India and most Southeast Asia 

I vote for Philippines and India. 

I think India and Turkey are in their own league, India have bollywood, Turkey is not really considered asian, they also have their own fanbase (mostly arabs) and doesn't suit MDL imo.

I would vote for Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore for example.

I vote for the Philippines and Singapore.

I think I would prefer pretty much any region over India or Turkey but realistically they're two good options because their stuff gets subtitled and picked up by places like Netflix.

Okay, I'm pretty much just thinking out loud here, so please bear with me, or just ignore me altogether if you feel like it.

I think what we need to consider before deciding which country to add is: 1) that particular country's output and 2) their drama/movie accessibility to international fans. With that in mind, let's look at the countries that have been proposed:

1) India: I know nothing about their dramas, but Indian movies are easily available for international fans. The problem is, their movie industries are so huge. Obviously Hindi movies from Bollywood are the most popular, but they have movies in other languages as well, which are just as productive. TL;DR Good choice, but maybe not practical given the sheer number of its output.

2) Turkey: Easily available shows (and movies) via Netflix and other streaming sites. Good choice but technically not an Asian country, so idk

3) Phillipines: Might be the most feasible, not to mention that their dramas are recently becoming more popular and are available on various streaming sites.

4) Singapore: They have quite a lot of good shows, as far as I know, but I don't know about their availability for international fans.

5) Vietnam: I don't know much about their dramas or movies to comment about it.

6) Indonesia: Er, I'd rather not.  We have some good movies, but you can just use IMDB/Letterbox/the like for cataloguing. The less said about our TV series, the better.

Did I miss anything?

Excellent analysis  kura2ninja.  Terima Kasih.

P.s I love Indonesia! 

Thank for your input everyone. We're going to make up our minds in the upcoming days and will decide by this Friday. Our goal is to start adding content from whatever country we choose this weekend. We will need all the help we can get so that we can add many titles and actors from this particular country when the time comes. 

I vote for Singapore or India. They have pretty good movies. 

Philippines please!

Okay. In my opinion the  criteria should be 

(1) The number of shows available with english subs. I say shows because places like youtube will probably have some movies from the countries nominated. Although I suppose we are talking about sites dealing with dramas and movies such as kissasian.

(2) That there is at least one place where these shows are available for free to people from any country.  Places like Netflix, Dramafever, Viki will have stuff available to you depending where you are.

So That's why I repeat my nomination of Singapore.

It's specifically because of this site. 

http://www.irisxi.com/

Although it doesn't totally fullfill my criteria.  For instance some stuff is no longer online, and some stuff has no english subs.  In some cases that won't matter because the dialogue is in english. 

I counted 328 entries in what is termed dramas. Although in some cases that  would be second seasons. But leaving India and Turkey aside for reasons already given by others, I don't think you will find any website dealing with countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc that will have as much available as here. 

They have a small amount of movies. But as far as I can make out these are tv movies. 

Skye-N-Rain:
Thank for your input everyone. We're going to make up our minds in the upcoming days and will decide by this Friday. Our goal is to start adding content from whatever country we choose this weekend. We will need all the help we can get so that we can add many titles and actors from this particular country when the time comes. 

And did you guys make up your minds yet? Are we going to hear about it later in the future till everything is decided?

Singapore, most dramas are either in english or chinese.

Philippines & Turkey

I'm personally against adding Turkey and India (I like their films and dramas though). 

I think adding either of Singapore/Vietnam/Malaysia would be better.

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Ceki:

I'm personally against adding Turkey and India (I like their films and dramas though). 

I think adding either of Singapore/Vietnam/Malaysia would be better.

I agree with Ceki. 

Let's us add database from a similar region rather than jumping Indian or Turkish content. We can start with Southeast Asia, then venture to other regions such as South Asia. Moreover, I have seen more people try to add Singaporean, Filipino, and Vietnamese to MDL, than Indian and Turkish content.