The Fairy Fox

KainGuru
Mar 28, 2017
STORY: A fantasy about a reincarnated guy, Xiao Mo, with no memory of his past living in the modern-day who has a spiritual guardian Lu Bai (a fairy fox) protecting him because in Xiao Mo's past life, he sacrificed himself to save Lu Bai. Xiao Mo is now a dork that bumbles through life at the mercy of his sister and his friends who are always looking out for him. Being the first season, it's slow in parts as the story is being established. There is some fan service but no real BL to speak of.

NOTE: The official YouTube channel does not have subtitles and blocked Fruitylads's posts. Try Google. Also, these episodes average 25 minutes with a staggering 5.5 minutes of opening/closing credits!

ACTING/CAST: The ENTIRE cast are all very HOT! You will see a scene where Lu Bai does Cosplay; I am at a loss for words to explain how amazing he looks. There's so much good chemistry here, especially between Xiao Mo and Lu Bai. The cast are young and inexperienced, and it shows.

MUSIC: I like the main theme and the credits and there's some good background music, like the haunting piano melody when something bad is happening.

REWATCH VALUE: Yes. Already have. I simply love the story and concept even if all the BL was cut out of it.

OVERALL: I love fantasy but wish there was more focus on a bromance instead of just fan service. Watch the prequel movies too.

KumaAra
Jun 10, 2017
This story has attempted rape that no one seems bothered about. A VERY offensive "gay" character that often dresses up as a woman and is just disturbingly ridiculous. And there's basically no fan service at all.

Don't waste your time. Most of the episodes are just kids going to college. You'll go 3 or 4 episodes with almost no mention of the fantasy side or seeing any fan service.

The only thing about this show is there's two or three attractive actors. THAT'S IT. You could easily watch anything else and get more fan service, less rape, less offensive stereotypes, and better production quality.

RisefromBlackAshes
Jul 3, 2017
I've never been so disappointed in drama in like... ever. I was looking forward to this drama for 6+ months (it was suppose to come out in 2016), waited for the whole series (minus episode 21 for some reason) to get subbed and binged the whole series and three days... Not worth the time or effort.

Story: There is some thinly veiled, fairy foxes enter the human world pretending to be college students and bad stuff happens 'cause humans and fairy foxes don't mix. It was boring, with romance, supposed BL (Boy's Love), and fantasy thrown together with newbie actors, a shitty plot, and lots of eye candy. It wasn't a good mix if you're looking for quality. I only completed it since I was looking for the supposed BL to find none aside from two incidents in episode 1 and 2. That's it. If you're looking for BL this isn't it. There is no satisfaction in the ending either since it's abrupt and terribly scripted.

Acting: As everyone in the cast's first roles, as expected; it was bad. Xiao Mo is a hopeless protagonist, and he never develops at all. There's nothing there for you to want to support him with aside from "he's a cute lost puppy!", and that gets boring after episode 3. Rongrong was annoying, unsupportive and treats everyone like dirt. And she's suppose to be the protagonist's sister.

Side characters Chen Ruyue (Xia Wei Yu), and Gu han (Zhou Heng Yuan) and Shen Yan (Wang Yan Bin) actually develop more as people then the protagonist and his sister. Ruyue for how annoying she acts due to Rongrong being a shitty friend, actually sticks to her guns and is stable. Gu Han, for as much as you'll hate him by default, develops well as his character suggests, and you might even feel sorry for him in the end. Shen Yan doesn't do much but serve as eye-candy and friend but his acting was solid enough.

Now Lu Bai and Lu Yin (Kong Qi Li) acting; these two were the saving grace for acting and I am looking forward to their future's. Due to their roles as protagonists, they actually develop and flesh out as characters in a (mostly) relatable way. You see marked development in character, even though the physical interactions are somewhat awkward. Lu Bai's awkward smile is endearing, even though awkward. Lu Yin's character doesn't allow for too much bromance, but his voice and concern express it well.

There's annoying long intro and exit scenes (4 minutes of credits with no next episode preiews?!), and the music was unremarkable.I rarely re-watch dramas, but I wouldn't touch this one again with a 10-foot pole. A combo of inexperienced actors, a terrible script, mis-marketing for BL lovers, and no plot; not a drama I recommend. There's loads of other Fairy Fox dramas out their, spend your time on those not this.

Aki
May 23, 2017
This series was so horrible it was good! I had such an amazing time watching this!
The script and the acting is really bad, the filming and editing was poor, but that's what made this experience great! I was really confused under the entire series and all the guys had the same hairdo! But it was great! Worth watching if you're into movies and shows like "The Room" . This was pure.
zary11278
Apr 11, 2019
well there is a lot to say about this drama, this drama though tagged a bl drama does not actually shows any moments of romance or flirtation between the main characters can you believe it, until the episode ten the main characters rarely even talk to each other, let alone to show any love interest making me wonder where is the bl i was promised. the whole directing of this series was so bad effecting the whole thing, creating the bad filming and actors showing inappropriate reactions at the scenes, combined with really nonsense story, making the story more cringe-able. At Ep fifteen i was wondering shall i drop it or not but still hope for it getting better at the next seven episodes kept me going but when i got to episode twenty i was happy it was coming to an end since it was getting worst and worst and what as with the ending, it was the peak for the whole weirdness surrounding the last episodes. All by all it was not worth my time and the internet balance i used to watch it but what i can say in the end is that you have to decide on your own to watch it or not.