2019 Watch Challenge Discussion

This discussion has been closed.

I just signed up today Feb 21.   Am I able to include stuff I watched from Jan 1 forward?  Just want to double clarify.   thx in advance!

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 JoanneSmith:

I just signed up today Feb 21.   Am I able to include stuff I watched from Jan 1 forward?  Just want to double clarify.   thx in advance!

Change the date of sign-up to be Jan 1.

Hessa:

Change the date of sign-up to be Jan 1.

Ok gotchya.  thanks.

zeamays:

I went through the 2017 thread and rounded up all the movies people watched that year for the category that no one mentioned here yet:

I'm sure there are more out there, but I agree, they're not that easy to find.

I went ahead and created a custom List and put all these 3hr+ movies recommended here in this 2019 discussion by you and @Hessa and others,  as well as out there in the forums that I saw.   https://mydramalist.com/list/VLQmeoNL

thanks for looking all these up from last year

Is it from any country? If yes.. Can I added a hollywood movie or any other country outside Asia ? I watched many recently 

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 missjb21:

Is it from any country? If yes.. Can I added a hollywood movie or any other country outside Asia ? I watched many recently 

Only content on this website. So, no Hollywood, Bollywood, etc.

Just curious if users can participate more than once in the challenge if they already finished their challenge earlier in the year?

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 So-Dramaddict:

Just curious if users can participate more than once in the challenge if they already finished their challenge earlier in the year?

No, just once. You will be creating more work for me to check and add your name twice in the list of people who finished the challenge.

Someone deleted a sign-up post.  It must have been close the the beginning because I'm on page 4 and it affected me (and therefore will affect at least everyone downstream of page 4).  So if you're a person who plans ahead what to watch, check to make sure your challenge categories for who is above and below you or on the same page are still correct (although I'm sure if you already finished the category and put an explanatory note that it was correct before things moved, it's completely fine).  I just had a moment of total confusion though, lol.

Tip:   How to see the last 50 shows you've watched sorted by date
Until the regular Completed list allows you to sort by date, this work-around comes in handy especially when you are tracking the shows you've watched, lets say,  in 2019.    

Go to Settings, then select Widget from the items at the top. Once in there, on the right, change the Status to Completed, Change the Number of Updates to 50. Click on Update.  On the left hand side you will see a list of what you completed sorted by date with the most recent being at the top. Its cool.

(If you want to see more or less  than 50,   change it to whatever number that suits you)

Hi,  

I was wondering whether someone could give me a tip how to find a drama/movie that hasn't been reviewed

gravity_:

Hi,  

I was wondering whether someone could give me a tip how to find a drama/movie that hasn't been reviewed

I picked a Thai drama to watch. Look up countries other than Korea to watch. Most Thai dramas (the unpopular ones) don't have reviews. If you want to watch movies only check out movies from China, Taiwan, or Thailand. Narrow your search by choosing earlier dates. Hopefully, you'll be able to find something. 

For the "Watch a completed variety show." Does this count I Can See Your Voice: Season 1?

Or does it not since it's still airing but on different seasons?

Lifunia:

For the "Watch a completed variety show." Does this count I Can See Your Voice: Season 1?

Or does it not since it's still airing but on different seasons?

It counts.  As long as it's a show with distinct seasons listed separately, it's fine

zeamays:

It counts.  As long as it's a show with distinct seasons listed separately, it's fine

Thank you so much for the reply :)