1. Nirvana in Fire (Season 1)
2. The Advisor's Alliance. (Season 1)
3. Decoded

I have to mention here Perfect Couple, Legend of Chusen/Noble Aspirations, Love Me If You Dare and Royal Tramp/ The Deer and the Cauldron. I really like historical/fantasy/political dramas where the main lead is more strategist than a strong person. Even in Chusen, the ML is more resouceful and has more intellect than strong in his plight.  Three Kingdoms (2010) would be my third if i watched every single episode, but i only watched the episodes concerning the major events seen in the book. 

1. Sparrow

2. The Princess Wei Young

3. Nirvana In Fire

Hi. It is just this year that I have grown my love for Chinese dramas <3

For my top 3 dramas:

1. 10 Miles of Peach Blossoms - It took me a long time to move on from this drama. I had too much attachment. That being said, it is truly a great drama! 

2. Princess Agents 

3. A Love So Beautiful

The Disguiser  伪装者

Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 2009     倚天屠龙记   Deng Chao version

with you 最好的我们

I honestly can't pick just 3 so i'm gonna do sub categories haha

Imperial/Ancient China:

1) Nirvana in Fire - I don't think many people would disagree that this is possibly one of the best Chinese dramas to be made (if not ever, than at least the past few years). Everything from acting to set designs to story line is absolutely perfect. It's got the best revenge plot story line (which ties in super well with everything that goes on) and great character development (Looking at you Xiao Jing Yan (Wang Kai)). Acting was just top notch and for such a fairly serious storyline, there were great comedic moments to lighten it up when necessary. I honestly have almost no issues with this drama.

2) Legend of Zhen Huan - Sun Li is honestly the perfect actress for these dramatic, imperial dramas. She is beautiful but her acting is just amazing. She's not afraid to be ugly so her expressions are super real, etc. It's a long drama and I definitely skip through parts on rewatches, but honestly just so good. Clothing, set designs, etc - all feel super true to history (whether it is or not I don't know for sure because I'm not chinese). Negative points: Lots and lots of inner harem fighting (it's 85% of the story). The constant framing and set ups get annoying sometimes, but again still worth a watch.

3) Prince of Lan Ling - Ariel Lin, yet another fabulous actress who really brings the game home for the show. Feng Shao Feng was very good as well. Storyline was well paced, did't feel super draggy to me like other shows can be. Only thing that bothered me was that they make Ariel's character out to be this mystical/clairvoyant type of girl but she honestly is just creative and the few tricks she comes up with are used many times throughout the show. Great watch and fabulous OST.

** Bonus additions (Because I honestly love so many C-Dramas that I can't pick):

Princess Wei Young - Tang Yan and Luo Jin <3. Another great story that focuses on a smart and hardworking female working her way up in life and using her wit to beat down her enemies (Spoiler: She has TONS of enemies). Chemistry was great between the two ("4-5 dramas/movies together and are together in real life" kind of good chemistry). Only downsides for me was all the bad guys were bad and had little/no redeeming qualities. It felt a little one note sometimes because it was just "Yup, that whole family and everyone involved with them is evil."

Legend of Mi Yue - Sun Li is also the main character. Storyline has similar points to Zhen Huan, but still varies a lot. Obviously there has to be some inner harem fighting, but this drama definitely is much more toned down than Zhen Huan, which was a bonus for me. Main character comes off as more lucky than smart (imo), up until the point where she becomes the Empress Dowager/Regent. Whereas Zhen Huan at least seemed more conscious of the dangers around her.

Legend of Lu Zhen - Zhao Li Ying is probably my top rated Chinese actress at the moment. This show is a shining point for her, I think. Chemistry with Chen Xiao was great. Main girl is very smart and hardworking and it makes you really root for her because she's not just handed everything because of her beauty, etc. Story gets a little overly dramatic at times (but what drama doesn't?)

