Hi MDL'ers,

Hope you're having the best of days. 

Currently when a user registers on MyDramaList, there isn't really a guide on what to do on here. As such, it can be rather overwhelming. I'd like to create a private message that will be sent to users upon registration. Any recommendations on what to include would be beneficial.

So far i've come up with the following:

Hi *Insert Username*,

Welcome to MyDramaList. We've come up with a short guide on the various things you can do on here.

First, we'd recommend  adding Dramas/Movies/Variety Shows to your list: https://mydramalist.com/shows/top

What else should we add?

Maybe a link to the forum /either introductions or just general forums/ and an invite to hang out with the rest of users? I know it's up there in the menu and it's pretty visible, but reminding people they can talk about various stuff won't hurt imho. 

maybe a link for FAQ will do as well. People are often lost when arriving to these kind of websites if, for example, they don't know the dynamics or something. ;;

Hessa Volunteer Staff

Help them set up their profile. I remember one of my cousins stopped using MDL because she did not know how to change her profile pic.

When i came to MDL I would have loved to know that I can create a profile page (I realized it after weeks) and a user wrote me a pm to asked how I did this and how o got the idea....

Something like:

Build up your profile. Show other users what you love about dramaworld and find friends who share same intrests. Click on your icon choose profile and get started.

Hi, I am a user from 2014 but there are a lot of stuff that I find out about only this year.

Here is my example of welcome message, feel free to review it unless you already came up with something else. 

Hi *Insert Username*,

Welcome to MyDramaList, a community where you can track your favorite Asian Shows and chat about it! Do not be shy and feel free to introduce yourself here Introductions. 

We've come up with a short guide on the various things you can do on here:

You can browse the database and add shows into your personal List, you can find titles under Explore -> TV show and Movies. In the same category you can find recommendation or you can simply ask in the Community Recommendation Forum. Once you have add titels in your watchlist you will also find personalized reccomendations under your profile.  

You can customize your profile under Settings and chat about your favorite drama in the FORUM or in the FEEDS ACTIVITY

You can browse the HOME SITE to keep yourself updated on the lastest news and trands about your favorite shows and we also have an ARTICLE SECTION, if you are a writer feel free to join the discussion here MDL writers.

If you are curious on how mydramalist work, everything you find on the site is made by users, if you want to be a contributor to make MDL better here are a few guides (Article - 5 ways to help / Forum - Community Tasks / VIP program)

We hope you will enjoy MDL and if you want more helpful tips check out MDL user guide

Bye 

The staff