Kiss Me Again (2018) poster

anchorenomore
Jul 22, 2018
Okay, my review of this drama will only be about the BL part. I did not bother watching it for the other couples-(too many and some were annoying), so please keep in mind that it will only reflect some aspect of the drama. I'm sure that the other couples' stories were interesting (not to me), but I could not get into them at all. I tried and gave up and ended up just watching Pete and Kao's relationship.

Onto that part then. If you like BL dramas (I actually like any drama, but lately BLs have been taking over my life) then you will definitely like the way Pete and Kao's relationship evolves. It's the typical "I hate you to then I like you" story line, but it was nice to see. Pete's cockiness and his bad boy attitude wanted me to punch him at times, but he made it up with the way he would look at Kao, not realizing that he was falling for him. I also liked Kao's way of putting himself and his feelings first and making it clear to Pete that he could not play with him and his feelings. It was so refreshing to see a character that put their needs and feelings first in order to protect themselves.

Aside from that, I also liked the way the ex-girlfriend was not made into a villain in the end. She was a bit needed and manipulative, but she also had some moments were you could empathize with her and realize that people are not just bad, they can be good and they can also change for the better.

I still don't see how this series flows into Kiss me, because it seemed like here June was aware of Pete and Kao's attraction, but in Kiss me, he was totally clueless. We also didn't see much of Sandee who was the only person to know their relationship (what the hell happened to Sandee btw?) The fact that Pete's father found out, albeit though the evil scheme of the ex-girlfriend-was a good touch, because the boys had someone else on their side. I also believe that Kao's mother was hinting at her knowing they liked each other and it's nice to see parents support their children.

If you want to see the drama for just the BL, then you won't be disappointed (I suggest Lazysubber as she is the only one who has the BL parts in order and translated). If you want to see it for the other couples, then go head and watch it. This drama suffered from too many characters syndrome and I just couldn't commit to the other couples because they were not to my liking. Some of the pairings were super annoying from the bit that I watched and that's why I stopped following the whole thing.

Cons: MY GOD those long a&& commercial promos in the drama. Why were they always given to Pete and Kao? That soup company truly invested a lot of money into that drama. Pete and Kao spent on average two minutes just making that soup and slurping it--2 minutes we could have had of KISSING and fondling or something more...Ugg...Okay I'll stop now.

peeche
Jul 26, 2018
To be honest, I was expecting a really nice series as the continuation of Kiss The Series. However, I felt disappointed. As soon as Sanson started investigating about Matt (Mond)’s sexuality, I was thoroughly disappointed with her ways as I thought that they were very rude. I started skipping all of their scenes after that. I liked the plot between Sansuay and So, and also R and Sanwan’s, but they were cliché. New and Tay’s plot was great and I really loved it because I really like a plot where the characters starts as enemies. Overall, the series is just okay. The chance that I will rewatch the series is very small, and maybe I’ll only do so for the scenes that I like.

Cute Gnome
Jul 24, 2018
Okay everyone I'll be honest on my review regarding this series.

STORY/PLOT:
Thailand Entertainment Industry spicifically the filming Industry as what I have observed was so fond of producing series with this kind of genre. A series which contains not just one love s tory but of multiple stories, like the ever popular Hormones, Room Alone, Together With Me, Bad Romance and many more. And one thing that I've observed as well is that everytime a series like this was produced there's always a BL part or story which I loved the most. As what I have said, I'll be honest in this review of mine. Actually I haven't finished watching all 14 episodes. The 14th episode don't have english subtitles yeta and I'm still waiting for it. And I'm still on Episode 9. But....I've already finished the BL part. I watched those part where Kao and Pete are present because I'm an honest BL supporter, Well I am not new to thiis kind of genre bacause as what I have said there were similar series produced before this. What I like about this series is the fact that all female leads where sisters and that there names starts with SAN... I found it interesting. I like the story as well aside from the BL part, the stories that I liked were the stories of R and Sanwan because I know them a long time ago since Hormones. :-)

ACTING/CAST:
I don't have any issues regardingh their acting skills in this series given the fact that most of them already appeared in so many series and films that I became so used of them regarding of what role they played. The chemistry between and Kao and Pete is totally insane though. I'll ship for them.

MUSIC:
I look forward on the stories in this series so I did not gave a damn attention to the music. Sorry for that.

REWATCH VALUE:
I keep on watching it from time to time especially the Pete and Kao scenes.

OVERALL:
Actually before I decided to watch this series I keep on debating if I should watch it first or Kiss: The Series first before this. But since the prequel was Kiss Me Again and the sequel story was Kiss:The Series I end up watching it though it was the latest series. I will be watching Kiss:The Series after I finished watching this sreies.

Screamer201
Aug 15, 2018
STORY:
The series has a lot of potential, but it was destroyed by having too much couple in the series. The series have 4 couples and they tried to fit all their story to 14 episodes. And the result, you can sometimes see that there are rambling with the story since they change the story from one couple to another from time to time. Also, you lose the hype of what's going to happen next since they change immediately. Lastly, since they fit a 4 coupled story in just 14 EPISODES, you will notice that before the end of the series, they fastened the story of each couples, just to resolve their problems.

