One More Time (2016) poster

Aria
Mar 15, 2017
Story: After reading the summary, you might think that this is just another cliche love story; and it is. There are many movies and TV shows that deal with romance with a supernatural element. It's been done before, many times, but this drama is much different from what you'd expect. I didn't expect much depth within the plot, but there was. There was so much emotion that as a person who never cries, I got a bit teary eyed at the ending. The first few episodes were great, I found it quite interesting to see Tak run around like that and trying to deal with what was happening. It gets a bit boring for an episode or 2 there, but then it picks right back up again and really starts to get serious as it's then starts to focus on the relationship between the two leads. This mini series shows not a light hearted romance, but a great love story with a good lesson learned, which I enjoyed to see. A bad ending usually ruins good shows for me, but there was none of that. I was completely satisfied with the ending, which can be hard to come by. It ended happily and there were no loose ends. To clear one thing up though, one other review said that the plot was confusing, but in my opinion, it was quite easy to follow along if you really pay attention. The show is more complex than it seems.

Acting/Cast: The acting done by the cast was better than I've seen in most dramas. To say it was good is an understatement, there was such genuine emotion in each scene and it all felt very real. L and Yoon So Hee did such a great job with their characters and their relationship. The only thing that actually bugged me was about Taks character. At first, I really wasn't into Tak. I wasn't sure how he could turn into a complete jerk, even through such stress. It did frustrate me, but it was nice to see an imperfect character get knocked back to his senses.

Music: I'm really not trying to overdo this review with more compliments than it deserves, but the OST in this mini series was so note worthy. The soundtrack was so great to listen to, and it fit the band and the vibe of the show very well. I especially liked the last song, One More Time, I felt that song was absolutely perfect to finish the drama off.

Re-watch Value: I don't re-watch dramas a lot, especially ones with complex stories. I'd rather re-watch shows where all you have to do is laugh and smile. As good as this was, I might just save it as a memory, I don't think I'll re-watch it all by myself. With a friend however, I can totally do that.

Overall: I wanted to give this drama a 9.5 for how I felt about it after just watching it, but after some thinking, I gave it a 9 for everything I said above. With the ratings and the other review, you might think on skipping this one, but I'm here to say that this is a mini series worth watching. It's a 4 hour long ride, so if you feel like it's not you're thing early on, give it a chance to prove itself.

Ace
Jul 19, 2017
STORY
From first impressions, this drama may seem like a very light-hearted love story between 2 youths. However, as each episode unfolds, you realize how much depth this story surprisingly has. The story itself has does have some repetitions - at first, it seemed like bad editing, but as you continue, you will soon realize more and more, that the story was made this way on purpose to send the right message. I was very surprised of how a simple on-the-surface plot can be transformed into a feels-train with its hidden complexity. Needless to say, this is a must-watch imo

CHARACTERS / ACTING
This drama really only focuses on one character - Yoo Tak, which at first seemed like a generic character.. and he actually is. As someone who enjoys music, Yoo Tak is very relatable and you will see how he makes mistakes not just for the sake of drama. Among L's work, this is definitely one of the better roles he does done. The lead actress also did very well on her character.

MUSIC
The music in this mini-series is absolutely mesmerizing! There are a few scenes in this drama where nothing is actually presented visually - but the music coupled the situation so well that it was actually driving the story and gave it life and meaning. Particularly, there's a light guitar track with some vocals that really enhanced the experience.

Tine-chan
Mar 26, 2019
Oh my...I have to sort my Feelings out first ^^
So I started watching this drama...and thought it was very boring (wait for it!). And if I'm bored of a drama I either way take a break and watch a different drama inbetween or just drop it. But even thought I thought this drama was boring I couldn't stop watching it. And every time after an episode I found myself clicking the "next Ep." button xD I don't know why or what kept me watching...I just couldn't stop.

