I'm struggling to find a really good Chinese drama so I want to know what is the best Chinese drama you have watched and a little bit about the drama. For me my top 3 Chinese dramas are:
1: The Princess Wei Young 
2: Eternal Love 
3: The journey of a flower
you may  like ice fantasy it's really a good drama

Oh, i completely understand. Those three are also my top 3, in fact i don't think I've found one that holds my interest like they did. If you find one please let me know because when i find one i like the sound of, it isn't subbed or has been subbed half way T.T 
1. Go Princess Go - Comedy. Playboy gets in an accident thanks to his ex-girlfriends and time-travels back into the body of a princess. It starts off super hilarious but then you start loving some of the characters and it gets more serious. It's low budget but they made the most of it.
2. Nirvana in Fire - The story of a long road for revenge Those are my personal clear cut two.
3. It's a tossup so I don't want to expand the list. I guess.. Swordsman fits the theme (pre-industrial era with swords and stuff) but I know a lot of people who were annoyed by the ending. 
Hmmm this is hard.

1. Go princess go
2. Journey of flower
3. Sealed with a kiss

nirvana in fire would have been in here if only the cast wasn't so huge and having to constantly look at a family tree to remember who everyone was. I also liked battle of Changsha but that would be 4
I'm discovering chinese dramas, I didn't Watch a lot, but these are really good :
1- Battle of Changsha
2- Sound of desert
3- Lady and liar
I really love Chinese sports dramas.
1- Go Goal Fighting (Soccer or as it's proper name football)
2- Whirlwind Girl (Taekwando)
3- Decoded (Not a sports drama but pretty interesting it's a historical spy drama with a autistic main lead.)
1. Nirvana in Fire
2. The Disguiser
3. Journey of the Flower

wah its hard coz I love Boss and Me, Love me if you dare and Battle of Changsha
To Be A Better Man
Vigilantes in Masks
Across the Ocean to See You
I have not seen the most popular and high rated ones (like Nirvana, Journey of Flower, Changsa and others).

Right now though:

1. Love O2O

2. Love me if you dare

3. Princess Agents

Edit* back to update my list
1- When A Snail Falls in Love : police drama with some romance
2- Nirvana in Fire : you may need 10 to 20 episodes to get into it but it's definitely worth it if you like period dramas.
3- Evil Minds : police drama as well
Bonus : 4 - Fox in the Screen : fantasy and romance, it kind of reminded me of the manga Kamisama Hajimemashita
Nirvana in Fire
Battle of Changsha
Ode to Joy/Scarlet Heart

Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan 

The First Half of My Life

Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms (Eternal Love)

+fourth place would probs go to Surgeons

and  I also LOVE all the other ones mentioned above (Nirvana in Fire, Ode to Joy, Battle of Changsha, etc)

My top three are : 
Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan, it's a pure masterpiece and such a breathtaking drama. 
To Be a Better Man, so real, sincere and hilarious. Clearly the best Chinese modern drama I've watched and for good reasons (it surely has flaws but it's really well written).
Battle of Changsha.

I'd add that Prince of Lan Ling is a must watch as well.
My top 3 loved dramas are:
1. Princess Agents
2. Eternal Love
3. Journey of the flower 

...... :)