7th Challenge Completed!

Hi KC Drama LOVER! Your PTW list is so long I got lost, haha! Although, I want to recommend you The Untamed, even though I didn't see it on your list. It's a really good show, and I hope you enjoy it.  ?

If not TU, then I'd recommend:

1. The Spirealm (don't be intimidated by the number of episodes, it's actually just 38 episodes on proper websites)
  2. Under the Skin
  3. Reset

image link

Hi theis! Thanks for the recommendations!

I choose Bokura no Shokutaku!

Status : Completed 8.5/10. I enjoyed the show and the premise was so cute. Thank you!

2nd Challenge

Hi Tanii! I've looked through your lists and what you watched from this challenge and I see that we seem to agree to disagree so I hope I captured the right things you might like. Most of them comes from your watchlist and two are one offs based on what you've whatched and have in your PTW.

From your PTW:
1. Twinkling Watermelon 16eps x 1h 10min - It's no secret it is a loved drama in this challenge and over all. It may not match your favorites, but it is a fresh breeze of relationships, family dyamic and a fight for others and yourself, even if it may be for selfish reasons.
2. Stay with Me 24eps x 35min - A story of two young boys that start their relationship with pranks and being a bit off putting of each other, but grows into a strong bond that comes with a more unusual family dynamic and a soft version of building your own family.
3. Bokura no Shokutaku 10eps x 23min - This is a fifty-fifty I think. I saw 3-papas wasn't to your liking, nd I haven't watch it but it seems to have bits similar to this. However, from my interpretation this is as child based. A story of two young adults who are a bit lonely in their own way with a kid who tie them together (figurativly) that forces them to interact with each other and starts a friendship full of warmth and food. It's a somewhat slow soft and warming story and I think the child just adds a touch of humour and cuteness to it. He isn't the main focus, but is more a character that pushes the story somewhat.

Not on your PTW:
1. My First Client 1h 54min movie - Based on a true story about a man who struggles himself with finding a job as a lawyer and works for the meantime in a child welfare where he meets a child he can't help even with knowing some of her struggles. Later on he gets a job he seeked for and leaves the welfare. Later at his current work place he gets a phone call that the little girl has killed her little brother. (summary of MDL's summary) I haven't watched this myself yet but it seemed to match with some of your PTW and what you've watched and rated high.
2. Vigilante 8eps x 44min - A fasted paced story of a vigilante who takes justice in his own hands when the law isn't enough. Police student at day, vigilante at night. Quick action drama if your looking for something in between without a dull moment. Has some quirky characters that I found a bit much from time to time, but in it's concept it fits. Reminded me of the tv show Arrow if your familiar.

Open for most recs. I think I'm looking for more of a classic, all time favourite or something in that direction. No horror please, but otherwise it's all good. My whole PTW isn't on MDL so come with whatever. No specific country or episodes, but maybe keep to the shorter (32 and shorter) chinese dramas. Only have a few dropped and one really bad reviewed drama.
Thanks in advance ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

Thank you for the recommendations Killer_Queen. I choose the recommended kmovie Dream

Rating:
Thoughts:

Thesis 

I recommend dream a kmovie that usually I would avoid, I enjoyed it quite a lot due to it being a light funny comedy. Also, it gives some valuable lessons we all could take a pinch of. Life has its ups and downs. 

stove-league kdrama  that's very baseball based so will have a lot of business terms but was full of suspense. Bonus for me it had little romance between leads.

stalker you will either love it or hate it no in-between. For me though even though a little unrealistic between the main couple it was cute and funny to watch. Plus the friendship of the 2 groups I loved.

Myself, would love a cute funny drama that isn't too plot-heavy but loads of characters growth. Having a break from my usual genres

I accept Kahogo no Kahoko 1/10 

Dropped it after 3rd episode 

The characters were just........ The fathers didn't try to help his daughter even though he knew she was just to dependable on the mother. The mother was too ignorant to listen to the problems she was causing. Don't even get me started on the daughter 

Challenge: I

Hi Killer_Queen,

That's understandable :) I hope you'll be able to find something more up your alley next time!

Cute Fluffy Dramas

A cute rom-com about a novice in romance who gains the ability to hear people's thoughts when he touches them.
A very short & sweet cooking mini-series on friendship.

Kahogo no Kahoko

A romantic comedy about a sheltered young woman who learns to be independent.

