p43425:
So point #1:  MDL ratings may be skewed by people that rate the first episode or two, then drop the series.

p43425:
point #2: MDL ratings may be skewed by factors like moral disapproval or "triggers"

These are good points and not ones I would have necessarily picked up on. In the case of Middleman's Love I'm guilty of the first point. I could barely get through the first 3 EPs and because of my disappointment after the long anticipated wait for this series only to watch what I saw as a hot mess, I gave it a low rating. I don't regret it. 

With a series like Playboyy, I already know I have a low tolerance for graphic scenes (whether it's sex, violence, gore, bullying at it's worst - more extreme situations) so I won't start it in the first place,  As an average human with many flaws, I'm sure morals, prejudices, or triggers might certainly influence my rating, consciously or not. 

Thanks for sharing and giving me a fresh perspective behind the numbers. :-)

p43425:
I'm usually most interested in whether it's enjoyable, whether the protagonists are engaging, and whether it's a nice love story.

Yes to this. The key to how enjoyable it is varies on what, if any, conditions or criteria the viewer might need for the series to fulfill that level of enjoyment. Of course it's different for each viewer. 

p43425:
He is our "Wiki-ChunMo".

That's cute :-)

p43425:
"Red threads" (nothing to do with "red flag") are used for various things in Asian cultures. In "Until We Meet Again" it has to do with reincarnation.

Ahh okay, I see. :-) Thanks for your explanation. So it is something like a destiny and soulmate and connection across time (and space) - if I understood it right? So for example you can say that there is a red thread in "The Sign", too? I guess? :-) 

I find this really interesting. Maybe it is another favorite trope/topic for me. Awww *being excited

I like the thought that things and encounters in life happen for a reason and/ or have a meaning. 

Jazz for Two

I liked this series so much that I finished it this morning, after staying up last night to watch as well. However, I do agree with other watchers that more episodes should have been given to end it properly and for story credibility. 

For example, one ep. ends with Tae Yi assaulting (and not the first time he attacked Se Heon) and degrading Se Heon, then the very next ep they are sitting together playing the piano and smiling. Like wth? And the story of Jooha, the bully, was never really revealed nor his growth shown onscreen, so when they all play as a group in the last ep. it didn't ring true for me.  And Se Heon's dad just disappeared with hardly any resolution regarding Se Heon's choice of music or an understanding btw them.

Still, a very compelling drama. 

American Fan:
I do agree with other watchers that more episodes should have been given to end it properly and for story credibility. 

i fully agree with you about the serie, i wish it was longer and less rushed

Magnoliee:
Maybe I should take a look at it. To be honest I prefer it when all episodes are already there because otherwise I get a little impatient.

I also usually wait till the end or at least until 3-4 episodes are out ... but "Only Moo!" is so adorably cute that I couldn't resist.

And now I have the same dilemma with the start of "We Are" tomorrow: "To wait or not to wait, that is the question."

Simi_Tutu:

I will add this to my watch list; it looks like an easy watch.  Only eight episodes 

yeah :)

APRIL BL DRAMA CHALLENGE 

Day 2 - Fav BL drama

Impossible to choose :-(

But after some thought and doing the eenie meanie minie mo game, I pick Not Me

It's not the lovey dovey soft or cute and fun series that I often like, but the opposite. Edgy, suspenseful and unpredictable are an unforgettable combination for me. 

Chun Mo Rionnag:

These aren't recommendations as such; this is just a list of dramas that are supposedly in production. Not having seen any of them, I cannot recommend them. They are listed to they appear as airing on my MDL calendar. I also list the dramas from other countries on TV Time for the same reason.

My bad. I guess it was just an unfortunate choice of words :)

p43425:

He is our "Wiki-ChunMo".

By the way, I love all ten of the BLs you list for Magnoliee at the bottom of p. 657. I can't say whether they'll all be to Magnoliee's tastes, but these are all definitely to my own tastes.

Haha >.<

I love them all too :)

American Fan:
his bluish hair. I love it. 

IKR!! I thought I was the only one, haha... I just LOVE his hair!! Most people when they go for blue dyes, they just dye it in a shade of blue that makes me wonder if their sole objective behind dying their hair was to blind other people. And as a violently passionate lover of the colour, I take serious offence when they make a shade of blue that makes the colour look bad...
His dye, on the other hand, is BEAUTIFUL!! I love how dark that blue is, and the styling makes it look even better... I love the stylist for styling his hair that way...