I'd like to devide the Drama in two parts: The first 4 episodes and the last 4 episodes.
Then let's begin: (I think I have a light spoiler in this review)

STORY
Like I said, I found the first episodes rather boring. The Story was good - awesome actually...but it kinda bored me how the same day was repeated constantly. Mostly also the same actions everyday. But still..I couldn't stop watching it. I really liked the plot. And the plot twist. The second half of the Drama was lit!!! I suddenly knew why I couldn't stop watching! Because I needed to see the second part. I loved it.

CHARACTERS
So the first few episodes I couldn't understand why Main Boy was even together with Main Girl. I just thought "So what? Just break up already" xD Because I just found the Main Girl so slow and boring. Of Course I understand why she was like that (because of her background etc.) but it made her seem very boring at the beginning. Only in the second half of the Drama I grow feelings on her. She wasn't a boring character for me anymore. Only then we got to know more about her background...and after that came the beautiful twist!

I liked main Boy from the beginning. But he wasn't that deep of an character I assumed him to be after the first episodes. He was a good cheerful guy, who was fet up with everything someday.Nothing to speacial.

What I loved here was the Grim Reaper. Of Course Nothing can top the sexy Grim Reaper in "Black", but i really loved that in this Drama the Grim Reaper was a Little Girl. I loved it! It gave the whole Drama a mysteric aura and way more Deep (in my opinion.)

ACTING
The acting was very good of all of them!

MUSIC
I really liked the music! There were the songs, Main Boy was singing, which I really loved, specially the last one. And then there were the OSTs, which I loved too. I don't know the names Right now but there was a song at the last few episodes sung by a woman. It was so beautiful, yet a bit creepy and it matched perfectly with the Drama!

ENDING (!!!!!Major Spoiler!!!!!)
I'm actually a fan of happy endings. I was sooo afrad of a sad ending. I know there are some Dramas, where a sad ending is more fitting. But this wasn't one of them. I couldn't understand the ending. The rule was, that if their love ended, she will die. But actually the love didn't end. He just had some problems and couldn't see clear but later knew he loved her. So they didn't fall out of love since he loved her at the end....wouldn't the Grim Reapers contract be invalid? Or is it counted as -falling out of love and then falling in love again-? But I kinda doubt that. Well I was satisfied with the end. At least they met each other again and because of the Tension and the Long eye contact at the end I assume they would end with each other again. Especially since they say in voiceover "Miracle" etc... what really annoyed me was the fact that she had a boyfriend at the end (before Meeting main Boy again). I hate that. Why?? But doesn't matter. It didn't look too good for them and she can Always break up! So for me, who Always sees the positive, it was a good ending. For me it looked like they would be back together again. Althought it was kinda stupid because she shouldn't have died in the first place since the cantract is very fishy xD
(SPOILER END)

ALL IN ALL
I loved it! My Feelings just overflowed at the end. The last episodes were awesome! I really liked the Drama and it was short so it was ok. You don't Need to skip anything. It is also rewatchable! FEELINGS <3

Watch it! Enjoy!

Neel1902
Oct 22, 2018

Ending explained in my Point of view

A really different drama where the usual cliches doesn't give you similar vibes. A MUST WATCH!!
It has its own story to tell - Love is all about your efforts, even efforts fail sometimes and so love can end too.

Yoo Tak seems like a jerk in first 2 episodes, but then before you realise you start to empathize with him as he gets desperate and helpless while trying to save his girlfriend. The same day repeats yet it is not the same as Yoo tak is also not the same. He tries everything in his might to keep her alive but gets failed everytime until the last episode which makes this drama more unique.

Its like an another loop is formed in the loop.1st loop is Da In would die when Tak's love for her will be over, but at the same time he should become happy. But he doesn't become happy and the same day repeats. In the last episode, he was happy while dying with her so the day should not repeat itself again. But another loop gets created coz Tak was so much in love with her that he was ready to die with her. so Da In should not die.
It created dilemma for Reaper girl so she changed their fate.
It is an open ending whether they would end up together or live separate lives. The hint was in the last song - "we have to walk our own paths."

really loved the acting of both L and Yoon so hee. Both make their chemistry perfect for the plot. I wish to see them again as a lead pair. (Though they acted again in Emperor of the mask, they weren't a pair.)