Wu Xia/Xian Xia:

1) Eternal Love - another breakout hit from recent years. It was my first time seeing Yang Mi or Mark Chao in a drama and it was honestly just fabulous. Great storyline (much preferred it played out the way the tv show did it compared to the book/movie). You really fell in love with Mark Chao's character and understood why things happened the way they do, compared to in the book which starts after she returns to her High Goddess status and forgets everything that happened when she was human. Totally appreciate the directing team/producers for making the show follow a linear time line, rather than flash backs and whatnot like the book.

2) Swordsman - I didn't see this one on a lot of people's lists which is sad because Swordsman was one of the first Wu Xia/Xian Xia dramas I watched and I absolutely loved it. Wallace Huo was great and Chen Qiao En probably had the best character (and best acting) for the whole series. Story line was fairly well paced and not terribly hard to follow. My only dislike was Ling Hu Chong ending up with Ren  Ying Ying and not Dong Fang Bu Bai - yes I know that the original story has it ending up that way, but you can't deny that the chemistry between them was amazing and I honestly don't think the majority of the audience would have been angry about the alt-pairing.

3) Journey of Flower - Wallace Huo and Zhao Li Ying - one of my favorite pairings (two of my favorite actors/actresses). Story line was good. Acting was great. Would have preferred to have a bit more romance (They clearly cared for each other romantically, but WH's character couldn't get past the Teacher-Student relationship until the very end), but overall a great show.

Modern/Closer to Modern time:

1) Love O2O - another break out hit. Yang Yang became so many people's favorite after this show. Very simple storyline made exciting with the addition of the gaming world. One of the more refreshing dramas that didn't have all of the nonsense triangles and misunderstandings that cause the main pair to have issues with each other. Just pure feelings and trust on both ends and the genuine building relationship between the main characters was very refreshing to see. 

2) Ode to Joy - Lots of story lines going on (5 main characters) but just so realistic and relatable. Acting was great (I honestly hate Qiu Ying Ying and got annoyed every time she showed up) but Jiang Xin, Liu Tao, and Olivia Wang were fabulous. Such a fan of Olivia Wang and Wang Kai's chemistry. (Super shout out to When a Snail Falls in Love) They were definitely my favorite part even though I originally really disliked Olivia Wang's character, she ended up being my favorite.

3) Rookie Agent Rouge - I'm a little biased because I love ZLY, but this drama was so entertaining to me. I'm not a huge fan of the dramas set around the time of the People's Revolution and the war with Japan because meh, but this drama had the perfect blend of scheming, spying, and relationship stuff that it felt like a great imperial drama just set in more modern times. Great comedic timing when needed (the story gets very serious at times) and all around great acting by the cast.

Bonus Additions:

Love Me if you Dare - Wallace Huo - fabulous again. Super interesting crime solving drama/somewhat psychological thriller. Female lead is somewhat standard innocent but hardworking, but Sandra Ma was a great actress regardless.

Boss & Me - Is it obvious that I love Zhao Li Ying? Very good acting. Storyline was fairly standard Cinderella style story, but loved how hardworking and confident ZLY's character becomes by the end of it.

Top 3 drama:

1. Ten miles of peach blossom (aka Eternal Love)

2. Boss & Me

3. Love O2O

Empresses in the Palace  and Battle  of Changsha  ( tied for 1st place)

Boss and Me 

Ten Miles of Peach Blossom 

Honourable mention :  Surgeons 

Red Sorghum
Nirvana in Fire
The Advisors Alliance
Gosh I can't order my list :(

I only just started watching Chinese dramas but I'm enjoying Scarlet Heart right now. 

1. General and I 

2. Enteral Love.

1. Lady & Liar
  2. Eternal Love
  3. General and I

1. Three Lives, Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossom

2. Go Princess Go

3.  My Sunshine

1) Ten Miles of Peach Blossom (Eternal Love): Bruh I had legit dreams about this show that's how shook it made me.

2) Ice Fantasy: TBH this drama made me hella mad but it was still fun to watch and was one of my first Chinese dramas.

3) Go Princess go!: Okay, I'm legit trash for some time traveling princesses but this drama was SO FUNNY like omg I cackled the whole time.