Clean With Passion For Now (2018) poster

Minarii
Feb 4, 2019
Okay, I’ll be honest here. I loved Clean With Passion For Now and I was ready to give you many reasons why you should watch it. But that was until episode 13. After the 13th episode, I came to realize that this drama was nothing but a waste of time with some fluttering moments here and there.

The best thing about CWPFN was the chemistry between the main leads. We had the best kiss scenes we could get. This is an unpopular opinion actually, but I like the main leads together. Yes, It was obvious that Yoo Jung was younger than Gyun Sang (and the fact that he is that huge does not help) but still, I think they suit each other.

But let me start with the negative things now. First, Yoo Jung’s character – Oh Sol. She was quite dumb in my opinion. I don’t know if she was poorly written or the writer wanted her to be like that for real. In any case, she wasn’t a likable female lead. She cried a lot and it was always her fault somehow. She always did something more or less wrong, and then feel bad about it. She was weak, but anyways, we are all like that sometimes.

Now, the plot… There’s not much about it though. The drama had a funny and sweet start, but couldn’t live up to its potential. There were too many useless things happening, too many pointless and boring characters appearing without leaving any impression on me. Clean With Passion For Now it’s that type of show in which you have to wait ages for the two mains (who obviously like each other) to confess their feelings and start a relationship. The second lead guy was sweet, but I didn't suffer from sls (gyun sang is the main lead, khm). But seriously, there were too many clichés and too much drama. Don't get me wrong, conflicts between the characters are what helps a drama develop, but in CWPFN they were kind of very poinltess and out of place. There were some ridiculous moments that made me laugh, but if you are really looking for a good comedy, then... this is not it.

The mysophobia is more like a subplot, I was intereted in it at the beginning... kind of. I don't know how realistic it was though, I'm not familiar enough with it so I can't say.

The acting was okay, I guess. I will always love Gyun Sang and the way he portrays his characters and I do love his chubby cheeks here. (I was really angry when I saw so many negative comments about his appearance). Kim Yoo Jung also did a good job.

The OST is what I loved the most! Give 'Cosmos' by Huh Gak a listen, you won't regret it!

So overall, I'm quite disappointed, I guess I expected too much. Clean With Passion For Now has a sweet romance, but nothing more. It's very drop-wrothy and you might want to skip a lot of scenes if you don't want to get bored. I don't really recommend it, but if you have nothing to watch, you can give it a try and see for yourself. At least it will make your heart flutter, at least once.

Kannadin
Feb 5, 2019
I'm only commenting about the drama, never read the manhwa.

Story: 5

Nothing new under the sun. We get the usual tropes that I've seen in most K rom-com I've seen for the past 14 years but unfortunately it's very badly handled.
The pace is all over the place. Some characters are underused. The classic separation of the leads has absolutely no believable ground whatsoever and its resolution is basically this "it's the 16th episode, you've suffered enough so you can be together" without any explanation. It is very unsatisfactory especially since we have a classic 2 year gap in which the lead guy resolves his issues without us knowing HOW ... which is a wonder given how much time was given to show how much his life has been destroyed by his phobia.
As for our CEO's mysophobia, it would have been great to see him heal gradually such as in "Kill me, Heal me" instead of basically Oh Sol being his walking drug and him reverting back to his old self as soon as he can't be with her and him being healed out of our view.
Oh Sol's reasons for not being with Seon Gyeol are ridiculous... and ridiculously resolved... As for Choi Ha In's reasons to be in love with Oh Sol and sticking with her appear very very thin. It feels like a forced love triangle that has absolutely no purpose whatsoever. Song Jae Rim is cruelly underused to the point that I wondered why his character has been introduced in the first place.
The first half of the drama is pretty enjoyable but the second half is a drag and ultimately becomes boring.

Acting/Cast: 8

Good job from the whole cast particularly the leads who have great chemistry.

Music: 9.5

Great light hearted OST to listen to when you're feeling down.