Character-driven Slice of Life Dramas

Kinou Nani Tabeta?
Another short cooking drama. I enjoyed the fact that this gay drama features an older couple who have been together for a while.
Bokura wa Kiseki de Dekite Iru
A sweet slice of life drama. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember finding Issei's character to be very endearing.
Ore no Sukato, Doko Itta? 
A comedy about an unapologetically blunt gay teacher who helps students with their life concerns. I found the drama unique and Harada Nobuo was a fun character.

Honorable Mentions: 

Zettai BL ni Naru Sekai VS Zettai BL ni Naritakunai Otoko

This movie is a satire on BL mangas. I thought it was really funny.
Uchi no Musume wa, Kareshi ga Dekinai!!
A sweet mother-daughter comedy about the two of them finding romance in their lives.

I'm open to recommendations, preferably nothing too heavy or dark. I don't think I would be in the mood for procedural dramas, and a drama with a large episode count is kind of daunting haha. 

Hi Tanii!

Haha, thank you, I've been in dramaland for a long time :') Thank you for the recommendations! It was a tough decision because they all seem interesting. I was especially torn between Semantic Error and The Untamed. 

I choose The Untamed despite the censorship & episode count. I've been curious about since it came out.

The Untamed | Status:  Completed | Rating: 9

What a wild ride! It was really slow at times, but when it got going -- it packed a punch :D
I do wish the story was told linearly. As invested as I got in the characters, it took me a while. At times I felt like I was waiting for episode 33 because of the cliffhanger in the first episode. I enjoyed the playful banter between Lan Zhan & Wei Ying, it was so satisfying watching them work together.

I watched Semantic Error too & I've actually seen it before but I forgot to update my list haha. I watched it in the movie format this time and liked it as much as the first time. They're really cute together.

8th Challenge completed!

Hi, SmileHoney! Your list is so long, it's fascinating! I chose some titles from your PTW list and some that I didn't see on there.

1. Semantic Error (Short KBL - one of my faves)
  2. We Best Love: No. 1 For You (Short TBL)
  3. The Untamed (It's a 50 eps long Cdrama, it's a censored show but it's amazing and worth watching!)
  4. Go Ahead (46 eps but it's worth it!)
  5. Love Between Fairy and Devil (a very good romance show with 36 eps that'll just fly by!)
  6. Wuliang (short c-movie)
  7. Forever Love (short C-drama)

image link

Edit: I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Thank you for the recs, leafless7, I choose Kingdom.

Status : Completed 7/10! I watched both seasons and they were good!

10: Hi Tanii

I have picked drama from your ptw

✓ 1. Kingdom: zombies

2. Lovestruck in the city : romance

3. Nine tailed fox 1938

4. Twinkling Watermelon 

5. Extracurricular

Bonus: 

6. Another Miss Oh: it has many kissing scenes. 

Recommend me intense passionate romantic kdrama. Refer this. What I meant by romance drama.

I accept Killer_Queen's recommendation for because-it-s-my-first-love 

Rating: 9.5

I liked it so much. This was like watching drama in second male lead POV. Sml are always there for fl. Even if she is dating ml. (Here he was ml). I am rating it low because I skip watched it. it was not boring. But I wanted to complete it in less time. (I rate 10 every drama which I love.)

Third couple are my favourite. And I was happy that couple I was shipping they are end game. This was cutest drama. 

Here it was raining. And I was watching rain scene in drama. It was great experience. 

Leafless7 

Sorry in advance if these are not your taste as I'm not a romance watcher (unless it is bl) but I've gathered a few options

beauty-newbie is a Thai remake of the Korean version. You will either love or hate it as some characters just seemed oblivious but the romance was the strongest challenge that they faced with others trying to interfere with them. FML friend lied saying she liked MML.

our-police-course we all know that crush we had so decided to follow them only discover that wasn't the right person. ML I absolutely love as he is the gentleman who we all want in life. Plus great friendship groups that had us laughing. 

because-it-s-my-first-love is sweet and quirky. I've watched it so long ago, if I remember correctly it is one of my first kdramas

eighteen the sweet love of young always seemS impossible to have yourself. They weren't planning on it but the ML finally came out of his shell 

Learnt through trial and error to stick with my usual dramas of the genres, psychological, crime or thriller. Would love some recommend some by China as I tend to slightly prefer those compared to Korea or Japan 

All of them will be going on PTW but with difficultly I pick Day and Night 

9/10

There was great character development with great story that kept me hooked throughout the drama 

Challenges: III

Hi Killer_Queen,

Here's some crime / thriller dramas that you haven't seen yet and may enjoy.

