Fall In Love Like A Star

• Movie: Fall In Love Like A Star
  • Country: China
  • Release Date: Dec 3, 2015
  • Duration: 1 hr. 38 min.
  • Genres: Comedy, Romance, Life
  • Rating: Not Yet Rated

Mistborn
Mar 6, 2018
A simple and cute story, if you are looking for a complex story this is not the right movie, but if you are tired of a huge drama and tragedy this is the right movie to see if you want a light story.
Just as the simple story, the acting is not anything mind blowing, but the actors really fit well is the romance and funny situations. Also Yang Mi and Li Yi Feng appeared together in Swords of Legends and it´s great to see them together again.
I also never get tired of the Li Yi Feng song Please contact me
Skiarian
Feb 14, 2016
Happy Valentine's Day MDL! Here is my gift to you all!

Story
Valentine's Day and its lovey-dovey atmosphere really suits this movie to a T. The story was meant to be a cliché from the beginning with its separated and reunited lovers trope. As the story is nothing special, the script writers did what they could to spice things up. I do like how they made it closer to real life by not including a real villain girl or guy, letting time be the only obstructive construct.

Acting/Cast
This is hands-down a great cast. The passion conveyed through the main couple is amazing. I have no complaints about the main characters are seasoned actors who both did a great job. There were some side characters that had potential for development, namely the production manager as the first one who knew the couple's secret and the girl's rival agent. The agent may have been slated as a villain but later removed to the half-baked persona she was in the movie. She could have potentially been more if it wasn't a movie.

Music
Music was a solid pillar in this movie, deserving of its solid 7. I believe the music was great, not the crap pop like I expected, but rather soothing and ballad-like. This is a brand of Jay Chou who revolutionized the Chinese pop industry into being less pop. Although Li Yifeng was a successful star in the movie, he did not sing. He would have been talent less if not for his mad piano skills, which contribute to the not quite pop atmosphere.
Speaking of not pop genres, the blues and jazz make an appearance here. Talk about multicultural!

Rewatch Value
I think I've seen too much Li Yifeng this season. This movie is definitely a chick flick and I probably will not be watching this again until the next Valentine's Day.

Background/Setting (extra)
What the production did with the setting was amazing. They showcased the better parts of Shanghai with snippets throughout the movie. It was a shame that they did not film on the hot air balloon, but rather opting for distance shots.

Suzy Yarashi
Oct 23, 2018
So this drama as a very basic story and if you are fan of one of the leads you should watch. The film is very plain, but have nice edition and the light and acting was real great.
The couple of actors portrait very well the love relationship as, they dreams.
I must say the being is a little bit slow but after sometime it is good
If you have time, and want some good movie with a simple story check this .

Ah i most forget the main lead was real good love him, i wasnt expect too much

Cambear
Jan 8, 2019
Childhood sweethearts, second chances these are favorite tropes which this uses well for a cute rom com.

Although it’s contempary, it’s a bit of a fantasy about life as a superstar and the luxury life. Not totally realistic, but this is a rom com and not a documentary. Just focus on the love-hate-love romance which is well executed by capable actors. Additionally, there’s a young Dilraba who demonstrates she started her schtick early and has refined it in recent years.

So this is a sweet rom com that’s fluffy and fun.
coolcancerian
Oct 6, 2016
This is a sweet , simple & funny movie ....there is nothing dramatic
I loved the lead actors ..esp the guy is quite funny
Good movie to watch with frnds in the evening ...chick flick this is ..I enjoyed a lot :)