Songs are really amazing - music and lyrics too. I can hear them on repeat whole week.

I had watched only 3 episodes and kept this drama on hold for almost a year. I am really glad I gave this drama a second chance. Really worth it. Don't make the starting episodes hesitate you.

HealerDoge
Jun 28, 2017
People can argue whether or not this drama is a cliche love story. In my opinion, it is. HOWEVER, I will have to say that watching this very touching story, was like a fresh breath to the face.

So, what do I mean by that?
I mean you skip the whole shebang of the two main leads meeting, possibly hating each other before falling in the end. It has none of that. It skips the dull part and jumps into the important part. Also, of all the romance dramas I've watched, I think this is the most un-cheesy in my collection. The romantic moments where they do say cheesy stuff didn't feel cheesy to me at all.

It was highly enjoyable to watch. Normally, this genre can be easy-to-watch and lighthearted, and some may disagree when I say it wasn't lighthearted at all. The drama had very dark themes ranging from a tough time in high school, battling for your own survival while dealing with the thought of death and learning to appreciate even the dullest/most common moments in life. It had multiple deep meanings and it portrayed them beautifully.

So, should you watch this? Normally when reviewing I leave a few pointers at the end for you to see whether or not this drama is worth your time, this is no exception.

You'll like this if:
- You like a touching romance with a realistic view on love (doesn't sugar-coat it).
- You don't mind the musical themes. (It's was a plus in my book)
- A mature relationship that doesn't need "small accidents" like falling/tripping into your significant other's arms or cheesiness to work.
- You want to see a drama that skips the falling-in-love part.
- Likes to see a good, well worked-out character development in both leads.
- Want to watch something short --> Only has 8 x 30 minutes episodes.
- Great acting.

Amy
Jun 30, 2018
As a preface, I do think it's appropriate to say that I finished this drama in one day. Let me explain why:

The story centers around the relationship between Tak and Da In and how far their love really goes. As Tak relives the same day over and over, he realizes that Da In is at the epicenter of it. Although it does have its cliches, the story impacts your heart strings on how Tak truly opens his eyes to the girl in front of him. It portrays their love as a rocky rollercoaster that finds its end, in it's own twist and turns. It brings along flashbacks that show how they first met and how their love slowly blossomed, which I believe added to the ending of the story, one that I was surely not expecting. Love and heartbreak are a destined pair for this romance, and its something you don't want to miss in a way.

NOTE: you will cry, at least I did.

The acting, oh the acting. I've known L as a member of INFINITE and an amazing actor - he didn't disappoint me here either. He portrays Tak so perfectly in every way while executing the emotion of the character with precision. I also can't forget Yoon So Hee who plays Da In. She does have moments (for me) where her acting is kind of bland and basic but then she slaps me back in the face with spectacular acting. The role of Da In and Yoo Tak surely wouldn't be the same without these two, that's for sure.

I'm not really a indie or rock person but boy did this drama turn me right around. The soundtrack per say is filled with amazing songs that I will be listening on repeat (as I ugly cry) for a while. L has a blessed voice and its a blessed part of this drama that he plays the lead singer of the band.

As for rewatch value, I always say "I don't usually watch dramas again but this drama-" but I actually am not kidding with this one. It's got this spark that drew me to it (as I hope it will to you) that just wants to replay in my head no matter what I do. So yes, this is personally a drama that I would gladly rewatch.

To end this review, like I do with all of my reviews, I encourage you to watch the drama yourself.

JessicaMDawn
Mar 10, 2018
My brother-in-law told me about this drama, and I was really confused about how something that was basically the movie Groundhog Day could have an entire series. I watched this on Netflix and all it told me was that this guy gets caught up in a time loop. It is so much more than that and I actually feel like even the MyDramaList summary sells this show a bit short.