Rewatch: 3

Frankly can't recommend this though if I really want to watch something predictable and cute without being too invested that would be the right choice.

Overall: 6.5

Watch it for the fluff if you're in the mood for a show solely focused on the leads and which is sweeter than honey. As long as your brain is turned off, it is actually a pretty enjoyable show in the first half in spite of the second half and its undeserved and useless angst being overly long. Kim Yoo Jung and Yoon Gyung Sang are stellar and I hung onto the show for their cute chemistry though some scenes felt overacted.
I wouldn't recommend it though I'd argue that at least its way better than overly hyped "What's Wrong with Secretary Kim."

Trish Mish
Feb 5, 2019
The drama that put me through emotional distress has finally come to an end ????.
{Who's crying with me?Come on y'all grab the tissue ????}

Such a sweet, fun and beautiful drama with lot's of laughter and a bit of sadness at times.
Having faith,patience, hope and courage are some of the few attributes that I can take away from this drama.

I'm very much satisfied with how this drama turned out, some say it was to boring for them and was only looking forward to the kissing scenes but I think otherwise. It was wonderful, the drama was full of laughter and excitement (which of course if I'm having a bad day I'll rewatch a few episodes that will help brighten my day) with meaningful messages each episode.

The actors executed their characters/roles exceptionally well, the kiss ???? scenes were... well it was... actually... guys you'll have to see to understand my "speechlessness".

Sixteen (16) episodes, beautifully executed, lovely soundtrack with the song "Cosmos" by Huh Gak being my #1 favorite.

My ratings of 9.5/10. Highly recommended Drama.

ShinMinRin96
Mar 6, 2019
The drama have some typical Korean drama plot stories, but even if they have that typical thing, I really like the cast. They acted really cute and portray in what the writer have in mind in each character. The music is well fitted, and I found a new Korean singer because of them, KLANG!!!! Support her!!! There are some are predictable but the whole cast have great chemistry.

I wouldn't not recommend this drama if you want a completely different plot, but if you want, go ahead!

Lexi
Apr 17, 2019

TRICKERY

Currently, I have 20 minutes left of the last episode and I just really dont want to watch it. So I’m half paying attention while writing this.
When I started watching this, I was into it. For the first while, the characters were entertaining, the interactions were funny and sweet. But then, then, it had to fuck it all up. Gil Oh Sol is the stupidest person I have ever seen in my life. When Seon Gyeol’s grandfather first starts messing with Oh Sol and Oh Dol, it kind of makes sense. She wants to protect her brother and all that jazz. But later on when she decides to break up with Seon Gyeol? No sense. How the hell would any of it be his fault? Her brother and dad straight up said that he killed their mother. That is absolutely ridiculous and anyone with half a brain would know that. He had nothing to do with it at all. Im furious. In addition, Oh Sol goes on this long ass rant to the Chairman about how shes not scared of him and its not her BFs fault and then proceeds to change NOTHING. There is absolutely no legitimate reason for them to break up or for Oh Sol to act so stupid. Honestly, despite all the shit he gets throughout the show, Seon Gyeol is really the only major character Who DIDNT do anything wrong. My throat hurts from screaming so much about it.
I am very grateful for Choi Han In. I didnt have SLS, but he was still a fun character that lightened the mood a lot. I am UPSET that he left.
Overall, the soundtrack is pretty good, but two songs that I hate just kind of overshadow the good ones for me. For example, Gravity by KLANG (particularly the English version) just really rubs me the wrong way. Grinds my gears, if you will. I don't really know how to describe what I hate about it, but every time it played, it ruined the scene for me.
I will never, ever, rewatch this because I cannot mentally handle it. The other one is proving difficult for me to find, but to me it sounded like Owl City and I wasn't living for it.
Its almost midnight, but Im gonna go get Taco Bell and be angry then try to drown my anger in another drama that won’t put me in a rage.

shyni
Feb 7, 2019
I loved this drama and was excited to watch new episodes every week, it was filled with fun scenes, the romance was cute, the couple looked good together and both actors are really attractive, also I liked the 3 cleaning fairies plus o sol's relationship.

