Red Wine in the Dark Night

BlxxdyButterfly
Feb 22, 2016
I wasnt expecting much because it was tagged as a thriller (which I dont watch many) and it wasn't labeled as supernatural or vampire (which I LOVE). But after the first 20 minutes, I was SO happy! The story is original and I didn't see that plot twist coming in the end. The story isn't really confusing but it is weird and at times makes you feel awkward because of the light sex scenes and strange behaviors.

The acting... OMG!! The cast was amazing but the acting was more than I expected of a movie like this. Night is like my new bias. I also love the subtle hints of vampirism that they used with Night like the Dracula haircut and the red eyes which signifies eye dryness (they are not human) or exposure to too much sunlight. Wine was so creepy and psycho it was scary how good he was.

The music was amazing. I really want the soundtrack. One minute there was beautiful, opera-like music and then 5 minutes later, it was eerie, dark and creepy music that made the atmosphere which is what music in movies is supposed to do.

I recommend this SO MUCH if you like vampires, revenge, psychotic behavior, and amnesia in the story (it has it all!). I certainly will watch it in the future when I remember it as being an mind-blowing movie.

Muzik_Lover
Jan 30, 2016
The movie was really weird, but is worth watching. I didn't enjoy the movie that much, but it's not quite bad and the acting is pretty great actually.

I did not expect Fluke Pongsatorn to act the way he did in the movie because of the shyness and innocence he exerted in My Bromance. My Bromance really painted the mental image of an innocent Pongsatorn and that was what I imagined his attitude to be the whole time watching this movie, but sadly it wasn't.

Overall, I don't find myself watching this movie again. It had some sad parts, but for 5 minutes of the whole movie. In comparison to My Bromance; I rather re-watch My Bromance over Red Wine in the Dark Knight.

Pincolino
Aug 24, 2017
Disturbing and bad.
Horror? I'm in for it! Gay? Yeah, bring it on! Thriller or whatever? Perfect.
But what I got was disturbing to watch, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. You know, there are detestable stories that are good, so I don't give a bad rating just becaue I don't like it. But this story wasn't smart either. I felt empty and disgusted after finishing it. Do yourself a favor and skip this one.
JenaSmith
Aug 6, 2016
For starters this movie was really weird, but it's a good weird. Though I was angry at Wine the entire time (watch it a you will know why) and his smile bothers me for some reason. It's just really creepy to me.

The whole time I constantly wanted to smack Wine for *spoiler* playing 3 guys and *another spoiler* tying Tee and Boy up for blood.

And know for the ending. The ending is confusing and I have a few things on what the ending actually was. Either Wine actually died in jail because Tee was a snitch and told (I don't blame him) the police and friends what actually happened to him. At the end when Night said "You've been holding that for a long time" (something like that) and Wine said "I hope it would bring you back to me." (Close enough to what he said) so knowing he said that I think Night never actually came back yet because Wine was holding the guitar hoping it would bring Night back to him, but I don't actually know the ending is confusing like I said.

Overall it's a good movie is you actually think about the situation Wine was in. Wine didn't want Night to die, but he did take it too far to get blood.

_DongMei_
Nov 28, 2017
I did not vote much for music, because I kept the sound off the whole time. My bad.

When I first started this show I expected some BL that would wow me, something I would want to rewatch. But what I got wasn't exactly that. There are some slight sex scenes, which i'm usually okay with, but they were just too much for me. It wasn't the fact that they were having sex, but the fact that the main character did it with multiple people.
Also, one of the characters threw me off. He grossed me out. Boy, a man who is most likely way older than Wine, confessed his love and ended up having sex. This was probably the part that made me dislike it the most.
Another thing that made me rate it lower than it could've been was how creepy Wine was acting when he retrieved blood for Night. I won't say how he was being creepy, for the people who haven't read it yet, but it was too much for me.
Wine smiling all the time was weird also.
I didn't like the guy who recognized Night, because it messed up the ship, but that was the least of my worries when I watched this show.

Other than those few setbacks, the story was really good. The writing had a lot of potential, and the acting was good too. If the parts I did not like were replaced with softer versions (or taken out and replaced entirely)  it might've been better, but that is my opinion. This show is not for people with weak hearts, like me. It is for those who enjoy hot, bloody, violence filled, and creepy shows. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone starting BL or still in their beginning stages.

Then again, I did not finish this show. I was unable to finish, even though I got till a little more than twenty minutes were left, because I ran out of time and the bad parts were too much for me.

Silver_Sylphy
Nov 9, 2016
It was different. Different good.
While the theme is vampire it is more of a thriller than drama.
The originality of the story has to be the main selling point. Usually these stories do not develop in this fashion.
The story is very followable and flows from start to finish.
The only thing that needed improvement is a little more development of the Night character.
Overall an enjoyable, strange story.
Red Loser
Jul 1, 2017
So, low key I wasn't really expecting what I got when I actually watched this. I HIGH key wish there kinda was a bit of a warning beforehand (But that could have been me just not looking into it) about the torture aspect of the movie. I'm not sure how much I personally liked the story, but the characters themselves is what made it worth watching, (Ironically my favourite character is still and will forever be Tee). It's kinda got a Death Note-y feel in the sense of how your supposed to feel about certain characters. I would definitely be careful if blood/torture/psychotic tendencies make you uncomfortable, but if not, go for it~

TheLittleChampion
Apr 14, 2016
Well I didn't know this was about vampires, but when I found out while watching... I WAS SO HAPPY. Honestly, the story itself is not bad and actually quite cute in my opinion, I just don't recommend it if you don't like a twisted kind of love. It's definitely a thriller, so if you don't like those you should probably stay away from this one. But hey, if you like your stories a bit more exciting and more fantasy-like (just like me) then this one's for you!
TianQi
Jan 26, 2017
I really liked this movie and it's definitely one of my favourites. The acting was on point, the scenes were shot well and the love scenes were real and intense. There is a fair amount of violence and it does pretty dark, so if that isn't your thing, I wouldn't recommend the watch. It seems a lot of people get uncomfortable with the lack of "closure" at the end. To me, the movie's ending made sense and I don't think a movie is ruined because you're made to think a how the story would continue instead of only thinking about how good what you already saw was. Think Twilight, but gay and darker.