So here is my reviews:

- Pete/Kao couple, is one of the best asset of this show. Their story is worth watching, and the chemistry is very good. Although sometimes the actor of Pete (Tay) has an awkwardness in their acting.

-The actress of Mint doesn't act well (sorry). When she is talking or trying to make some facial gestures, it's exxagerated and unreal. Also, when she is listening to someone talking, she doesn't have the right reaction and it looks like she's waiting that person to finish so she can throw her lines.

- The other actors/actresses is also good, since you can already see them in other series/films.

MUSIC:
The ost and its remixes is good and pleasant to the ears. TBH, the ost gave me a "LAST SONG SYNDROME" and I've been playing it repeatedly everyday. Lol. But, what I just hate is that the opening part (where the main OST is being played) consumes almost 2 minutes of each episodes.

REWATCH VALUE:
I wil just watch the Pete/Kao part, but not the other couples.

Lana2886
Apr 27, 2019
I really like the serie, the cast is perfect their acting was good and the story was sort of different from other series. The only thing that was bothering me is the fact that Sanson wanted Matt to be gay and tried everything to prove it but Matt should do it by himself. And of course Kao and Pete were my favorite couple because I sort of came here because I love BL but after the serie ended I just liked every couple in their own way. I have The official ost also in my Spotify playlist so everytime that song comes up I always sing and that song makes me so happy and every single time I hear it it makes me remember this perfect serie.

Jvonder
Jan 22, 2019
My score of 8 applies to the whole Kiss Me Again series, including the Pete and Kao scenes. The problem I had with Kiss Me Again is that they mixed Pete and Kao with all the other couples, when in reality they can just focus on Pete and Kao as of all the other couples, they had the best scenes and most interesting story. I love the fact that they're going to do a stand alone BL series just for Pete and Kao because I feel that their story was not fully explored, and mixing the stories from the other couples is kinda confusing to be honest. Newwie and Tay has perfect chemistry. They both look cute together, and both of them can really act. Earth is also in this series but he's not paired up with Newwie. I guess, I'm not yet ready to let go of Earth and Newwie love team from Waterboyy. I do have to add that I think the hair style of Earth in this series really looks cute on him. He looks so much younger and so much cuter. There's a lot of scenes from the other couples where the acting is very stiff and there's a lot of pauses in the script. I think the story line needs to be completely polished. I do like the suspenseful music background, I think it's cute and I think it helps by covering the weak acting coming from couple of actors. All in all, I only give this series an 8. Maybe with more polished dialogues and more interesting scenes, I will give the series a much more higher score. I will end this review by saying, basically all they need to have an amazing series for Kiss Me Again is to remove all the other actors and just retain New, Tay and Earth, work the story lines among these three talented actors. And they'll end up with a powerful BL that I think will enjoy the same success as Sotus, a BL that they can take internationally in terms of Fan Meeting power.

Janu-Rey Sebastian
Aug 20, 2018
I agree with other reviews, shoving four different stories in one series is just too much to digest. You can't help but get excited with one couple and get bored with the others. I seriously started skipping all stories and just focused on the one with BL story. I mean, among the four couples their storyline is way more interesting. Their acting is believable. The supporting actors in their scenes are really good too. I just wish they narrow the storyline down to atleast 2 and then mqke the story somehow connected. I felt like watching four different series at the same time and it gives me headache.

Overall, Kiss Me Again is a happy-pill series. You can binge watch if you may.

beatriz
Feb 10, 2019
I have to be very honest with this one: I literally skipped almost every single scene that didn't include Pete or Kao because I wasn't interested AT ALL in the other couples. Tay and New saved the show for me because even though they aren't the most skilful actors, their chemistry is incredible and I hope we get to see them as a couple again in the future. A few things I didn't like:
-Why is there a fighting scene (or several) in every episode? The makeup artist worked hard.
-The abusive relationship between Sanwan and R... I just can't. And she is stunning with or without glasses, if he doesn't love her for who she is then goodbye? I like me some bad boys who turn good but it was too much, that plot killed half of my braincells.
-Too many couples, couldn't care less about half of them.
-The sisters' mother is C R A Z Y for setting her own daughter up with someone she HATES for money or whatever that whole deal was about.
-The sisters didn't have a good relationship which breaks my heart because honestly, cheating on your sister with her boyfriend... dude. Dude.
-Ah, the advertisements.
-I don't know, it was too much. Too dramatic. Too... just too.

Things I actually enjoyed:
-Thanks to this show I found out about TayNew and now I'm rooting for them!! Hopefully they'll get married one day lol. Or at least stay close friends! SO SO SO CUTE.
-The friendship between Pete, Kao, Sandee, Tada and June.
-Everyone was very good looking.

Oh well, it took me at least 6 months to watch this drama and I didn't even watch every scene. Don't recommend it at all, except for PeteKao and the friends' scenes.