I used to like this drama so much that I was sure I going to rewatch it someday, but that changed because I disliked how the story unfolded.

To me it all went downhill when O sol stopped working in the company and started living in Seon kyeol's house. Sure we were blessed with some great kisses and domestic stuff, but to me that was when the plot started becoming nonsensical.

I didn't like Daniel at all, I found him clingy and annoying as all hell not to mention his stalking behavior. I didn't like O sol's rude brother and his attitudes as well as her father.

I even started disliking O sol and not understanding her decision of breaking up with Seon kyeol (not to mention how unoriginal and boring that ''have the couple breakup in the last few episodes'' kdrama trope is) and her attitude towards him, a person who didn't deserve any of it. To me that was the final nail in this drama's coffin. What his selfish grandfather, who physically attacked him as a kid (I also didn't like how the writer seemed to have forgotten that and gave the grandfather a redeeming scene, expecting us to feel sorry for him) and who caused his misophobia, did, wasn't his fault.

The final episode was painful to watch because of how o sol kept rejecting seon kyeol and how her and her father kept blaming and making him guilty of something that wasn't his fault. I didn't like seeing him acting so pitiful around the father and her.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend it or not, sure the ending was a happy one, there's lots of funny scenes and the couple had good chemistry but there's lots of things that prevent me from doing so. I guess you could give it a try if your a fan of any of the actors because everyone did a great job.

ivy
Feb 18, 2019
I'd be lying if I said i didn't put this drama on hold after episode 8.

The story was able to live up to its cute rom-com theme but something about it being too bland or simple bored me and made me put this on hold. It probably was the many irrelevant side characters, or maybe that really slow progress in the leads relationship that annoyed me? I don't really know. I recently just picked up this drama again because I had nothing to watch and ended up being hooked to its cute story again! and guess what? I even cried at the last few episodes because the ending was beautiful! Despite some badly written scenes like that of Dong Hyun (staff of cleaning fairy) and of other side character's, everything was wrapped up and resolved very well in the end! Clean With Passion For Now gave me a number of roller coaster feels.

The drama had a handful of sweet and fluttering moments and the cinematography for those scenes were really nice. What's even better is that there was no complicated evil mother, or stuck up heiress girl to complicate the story and add more drama. The second guy was very cool too and not obsessive possessive like other dramas I know!
But what I really like most in this drama was the lead guy's personality not being arrogant. He has good character being innocent, kind, hard working, earnest, and persistent. The lead guy having mysophobia, his struggle, development from this illness, and his funny antics was just the cherry on top and did a lot to make this drama 10x more interesting!

I really like Yoon Gyun Sang's refreshing acting in this drama and I must say that he did really well portraying his character and was a great romantic lead! Kim Yoo Jung also did well in her role acting wise, and she had good chemistry with Yoon Gyun Sang. However, I must say she isn't ready for a mature role yet. Every time she acts mature I still see her as a teenager and couldn't really take her seriously, so yes the age gap every time they kissed somehow bothered me in a way. I squeal seeing Yoon Gyun Sang kiss so greatly and then in a while I see Kim Yoo Jung I get alarmed that it looks wrong in some way. ><

Finally, I must say, I do not regret putting this drama on hold and picking it up again, because if I forced myself to finish this, I wouldn't have appreciated it the way I did now. I guess this drama is good if you're in the mood to watch something simple, light, and sweet with good actors and great acting. Therefore my overall rating for Clean With Passion For Now is 8/10!

Elendilka
Mar 10, 2019
CWPFN has an interesting story of an unlikely match. At the beginning, it's very interesting to see the story developing. Especially Oh Sol coming into herself and seeing her own value and stand up for her choices. The other characters are built up quite strongly and developing nicely. And it all just comes to a point of stagnation and stays there pretty much to the end. Not to be super harsh about it, I enjoyed this drama. It was precisely what I was I looking for - a feel good romcom that didn't require much attention.