Yoo Tak is such a jerk at the beginning - disillusioned with life and empty inside, and taking it out on everyone around him. And this show takes him, and the viewers, on a rollercoaster of a ride. The depth to this show is astounding. It starts out pretty light, with Yoo Tak doing what most people say they'd do in this kind of situation and living it up, but the longer the show goes on the more it pulls at your heart and makes you care So Much for the characters. This show is an emotional tidal wave. The lessons Yoo Tak learns are so hard but so vital and I loved every moment of watching him learn them.

The acting is phenomenal as well. Like wow. L displays the spectrum of emotions, from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows; love, depression, grief, regret, happiness, optimism, hope, hopelessness, anger, acceptance, and all the chaotic shades that blend them together. And Yoon So Hee portrays Da In in such a realistic way. I never doubted the way these two felt, about life or about each other.

As a show about an Indie band, you can expect that the OST for the show is pretty great, and it really is. Music is used wonderfully in this. It never threw me out of the plot or cringe because it didn't fit. It doesn't drown out what's happening in the show or fade to the background.

I went into this show confused and not expecting much, and came out the other side listing it as one of my favorite kdramas and recommending it to anyone I know who watches kdramas (or might, with enough persuasion, watch them).

JenaSmith
Mar 31, 2019
First let me say that I decided to watch this as the episodes are short and there’s only 8 of them. Let’s begin on my thoughts of the first episode. It was basically a cliche that I swear I’ve seen multiple times in a show with a guy wanting to accomplish his dreams and have to let a girl go only to have the day repeat over. With the first episode I already don’t like the main character which I’m sure everyone would be as he’s a complete asshole to everyone. Basically what I’m saying is I already don’t like the show, based on the first episode. At this point I can already see how this shows gonna end based on the first episode. Right now I’m not impressed. Also some of the perspectives on the camera work really bother me and seem unnecessary.
Final thoughts after finishing the drama. The show got better overtime and turned out to be something different than what I expected, but the last episode soiled it for me. It made no sense as it moved onto the next day and she was still alive, but everything was different. Why would that grim reaper literally make them go through all that just to be like ya know what she lives onto the next day, but y’all don’t know each other and have to meet again. It defeated the whole purpose of the show. He went through all that trouble and the ending was like that. I don’t understand why they whole show was like “you can’t save her it’s her fate” for the last episode to be a slap in the face. I recommend to stop watching when they jump from the bunggy cord in the last episode. It’s more satisfying to stop their then finish the last episode.

gwenp29
May 20, 2017
I cried through almost all the episodes. This drama reminds me of an American movie I watched a long time ago. It's called "If Only".

THE STORY
I don't even know how to describe it without spoiling the show. After reading the comments, I thought the ending would be bad but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. In the beginning, it seems like it's the same as every time slip drama you've seen before. But they actually made changes to make it unique in it's own. way.

THE ACTING
I liked all the characters. I love L. I agree with the comment that he needs to be in more dramas where he is the main lead. The girl is pretty good too. The little girl, who plays angel demon, I love her. She's so cute. Of course, Kang Nam Gil, I love it when he plays the lovable dad.

THE MUSIC
I love the OST. I can listen to it over and over. Infinite is one of my favorite bands and Myungsoo aka L is my first bias in the group.

REWATCH VALUE
I can definitely see myself re-watching this. Even though I cried multiple times, I think the story is short enough that I can revisit it later on.

OVERALL
I gave it a 9 because I didn't feel like it's the best drama I've seen. If you're not ready to commit to a regular long drama, then I definitely recommend watching this. It's short and sweet.

Sarah
Apr 21, 2019
HIGHLIGHTS: This is a very interesting drama that will bring tears to your eyes and tug at your heartstrings. If you're looking for a drama that will give you the feels and bring a smile to your face, then you should give this drama a chance.