Demy_Martin
Aug 22, 2019
This a typical GMMTV all stars production and that automatically drew me in. Most of the cast had been in Waterboyy the series which I loved. This drama is a mix of straight and BL couples which was interesting. I did not like that so many couples were included as I felt like no couple had enough time to really develop.
Pros: I thought the actors that I had already seen previously were great and the group of friends that Kao and Pete form was fun. They definitely put thought into the dynamics of each relationship, each with their own pasts.
Cons: Too many couples to really focus.
Overall: A great introduction to some new actors that I like seeing in dramas now. Great cast and fun story. Looking forward to the continuation .

newtawan
Sep 16, 2018
In the previous series of Kiss Me: The Series, Pete and Kao were already friends. But in the sequel movie Kiss Me Again seems like they don't know each other and there was a preview that Pete and Kao are enemies before when Kao's friend beat by Pete. Then there was one scene that Pete was studying then Sandee's group along with June, Kao and Thada came to Pete then Sandee introduce her friends to Pete but in the Kiss Me: The Series they were all friends already. So I just have some confusions if its a sequel or prequel. And in that Kiss Me: The Series Kao's character was Nerdy High school student then in the Kiss Me Again he is not like that.

Serendipity_Angel
Jul 22, 2018
I honestly feel the urge to write a review because this is one of my favourite Dramas I've seen so far this year. To be honest, if you ask me, what made me watch it was because of New, the actor of Kao. I've watched some of his Dramas before and knowing the fact that for this particular drama, his love interest was a male hence so I decided to stay and give it a go.

What I like about this series was that it showcases multiple couples each with their own unique storyline. If it weren't like this and the each of the couples have their own separate Dramas, showcasing the same storyline as it was in the series, I imagine it would certainly be just as good. (Besides, I quite like a Drama that only centres around Pete and Kao's relationship lol, why not).

Since the series focuses mainly on 4 different couples, it is quite difficult to fit them all in a short amount of only 14 episodes. Because of that, sometimes I felt like the story doesn't flow as I would have liked because each episode goes to one couple and then the next second, goes to a different one, but this time with a completely different scenario and storyline. Since the series only has 14 episodes, I do feel like it was rushed especially on the last few episodes as if they are rushing it so that that couples would resolve their conflicts and have a happy ending before the series ends. As oppose to the sequel Kiss the Series, it had a lot more of a development since it only had 2 couples and more episodes as well. I would have liked if they explored the couples a bit more but because of the limited time and screentime, wasn't able to portray that enough. However despite that, in terms of the story, I do think it is nothing special. I do like that each of the couples are connected in a way though - I found that very clever especially when the female characters in the couples are sisters and live in the same house. And then one is connected to Pete and Kao. I found these little connections to be interesting and I quite like that.

In terms of the cast, I have found many familiar faces hence so I was quite ecstatic to see them act in a series together again. I adore them and my lord, the couples are just full on adorable especially Pete/Kao and Sanwan/R. The acting for me was impeccable in some scenes but however some weren't as well. It was quite inconsistent, but overall I was quite impressed on the acting especially those kiss scenes Pete and Kao ~ Furthermore, I'm not really fussy over the Music, to be honest, I quite like it actually. True, some are repetitive as shit to the point it gets annoying when played again not to mention the opening and ending takes so much of the time in each episode as well, however despite that, I do like the Ost and I think they are very appealing to listen to.

Overall, I quite enjoyed the series. Seeing as I watched it when it was airing and had to wait episodes for each week, I'm surprised that I never lost interest and was kept motivated to wait the whole way through. Goes to say, it's worth the watch for me and I definitely didn't regret it. Absolutely one of my faves. I will definitely miss the series especially Pete and Kao <33 Someday I hope #TayNew will get their own series as the main couple lol.

britishnobleman
Jul 27, 2018
I am currently on Episode 8. It's kind of hard to watch every episode continuously because of how uninteresting the series is. There's way too much couples to focus on, and only two are worth watching (Sanwan's and KaoPete). I was seriously contemplating if I would just skip on the other 2 (especially Sanson's, like WTF even is this shit?). Sanson is extremely unlikable, and she's doing this "investigation" for the sake of getting a car. Like who wrote that? I hated her character so much that I just found myself rooting for Pat instead. Sansuay's not that bad, but hers wasn't that good either. I literally can't say anything about her story because it is that uninteresting.

Honestly I was extremely excited for this series when it first aired. I loved the Kiss the Series. That one only had 3 couples (KaoPete was put on the background). I was hoping to see more of Sanrak and Sandee, but no! They're the supporting characters this time. What I hate about Sanwan's storyline is that it's too predictable. It's funny tho, maybe a little. KaoPete is where the series rise. But I kind of hate how Pete's character is too much of an asshole, and knowing Tay's real-life personality, it does feel like it's a bit contrived. I looove their sweet moments, but when you take that out of the equation, their backstory's are kind of boring as well.

I am extremely disappointed with this series, especially with the hype that it got. I'm just going to force myself to watch the 6 remaining episodes cuz I always finish all the series that I watch.

Acting:
Meh. I think despite "good" acting, the series still suffers because of bad writing.

The background music is too repetitive and most of the time, too loud.

Rewatch Value:
I don't think I'll rewatch this series, except for an occasional searching of some KaoPete scenes.

Overall:
DISAPPOINTING.