P.S. I know you didnt really expect such a long response for such  what might be to you, a passing statement and I am sorry for the same, but I really, really did like his hairstyle very much > . <

p43425:
MDL ratings may be skewed by factors like moral disapproval or "triggers" that usually aren't relevant to me

I love how you own it, LOL > . <

OnyxTheHedgehog:
After seeing ur rant maybe I should just not watch it at all?

That's right, you should not... its really not worth the time, imo... you can watch only boo! and sooo many other BLs instead of watching that... trust me, you arent missing out on much... 

Magnoliee:
Thanks for the information. Maybe I should take a look at it. To be honest I prefer it when all episodes are already there because otherwise I get a little impatient. :D 

I envy your kind... as long as the episode has been released, it literally beyond me to not watch the released episode, if I like the show... and then, I put myself through the self-imposed torture of waiting for 7 days and when the next episode finally arrives, I dont learn from my previous torture session, instead I again jump the gun and wait with bated breath for the next episode to release... so yes, I am definitely jealous of your kind, who has the self-control not to watch the next episode, even when you know its just a couple of clicks away >.<

American Fan:
APRIL BL DRAMA CHALLENGE

Day 2 - Fav BL drama

Mine is Taikan Yoho, hands down :)
Its not like I dont love my other BL babies, but this one is my go-to drama no matter what my mood is... whether I am happy, sad, angry or just murky... its always taikan yoho for me :)

@Magnoliee

Re: Semantic Error

I can tell why u loved that scene haha it was really funny

I also love how he keeps teasing Sang Wu (taking his favourite seat, buying his fav drink until it runs out, etc) it’s just hilarious lmao

@Sruthipriya mahesh (re: Playboyy) 

Noted. I’m not dying to watch a bunch of smut with no actual story so I guess I’ll let go of this one :) 

Sruthipriya mahesh:

I envy your kind... as long as the episode has been released, it literally beyond me to not watch the released episode, if I like the show... and then, I put myself through the self-imposed torture of waiting for 7 days and when the next episode finally arrives, I dont learn from my previous torture session, instead I again jump the gun and wait with bated breath for the next episode to release... so yes, I am definitely jealous of your kind, who has the self-control not to watch the next episode, even when you know its just a couple of clicks away >.<

Wow I thought I was the only one :0 glad I’m not

This is literally the most relatable comment I’ve seen all week istg 

I actually never learn from my mistakes lmao I always put myself through that same torture too haha (it’s obvious if u look at the CW list, I’m watching a bunch of airing dramas rn, and will probably add We Are to the list when it comes out tmrw)

American Fan:
APRIL BL DRAMA CHALLENGE

Day 2 - Fav BL drama

For me, it's The Untamed. This one really stayed with me for a long time. And the way I watched it was so different. I found that I couldn't binge watch. I would watch 1-2 episodes a day then digest. There was just so much going on. It was very intense. And when it was over, I looked into their BTS and anything else I could find on YT. It's been 7 months, and I still find myself looking at shorts of Wei Ying and Lan Zhan on YT.  Please send help....

p43425:
And now I have the same dilemma with the start of "We Are" tomorrow: "To wait or not to wait, that is the question."

Ohh yessss. Wait or not to wait, dare or not to dare. :D 

I make a funny suggestion, maybe we all should watch the "We are" tomorrow together. :D (Everyone in their own timezone but you know what I mean^^). A forum's watch mission. :D lol

Sruthipriya mahesh:
I envy your kind... as long as the episode has been released, it literally beyond me to not watch the released episode, if I like the show

Oh I do understand. :-) It's the other way round for me that I can't stand it to only watch one episode and then have to wait... haha O.o 

For example I've watched the show "Physical 100" season 2 on Netflix when it was released and I did not like it that I had to wait until the next episodes were released, lol. 

And this might sound funny, but I am afraid of forgetting the storyline when I have to wait a week for the continuation. And I like it to immerse myself into a drama and the emotions and the mood of the drama - but immersing myself into a drama is only possible for me when I can watch a few episodes in a row. :-) 

OnyxTheHedgehog:
@Magnoliee

Re: Semantic Error

I can tell why u loved that scene haha it was really funny

Yeah I love that. I am happy you enjoy it! :-)