.

Coming to characters, Healer. God I love healer. I love how he's jumping around buildings and coming up with these exciting plans. I love what he does for a living and I love his little high-tech shack. I love that he's a loner. I've only watched Ji Chang Wook in Empress Ki other than this drama but I must say he is always a delight to watch.

Park Min Young. I must admit that the only reason I ever hesitated to watch this drama, it was because of Park Min Young. I've watched many of her dramas and I've generally not cared much for her roles. But it was Kim Nana in City Hunter that ticked me off. God I hate Nana. She's a bodyguard who needs a bunch of bodyguards. In fact, I think it would be better if someone locked her up somewhere far, far away until everyone's done with whatever they're trying to do. She seriously messes things up and then goes around acting cute about it. So, yeah, basically I was weary that Park Min Young is going to play a role like Nana here. But I guess 2015 is the year of Reinvention for Korean actresses (with Park Shin Hye also winning hearts for her performance in Pinocchio). Park Min Young not only did a wonderful job in this drama, her character Cha Yeong Shin was a delight to watch. There were a few times in this drama where I held my breath because I was afraid that Yeong Shin would make a terrible choice that would create a havoc and make me hate her. But she was so awesome at those points that it really made me love her character overall.

The rest of the cast was great too. My favorites were definitely ajjumma and Yeong Shin's family (her dad and the rest of the criminal staff). I really held my breath there towards the end when I had a feeling Ajjumma is going to die. My Eun Shi Kyung feels were returning to me, I was all set to cry. I'll never forget that moment of relief when I realized she will escape. Thank you writers for not killing her off. I wish they had shown an emotional reunion of mother and daughter though. The ending was just a little rushed. Or maybe it's just me never wanting Healer to end. lol.

The music was great. I have the whole album on my phone. My personal favorites are Eternal Love and When You Hold Me Tight. I like that song by Ji Chang Wook too, although I've only heard it a few times.

Overall it's a masterpiece and even though the ratings in Korea weren't all that great I'm so glad it's getting it's due on MDL (9.2 avg yay!) and other internet portals. It's doing well in China too, with Ji Chang Wook being one of the most searched Korean actors there these days. I guess a good story would always find it's worth one way or the other.
That Winter, The Wind Blows
Apr 5, 2013
This drama was quite refreshing and beautiful. I'm not really talking about the story. I mean, it was a typical love story, predictable at most points (although there were some shockers thrown in too). What I'm actually talking about is the amazing cinematography and the beautiful locales where this was shot. Everything was simply breath-taking from the wardrobe to the snowy mountains. Another plus point was the way Oh Soo's character was read more played out. I liked all the characters and everyone acted well but it was Oh Soo who made me cry and relieved and sad and sympathetic and at times, even gave me goosebumps. It was nice seeing Song Hye Kyo after the long gap and she was here usual best. Eun Ji and Kim Bum made a very cute couple. Kim Bum has become one of my all time favorite side-kicks. As for Eun ji, I really want to see her in another center role now. I mean, she was great in this but she deserves more lead roles. I guess she's my forever-bias after Reply 1997 :)
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
Nov 1, 2016
Moon Lovers and I go wayy back. When Scarlet Heart first came out back in 2011, it was all the rage. At that time I was into my second year of drama-watching and I hadn't watched anything much besides Korean dramas. But I remember a bunch of my online friends strongly recommended me to start Scarlet Heart. In fact, 5 years later, I still haven't been recommended a drama like that, with read more such intense passion and by so MANY people. But sadly, I never got around to watching it. I was really uncomfortable with the language, the historical setting, the bald-look of the princes (okay, I SAID IT, I'm sorry, I was shallow). But somewhere, at the back of my mind, I had made this little tale that the drama is going to be made into a Korean drama one day, with all these hot actors as leads and I'll just wait it out and watch it then. And okay, a remake is pretty logical because they go around making a lot of remakes but when they announced this, I swear I got goosebumps. Like "I don't believe this--this what I have been dreaming of all my life--someone please pinch me--I should star in the next Final Destination movie now" sort of goosebumps.

So yes, saying that I was excited for Moon Lovers was putting it very mildly. I was exhilarated. Ecstatic. A lot more words with an E. And they made us wait even longer by making it a pre-produced drama and waiting a whole year before it actually came out.

But the best part? It didn't disappoint one bit. I mean, after such high expectations, it is only natural to feel a little let-down just because of all the hype you've been experiencing. But Moon Lovers actually ended up surpassing all my expectations. The drama was perfect from the beginning till the end.

Coming to the plot, it was extremely well-paced. I mean, for dramas it is rare to find such consistently well-paced dramas. Sometimes the beginning is not that good and sometimes the plot dies down after ep 12-16. But here, you never feel like there is too much or too little. It is really hard to skip anything. You just don't want to. Another important fact is that because an older version is already out there, viewers are prepared for a possibly sad/tragic ending. Even if you come without knowing anything about the parent story, the vibe of the show itself whispers the possibility of an un-fairytale-like outcome. There is an intense and gloomy feeling in the show.