STORY: I really liked the plot of the drama overall. It reminded me of movies I've seen before and liked, like "Groundhog's Day," "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," and "Your Name," but with a little more fantasy involved (and a slightly lower budget). Time-traveling stories are usually interesting, funny, and heart-wrenching, and this drama is no exception. While the summary of the plot makes it seem really cliche, it's actually not. Without giving anything away, it's not so much of a story about a guy trying to get his girlfriend back so much as it is about a guy realizing what's really important in life and trying to redeem himself and correct the mistakes he's made, even though he knows it's already too late and some things just can't be undone. However, while I gave the story a 9 because I really like the idea of it, I should add that there are some major plot-holes and some extremely poor decisions that were made on the writers' part. This drama has a lot of potential to be a great drama (better than it already is), but the plot errors really hold it back from realizing its full potential. Since it's a short drama, the writers should have spent more time focusing on character development rather than tossing in all of this unnecessary fantasy stuff towards the end that doesn't really make sense and isn't necessary for understanding/appreciating the story. The ending is also ambiguous and was poorly written/clearly not very well thought out, in my opinion, despite ending on a happy-ish note. It's a drama that's still worth watching, though, despite its flaws.

CHARACTERS/ACTING: I'm a huge fan of Kim Myung-soo (L), so I'm a little biased, but I honestly thought he did a really good job in this drama (better than he's done in earlier dramas he acted in). I enjoyed watching L's character, Yoo Tak, undergo a transformation throughout the series, and watching him and his relationship with his girlfriend, Da In, really makes you think about your own life and time and the decisions that we all make and the consequences of those decisions. Yoo Tak's personality changes drastically throughout the series, and L does a good job capturing all of the character's ups and downs and a whole range of emotions. I, however, was not super impressed with Yoon So Hee's acting. She's an okay actress--she has some pretty weak acting moments in this drama, but also some occasionally strong ones as well. She's definitely not lead actress material, though, so it would have been nice to see a better pairing for the lead actors in this drama, but their acting was still moving nonetheless. I cried a lot and felt very moved by both of their performances regardless, though. If you're an L fan, then you will not be disappointed.

MUSIC: The music is pretty good in this drama, which is always a plus. It will definitely draw you in and give you the feels. L is a great singer, and the song choice for this drama was spot-on.

REWATCH VALUE: I have already rewatched parts of this drama several times. While I probably wouldn't rewatch the whole series from beginning to end again, there are a lot of touching/heart-wrenching/heartwarming scenes in this drama that you will definitely want to rewatch.

OVERALL: Overall, this is a drama that's definitely worth watching. While it has its flaws, it's still a very touching and interesting story and it's a drama that will make you think and gives you things to reflect upon. Even though some people have a lot of negative things to say about it, don't let that dissuade you from watching it--it will be 4 hours that are well worth your time.

reallyrachel
Mar 4, 2019
This drama did not keep me on the edge of my seat. I was confused but not in the way you’re typically confused. I was asking what is going on because nothing added up, even after it had been explained. It was annoying. The main lead becomes unlikeable (then likeable again), but the female lead becomes annoying and never becomes likeable again. There are many flashbacks that make it difficult to follow. But the plot itself is very interesting. I wish they would have done something a little diff with it. Okay but the music was FIRE. Many of the songs have been added to my playlist. The acting was pretty good, I guess it was just the storyline that lost my interest. I’ve seen many that really liked it, in my opinion it is missable.

EarlGayTea
Jun 19, 2017
This little drama was cute and heartbreaking. I swear I cried for the entirety of episodes 4-8.

I loved seeing the story from both characters perspectives. I really enjoyed watching Yoo Tak's character development. It's amazing how much they were able to show in such short episodes.

The storyline was super interesting as well. I definitely wasn't expecting anything that happened. I won't say anything more so there's not spoilers. But there was no predicting this drama honestly.

What did fall a little short was L's acting. He's definitely gotten better but it was still a little hammed up. Especially in the first two episodes. I just didn't find it very believable.

I also think episode 3 dragged a little bit story wise. It almost made me drop the drama. For a drama with a very short episode length and not a lot of episodes. It felt like they were wasting times and being a little too repetitive. But episode 4 and the rest of the drama definitely made getting past that worth it.

Overall, this was a cute, quick, and heartbreaking watch with a deliciously open ended final episode.