Evil Minds - A psychological thriller where the anti-hero  must face his trauma while working together with a police detective to catch a serial killer. This was one of my favorite genres.
Day and Night - Twins take turns switching places while trying to uncover the truth behind the case one of them was framed for. I remember wanting to watch a second season.
Love Me If You Dare - Another psychological crime drama that features profiling psychopaths. This drama also has romance.
The Victims' Game - A Taiwanese dark psychological suspense story. It may be triggering as the drama does cover su!cide.

Honorable Mentions:

When a Snail Falls in Love - This drama also features romance. A profiler and a detective work together in a police unit, both complementing what each other might lack.

Ancient Detective - This one is a wuxia detective story, both this one and When a Snail Falls in Love may be on the lighter side.

Infernal Affairs - If you like stories about triads and double cops, this Hong Kong movie is definitely a classic.

Open to recommendations, preferably less than 25 episodes. What are your favorites?

Hi Mart, thanks for the recs! I'll choose Bad Buddy :D I loved your description of the drama.

Challange 1, 2, 3, 4

Hiiii SmileHoney,

Here some reccomandation for you:

Bad Buddy 

One of my comfort watch. A sweet, funny and romantic drama that makes you feel pampered and keeps you glued to the screen because you always want more. The character of Pat is an absurd potato that enters your heart and you can't help but want to protect at all costs.

Recommendation bonus:

2. A Tale of Thousand Stars - among the most beautiful settings found in Thai BL, among my favorite BL.

3. Missing: The Other Side - beautiful, I loved this drama. it's the kind of story that keeps you glued to the screen and you won't even stop to eat. Of incredible depth. Get the tissues ready.

4. D.P.  - something different from the other recommended genres, in case you're in the mood for something deeper. Extremely real, to the point that it leaves you shocked just thinking about it.

5. God's Gift: 14 Days - I saw this drama 10 years ago now and I'm not kidding if I don't say I still can't get over it.

Again open to any recommendation, as always, the only requests are that it will have an happy ending, nothing historical please, and that it is not excessively long. Some must watch from your personal list!

Challange #5

I accepted the recommendation from disdoortion  to watchFanletter, Please

Status: Watched [ Started: 17/07/2024 ~ Completed: 17/07/2024 ]

Rating: 8.5/10 ⭐️

I put it on play without too many pretensions and I must admit that it was a very pleasant viewing. I would have preferred a few more episodes, but maybe it was better that way since I cried a lot anyway..

Challenge 3

Hello Mart,

I've had a look at your profile and list. I'm not sure if you'll like them so let me know if you would like a different recommendation!

A Shop for Killers - Action Thriller drama told non linear which I thought was very intriguing.

Fanletter, Please - RomCom because your profile says that you love them so this one popped into my head and it's pretty short too!

as for my recommendation, my actual PTW are upcoming releases. This is a list with titles I want to get to this year, however anything you think I must watch or think I might enjoy I'll look forward to!

I accept ABBYBERHANU's recommendation to watch Flower of Evil, since I already started it a week ago or so I might as well use it for this challenge. Thank you!

6th We Watch Challenge 2024 Award Ceremony
It's a bonanza month with a total of 19 Badges, including 8 Gold Badges. Check out whose recommendations got them Gold Badges and the latest Hall of Fame!

Gold Badges
•   
JulyMoon for recommending 3 nen a gumi which has been rated 10/10
•   
leafless7 for recommending The Devil Judge which has been rated 10/10
•   
theis for recommending Copycat Killer which has been rated 10/10
•  
 KC Drama LOVER for recommending Unforgettable which has been rated 10/10
•   
neriya for recommending Tomorrow which has been rated 10/10
•   
Jojo77 for recommending Twinkling Watermelon which has been rated 10/10
•   
Tanii for recommending Love Between Fairy and Devil which has been rated 10/10
•   
SmileHoney for recommending Nobody Knows which has been rated 10/10

Silver Badges
•   
Sweetsis / Killer_Queen for recommending All of Us Are Dead which has been rated 9/10
•   
jenn for recommending Light On Me which has been rated 9/10
•   
Mart for recommending Last Twilight which has been rated 9/10
•   
neriya for recommending The Story of Park's Marriage Contract which has been rated 9/10
•  
 Tanii for recommending The Untamed which has been rated 9/10

Bronze Badges
•   
KC Drama Lover for recommending A Business Proposal which has been rated 8.5./10
•   
theis for recommending Bokura no Shokutaku which has been rated 8.5./10
•   
Sweetsis / Killer_Queen for recommending Zombie-100 which has been rated 8./10
•   
jenn for recommending The Miracle of Teddy Bear which has been rated 8/10
•   
theis for recommending Mr. Heart which has been rated 8/10
•   
Jojo77 for recommending Moonlight Chicken which has been rated 8/10

Hall of Fame

Jojo77 and Tanii continue to add 2 badges each to their respective count this month while Sweetsis / Killer_Queen and JulyMoon add 1 badge each. Gracing the Hall of Fame for the first time are leafless7 and neriya with 4 badges each, and theis with 3 badges.

