What 10 movies would you recommend me to watch? Check my list for the ones i've already seen.
Yellow Tears - Coming of age story of 5 boys.
Yatterman - Funny and based on the anime.
Battle Royale - Violent but great message
Deathnote - Good if you don't want it to follow the anime. I liked it.
Cyborg She - Great story just the right mix of everything.
Virgin Snow - Romance about a Korean/Japanese couple. The lack of comunication makes it intresting how they convey things
I fell in love with a cyborg - Rain insane.. A bit off buut I find its directing and story very interesting..
Shaolin Soccer - If you liked CJ7 this is by the same guy and funny!
Kisaragi - About a fan club that gathers to mourn the passing of an idol and there connections.. Rather a touching movie.. I think it is filmed in one room the whole time. It is a very speach driven movie.
The Blue Flame - great great story.. I love this movie.. I am not sure how to explain it though.
Shaolin Soccer is win! I've seen it several times.
Battle Royale: I've heard of it but never seen it. I'm not one for gore though.
Thanks for your post !
Most of those can be found online but there are many classics like Samurai Se7en and Ran that are hard to find and great to watch.. Oh and Tetsuyo... weird...movie.. because of it we had stuff like Matrix..
From the list of your plan to watch:
Death Note-I think its a must..
Beck-Its okay, if you watched the anime, you might be a little disappointed, but its still worth a watch.
Nana- It follows, but doesn't follow the Manga/Anime..watch it and you will see, its good tho.

Others:
Drop-Looks stupid, sounds kinda of like Crow's Zero, and there are similarities, but its decent depends what your into.
Crouching Dragon Hidden Dragon
Curse of the Golden Flower
Bandage- It caught alot of grief, but it was a decent movie.
All three 20th Century Boys

I don't rank alot of movies highly, I tend not to enjoy most of them, because they just seem to rushed..
oooppps couple of typo's... its Crow Zero.. and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Ooh Sophies Revenge. Heard amazing things about that. Also, i remember Going by the Book was a good movie to watch so i'll check that out as well. Thank you everyone <3 Hope to see more recommendations as well.
Please watch the Death Note movies! Especially L: Change the World! :D I thought they were spectacular.
Kaiji was a really exciting movie to watch for me since I watched it not long after the Death Note movies and the actors of Light and L are both in it.
Koizora is a very emotional movie dealing with high school love and the like. Cute but here's a warning--it's reaaaaaally sad! But definitely worth watching.
Kung Fu Hustle!!!! You will laugh your pants off!

By the way, I see a forum group for Japanese, Korean and Chinese stuff, but is there a category for Hong Kong films/movies? I don't see it...
Ok so I've only seen Korean movies and one Thai movie, but they've been so good, so I'll recommend those for you.

(Also, it's a little more than 10, but I don't think you'll mind. :))

My Girlfriend is an Agent This movie is hilarious! It has Kang Ji Hwan in it and he plays the dorky and funny character so well here.

The Beast and the Beauty I LOVED this movie. It's obviously a take on the Beauty and the Beast, but it's about an average (although the movie tries to play it off as ugly) looking guy who starts dating a blind girl. She finds out she can get surgery to get her eyes fixed....hilarity ensues. I absolutely adored this movie. Oh, and Shin Min Ah is in it. I like her to begin with, so this movie wins for me. :D

He Was Cool This is a classic Korean rom com and has Song Seung Heon (from My Princess) from like 7 years ago. It's a cute movie that barely touches on some serious subjects, though they don't delve into them.

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti DoThis movie has Jang Geun Suk from a few years back. Music-themed and this movie was able to make me cry a little, but I won't say why.

Too Beautiful to Lie This movie has Kim Ha Neul and Kang Dong Won. Was not a huge fan of both before this movie, but they make this movie gold. You must see this, it's hilarious.

Finding Mr. Destiny This is a relatively recent movie with Gong Yoo, fresh from the army. It's cute and cliched, ends a little abruptly, with a unexpected surprise, but still worth watching. I may be biased here though, cause I love Gong Yoo. But c'mon....how could you not.