The characters are the strength of the drama. I mean, can we talk about the fourth Prince? He is going down in history as one of my favorite characters ever. Firstly, he is so sexy. I mean, you simply can't get enough of him. I have never really been into Lee Jun Ki before but after this, I plan to check out all his dramas. I have seen a couple of his shows but I never realized he was THIS good. The character of Wang So is so complex and so hard to deliver. And yet, Lee Jun Ki plays him so effortlessly, becoming one with the character. What is even more surprising is that he is such a cutie in real life (lol). I really don't know anyone more perfect for this role. I mean, Kang Ha Neul's character turned to the dark side too but it was nothing compared to Wang So. Wang So was simply..addictive!

Coming for Hae Soo. IU faced a lot of flack for her poor acting skills but I felt she was good in her role. I mean, she wasn't as good as Jun Ki or Ha Neul but she did really well. You could feel her transformation from a 21st century person to Goryeo lady to a woman with a lot of scarring experiences. In her previous works she has only done cutesy roles. I really enjoyed her work in this, she showed her versatility as a serious actor. The 13th Prince. He was gentle and kind and the most perfect friend. I loved his chemistry with Woo Hee. It was surprisingly great!

Wang Eun was a big baby but he was a sweetheart too. I wouldn't say Baek Hyun is a good actor but he was given an easy role and it was handled well. Ji Soo was a delight to watch! So far I have loved him in all his roles (I think I have watched everything he has starred in). The rest of the cast was really good too. My favorite among supporting characters was General Park. His acting was so on-point even though he only starred for a few episodes. I liked his daughter too. Ji Mong was a delight to watch. And court lady Oh Sang Goong, I loved her! I can really go on and on about the characters - the good ones and the bad ones, all did well. The acting was so good here, I just couldn't get enough of it. I cried with them and laughed with them.

The music. OH MAN, the music. I love each and every song. This hasn't happened to me since Dream High (I think). I really can't pick a song that I like more than the other.

I am definitely DEFINITELY rewatching this. I know for sure.

The biggest tragedy that comes out of this drama is that the Korean audience could not fully appreciate the perfection that this drama was. The ratings were so low there. Thankfully, it did well everywhere else and made up for it.
3-Iron
Jan 26, 2014
There are plenty of reviews already explaining how awesome this movie but I'm still amazed. The plot is just so refreshing and different but not too complex. It's great! I think everyone would enjoy this movie regardless of age and preferences. To put it in short, it's a sweet love story of two people alone in this world. A woman who suffers from domestic violence and a mysterious boy who breaks into read more people's homes when they aren't around but only eats and sleeps there and retreats right after the owners return.

The cast is amazing! The two main leads express themselves so beautifully without any use of words. I would recommend it to everyone. One of the finest Korean movies I have watched till date.
Secret
Feb 4, 2013
When I started watching this movie, 15-20 minutes later, I thought to myself "What a lame movie. It's so obvious the girl has a terminal illness and she's going to die pretty soon" Boy was I wrong. This movie blew my mind away! The acting was really good and they used great music. But overall, I think the story was what stole the show. Love it. Will watch it again for sure.
Full House
Jan 14, 2014
I watched this drama a year back and I was pretty excited when I heard all the praises for this drama and learned about the sky-rocketing ratings. But honestly speaking, I left disappointed. And I'd like to call that the generation gap of dramas. This drama is too old school for my taste. I neither find the jokes funny nor do I get why the characters don't confess/move on. It did drag read more for me and some of those shirts Bi Rain wore were ATROCIOUS.

So why did I give it an 7 overall (instead of a 5 or a 6)? Well, even though the couple was frustrating, they were pretty sweet together. And I liked the acting and the chemistry. And I admit, some stuff was really cute.
Loving, Never Forgetting
Feb 4, 2015
I waited for this drama to be subbed for about half a year and it was worth it. The plot is a little similar to Autumn's Concerto and Autumn's Concerto fans would certainly enjoy, if not as much as AC. Loving Never Forgetting is not about two people in love who have a baby. It's about two strangers who have a one-night stand and the man doesn't even remember the woman. Imagine read more saving a little boy in an accident and finding out he's your son, even though you can't even recognize the mother! This drama follows these two people as they fall in love and truly become a real family. The plot has some ridiculous, rather-makjang elements but overall it's a heart-warming story.

Jerry Yan is one of the most handsome Taiwanese actors and I have watched him in a few dramas. His character here is quite different from the immature-but-funny-and-sweet brats he generally plays. Here, he's a cold, ruthless businessman who does not believe in love or marriage. I liked him here and he definitely stole the show! Wu Tong is really clumsy and at times, really stupid. She's the perfect damsel-in-distress, something that ticked me off a bit. I'm kind of used to strong drama female leads now and characters like her make me want to roll my eyes at them every minute. If I got a penny for every time she fell down, I would be a millionaire. But the woman is plain stubborn. She never got rid of those heels (and how did she afford them anyway since she barely managed to earn her living). But anyways her character wasn't entirely hate-worthy. I mean, she was the sweet, innocent, perfect lead after all. Tong Tong was alright. Nothing compared to Xaio Le obviously (Xaio Le was too classic). Supporting characters were fine. My personal favorite was the special assistant.

The OST was good enough. This was my third Chinese drama (I think) and although these dramas are longer in terms of episodes, they're enjoyable. I could rewatch Jerry Yan's scenes with his child and Wu Tong but the rest I would definitely skip in the second round (if there is one). It's a good drama overall and when it comes down to it, definitely worth the watch.

India