The cast is the strongest point of the drama. I loved the main leads, all three of them. They had great chemistry and it's a joy to watch them. I loved mostly Song Jae Rim, though. His character and performance made the drama for me. Oh Sol's team members were a delight to watch as well and her family and friends, who were also very well cast.

The music is nice, there were some memorable tunes. The first couple of episodes are very funny and it's an easy watch. However, it continues very strangely - some plot points shown at the beginning are severely underdeveloped or not progressing at all. Motives such as Song Kyeol's relationship with his mother remain the same and their conversations happen in cycles about the same things. We never really know more about his childhood or about his nanny and it's very hard to follow his character. Some plot points are just straight up dead ends that could have been utilised and were not, which just makes the last couple of episodes a chore to finish.

One last note - I was quite angry when Song Kyeol came back after two years, being all like: "I just can't see now why I made such a fuss about that clean in the past." Mental illness is not something that you can sweep under the rug after two years of therapy, dear writers.

uUUuUuU
Feb 19, 2019
i finished this drama a few days ago and it's been bothering me so much that i had to write a review. The whole concept of this drama was great, i haven't seen any other drama where the main character has a mysophobia so to me it was very fresh and different. However, the writers obviously did not think of a good climax or turning point for this drama, so it went very cliche after around the 13th episode, so atleast i enjoyed more than half of this drama. I thought i had dejavu, because the last drama i saw was suspicious partner.
TLDR; if u watch this drama till the 13th and then skip to the last 10 minutes of it, it's great lol

Bali
Apr 8, 2019
This is a very good drama with heart wrenching, funny, lovely, and heartwarming moments that does a decent job on bringing up attention about the difficulties of people dealing with OCD affliction and those around them. The actors did a great job bringing their characters to life and the lead couple has great chemistry. The drama could’ve used about two more episodes to avoid the rushed ending and to give the female lead’s character a better transition into the resolution. There is the issue with Jang Sun Gyeol’s biological father that could’ve played nicely if the audience would’ve had, at least, some flashback information. Since melodramatic moments are built upon misunderstandings, this drama chose to use the “let’s hurt the person I love so he/she will leave me” instead of telling the truth and still leave that person if there is no way to fix the situation. Also, Gil Oh Sol could have been given more strength and determination to love Jang Sun Gyeol, but regardless of these, the drama is really nice and the main cast did very well, enjoy it!

Kachiiing
Feb 5, 2019
Pros: the actors and their charm. They sold their characters! The heat of the kissing. Kim Yoo Jung, proving to me she's transitioned to a capable leading lady. Love in the Moonlight had me worried! How this drama focused on cleaning - because cleaning as a profession generally isn't hyped up. I love the cleaning fairy team, and although not deep, we got to see individual aspirations and matters important to them.

Cons: The directing in the first few episodes was perverted. A pointless hot pink underwear gift, with a trunk for penis placement. The female lead grabbing her brother's crotch. Having a tight corset around her waist, pushing her breasts up and out, even if she wore a T. It made me think the director was a pervert, and KYJ was being taken advantage of. Then I figured, she's been in the industry for a while, and to give her credit. I'm sure she'd walk out if she felt being taken advantage of. Thankfully, it died down after first few episodes. I would have given a higher score, if I actually realised what link the Doctor neighbour had with her mum's accident, and what that accident even was? Did a building collapse? So unclear. The Doctor was an instigator for that accident? What?

Overall, I'm happy I finished this, it was an easy watch but it's very average.

Christina Watley
Mar 30, 2019
I know that this may seem ackward coming from someone like me. I actually really enjoy watching the show. I have enjoyed what I have seen so far. I'm rooting for the main leads because I love their chemistry together. I felt like everyone was conspiring against them. Didn't want them to be together. Even though my subtitles weren't on most of the episode for what ever reason, I kept watching. Because I kind of knew where things were going. That is all I have to say for now. Thank you for allowing me to write my review here.