CDramaLove:

Can anyone recommend a Japanese Historical drama? Seems like a draught out here with not much Chinese & Korean dramas to watch :-)

I would recommend Kirin ga Kuru and Hotarugusa.

That's quite surprising and funny that you're saying  that there aren't  much Chinese historical dramas this year compared to last year. 17 in less than 3 months it's huge from my "almost only watching sageuk" point of view (and 36 last year is just insane !). ^^

Me I'm just waiting for new sageuk, wishing that it will not be a rom/com, which should be the case thankfully for Bloody Heart.

CDramaLove:

Can anyone recommend a Japanese Historical drama? Seems like a draught out here with not much Chinese & Korean dramas to watch :-)

Not a drama, but a movie: https://mydramalist.com/31298-kingdom

De sequel will come out in July. There are also 3rd & 4th installments planned.

And I recommend all Rurouni Kenshin movies

I’ve officially found my people! Just paid for VIP access and found this amazing club in the forum section. I have a lot to read back on! 

sara mi so:

I’ve officially found my people! Just paid for VIP access and found this amazing club in the forum section. I have a lot to read back on! 

Welcome! :)

@Estell: my theory is that they have invested a lot in censored-BL dramas that are supposed to come out this year, and with the regulations are forced  to shelve them all now, hence the draught. 

I’m also more for quality than quantity. I’m getting more and more picky with what I watch and drop dramas quicker now. I’m not gonna invest 40-50 hrs of my time for mediocre dramas that don’t grab my attention. 

awkward potato:

Japanese historical dramas (taiga) are usually shown yearly on NHK. You can take a look here. I don't usually watch taiga, but I can recommend Japanese historical movies instead. 

My personal fave is definitely Rurouni Kenshin (the whole series) coz I’m a fan, but if you throw me anything regarding the shogunate era/Shinsengumi, I’ll give it a try coz I’m fond of the historical figures duringthat time period.

Thank you so much! Love this group. 

kYuBin:

That's quite surprising and funny that you're saying  that there aren't  much Chinese historical dramas this year compared to last year. 17 in less than 3 months it's huge from my "almost only watching sageuk" point of view (and 36 last year is just insane !). ^^

Me I'm just waiting for new sageuk, wishing that it will not be a rom/com, which should be the case thankfully for Bloody Heart.

kYuBin:

Thanks so much! I feel like a drought because, firstly I am watching Royal Feast and that’s nearly finishing also episodes were not daily. Like Royal Feast, Blue Whisper has bad subs. So just thought I would try something new. ? Secondly, I only discovered my love for C Dramas during Covid and so had a lot of older dramas to watch. Now that I have caught up watching new releases takes an adjustment. 

Vya van Velaris:

Not a drama, but a movie: https://mydramalist.com/31298-kingdom

De sequel will come out in July. There are also 3rd & 4th installments planned.

And I recommend all Rurouni Kenshin movies

Thank you so much !

I made a badge ^^

CDramaLove:

Nobunaga Concerto - funny time travel jdrama with Oguri Shun. There is a movie as well.

JIN -time travel jdrama where a doctor goes back to the Edo period. They made a season 2.

Definitely the Rurouni Kenshin movies

Somehow it only recently clicked for me that Historical Dramas are truly my favorite. I never thought about it too much previously lol but I'm excited to join the club and go through all the recs and discussions :)

meowRM:

Nobunaga Concerto - funny time travel jdrama with Oguri Shun. There is a movie as well.

JIN -time travel jdrama where a doctor goes back to the Edo period. They made a season 2.

Definitely the Rurouni Kenshin movies

Thank you!!!

RandomUsagi:

I wanna join ^^ 

Welcome! As you can see, the club is not always active. ;)

Feel free to start a discussion or ask sth. 

Mon - heyhotshot2_:

I made a badge ^^

Bai Lu in The Legends is legendary for sure. I love her kick-ass costume here. 

Classes are currently kicking my ass so I haven't had much time to watch anything new or discuss dramas.  But I've continued watching General & I, I'm on episode 25. I feel like it's getting better from what I initially thought about it hopefully it'll stay that way lol. 

Hopefully everyone's having a great day~