17 Customised Badges
jenn (2x Gold, 4x Silver, 11x Bronze)
13 Customised Badges
Elbee (2x Gold, 5x Silver, 6x Bronze)
9 Customised Badges
Jojo77 (2x Gold, 1x Silver, 6x Bronze)
8 Customised Badges
Sweetsis / Killer_Queen  (7x Silver, 1x Bronze)
6 Customised Badges
Selma (1x Gold, 3x Silver, 2x Bronze), JulyMoon (1x Gold, 2x Silver, 3x Bronze)
5 Customised Badges
Tanii (1x Gold, 2x Silver, 2x Bronze), dearuto (1x Gold, 1x Silver, 3x Bronze)
4 Customised Badges
Saygo (1x Silver, 3x Bronze), leafless7 (1x Gold, 2x Silver, 1x Bronze), neriya (1x Gold, 1x Silver, 2x Bronze)
3 Customised Badges
theis (1x Gold, 2x Bronze), solana (2x Silver, 1x Bronze)

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Edited for dark mode compatibility on Jul 13th

Hello disdoortion  

I looked at your list and I came up with 2 choices. 

1. Flower of evil. based on your list and my love for the drama, I believe you will enjoy it. 

2. Stanger which was on your list but it doesn't have any romance 

For me I enjoy anything romance. It doesn't have to be all romance as long as there is some in there. 

Edit: I have been meaning to watch lovely runner but was scared of all the deaths, but I guess this is my chance. I accept Mart reccomendation for Lovely Runner. 

Edit: I have completed the show. 

Rating: 8/10

I liked the show, but there were tropes that I didn't like. I didn't like how she basically stalke him when she went back even though we know that he liked her before and it was to save him. I also didn't like the lack of comunication between them. 

Other than thoes notes it was a cute drama. 

Challange 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Hiiii ABBYBERHANU,

Here some reccomandation for you:

Lovely Runner

One of the best dramas that 2024 has given us. A drama that keeps you glued to the screen and can be seen in one go. That's it.

Recommendation bonus:

2. Amidst a Snowstorm of Love - I don't understand how this drama is still so little talked about. One of the sweetest and most beautiful things I've ever seen.

3. The Eclipse - one of the musth watch BLs. Get ready to fall into the FirstKhao tunnel.

4. The Gifted - fantasy, dystopian, supernatural. An underrated drama but one that in my opinion deserves to be known

5. Weak Hero Class 1 - get ready with your tissue next to you. Beautiful.

Open to any recommendation, as always, the only requests are that it will have an happy ending, and that it is not excessively long. 

Challange #6

I accepted the recommendation from KC Drama LOVER to watch Marry My Husband

Status: Watched [ Started: 18/07/2024 ~ Completed: 20/07/2024 ]

Rating: 9/10 ⭐️

A drama that I've been trying to find the courage to watch since it came out and I'm so happy that thanks to this challenge I'm finally catch up on it. I have to say that I really appreciated it, especially the female protagonist, a light revenge drama that didn't feel as distressing as others of this genre. Super recommended!

2nd Challenge Completed! {?}

Hello, Mart ! You said you wanted to watch something which have happy ending so I would love to recommend you:

-Click on the title to reach the page (˵ •̀ ᴗ - ˵ ) ✧

I am open to all recommends. 

Tip: Don't go to my PTW rather go to my custom list if you need („• ֊ •„)੭

I accept Tanii's recommendation of  A Tale of Thousand Stars 

Rating: 8.5/10

Thoughts: I had this on my On-Hold since 2021, so I was like let's finish it this year and here we are. The plot was good and refreshing, I only thing that got me was Mix's acting at some points. Rather than that everything was good, the quotes, the plot, the kids(I swear the kids were so cute, I wish I had my cousin's kid like them). I was satisfied by both, me completing the drama and watching them together till the end.

9th Challenge completed!

Hi KC Drama LOVER, we meet again!

I saw A Tale of Thousand Stars on your custom list, so that's what I have chosen to recommend to you!

image link

Hi Mart! Thank you for the recommendation!

I accept Mart's recommendation to watch The Sign.