Kiss Me, Kill Me This movie is a little dark, still funny, but different from the rest. It's a little weird, but worth it. It's a little older so the video quality might not be fantastic either, but it's about a girl who wants to kill herself, but keeps failing. She hires an assassin, and when he realizes what's going on, he refuses to kill her. They keep meeting and it's great fun to watch their characters unfold before our eyes.

My Dear Desperado Another one of my favorites! It's also got a weird vibe feeling to it, but these kinds of movies satisfy me. About a girl who loses both her job and boyfriend, then moves to a shady place. Her next door neighbor is a gangster and there characters collide. Very funny.

Virgin Snow This movie has Lee Jun Ki in it. About a Korean boy moving to Japan to live with his father. There he meets a Japanese girl and they fall in love despite the language barrier. Cute and sweet drama, with a decent amount of angst coming from the girl's side of the relationship because of her family situation.

Romantic Island This movie has a number of Korean stars in it, and is about three couples (who don't know each other) on a trip. It's cute to watch the three very different types of couples and there is a story arch that covers all three couples. One of them is to be killed by an assassin but the assassin doesn't know which one. Much different in quality compare to other types of movies that try to tell the story of various couples, this one is great. Plus it's got some of my favorite actor/actresses like Lee Soo Kyung and Lee Sun Gyun.

The Legend of 7 Cutter Oh wow, this movie is HILARIOUS! It's a high school movie, but definitely not a romcom. Yes there is romance, but a little bit. It's about a boy who transfers to a new school and has the same name as an infamous high school gangster. He keeps accidentally getting mistaken as him, despite his constant denials. Hilarity ensues.

Wow, a long post. But I absolutely adore Korean movies and these are all worth checking out. :D
Thanks msrules im off to add some of these to my list :)
you've watched more movies than i have but this I recommend: Kamikaze Girls
I forgot to add a movie, but you can't find it on the MDL database. It's a Thai movie called Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

There's a thread about it: http://www.mydramalist.com/forum/showthread.php?257-Crazy-little-thing-called-love

It should probably be moved to the General Asia forum. It's a GREAT movie. Cute, sweet, surprising. It's got a really good romance and growing-up story. I don't want to say coming-of-age cause it's not exactly that. But a must watch nonetheless.
10 (Japanese/Korean/Chinese/HongKong/Taiwanese) Movies that i recommend:

Japanese:
Confessions
Death Note
Hachiko Monogotari
Handsome Suit
Kaiji
Kencho no Hoshi
Lovely Complex
Nada Sou Sou
Nobody Knows
Tokyo Girl
+Bonus The Must See Movie:
The Grudge 1, 2, 3, 4

Korean:
100 Days with Mr.Arrogant
200 Pounds of Beauty
Antique Bakery
Baby & Me
Castaway on The Moon
Descendants of Hong Gil Dong
Frivolous Wife
My Little Bride
Speedy Scandal
Too Beautiful To Lie
+Bonus Have to See Movies:
Marrying The Mafia 1, 2, 3
My Wife is a Gangster 1, 2, 3

Chinese:
Contract Lover
Curse of The Golden Flower
Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame
House of Flying Daggers
Marry A Rich Man
Red Cliff 1, 2
So Close
The Knot
Till Death Do Us Part

Hong Kong:
Don't Go Breaking My Heart
Drunken Master
Gorgeous

Initial D
Kungfu Hustle
Love on A Diet
Rob-B-Hood
The Shopaholics
The Myth
Twin Dragons
+Bonus Must to See Movies:
Fight Back to School 1, 2, 3
Infernal Affairs 1, 2, 3

Taiwanese:
Hear Me
Kungfu Dunk
[B]L-O-V-E[/B]
Miao Miao
My DNA says I Love You
One Day
Secret
Right, I forgot about Antique Bakery. What a great movie. It was the second thing I saw Joo Ji Hoon in after Goong, and it was after this movie that I really thought he could act. Such an interesting and unique movie, not a romance, but very interesting. Plus, Yoo Ah In is in it as well, so :D