i'm sick so probably gonna heat up some soup

Feel better!

its actually me love:

i'm sick so probably gonna heat up some soup

Chicken filet, in a sauce made with chicken stock, masala spice mix*, lemon juice, fresh ginger, coconut powder, onion, garlic and parsley. 

Served over plain rice. 

First I sautéed the chicken breasts in olive oil, after I only pepper & salted them, until lightly brown. Set aside in a plate, I prepared the sauce: I sautéed the onion, then the green onion and the ginger, and finally the garlic, added the chicken stock with some water, and as soon as it started boiling I added the lemon, the coconut powder and 2 tablespoons of milk (I didn't have coconut milk, so I used regular milk; this+the coconut powder was my pathetic excuse of the usual coconut milk in many recipes, but it worked!!). After it cooked for a few minutes, I added the chicken, roughly diced, along with a tbs. of flour to thicken the sauce. I left it to cook, and when it was ready I added the parsley.

This was worth it!! It's in the top 5 most tasty chicken I had ever had, and I'm not exaggerating!!

*I actually made something resembling masala spice mix myself, using this recipe for garam masala as a guide. But I lacked some ingredients, some others I only had in powder form, and the general ratio was different, and I also added hot paprika flakes (bukovo) & garlic powder. The main problem is that currently I don't have a blender or a spice mill, so I added them on a mortar and ground them manually, little by little. It took hours, and my hand is still hurting!! I definitely don't recommend doing it this way!!! :D

@Estelll thx for the link to that garam masala recipe. I’ve been meaning to experiment with it and bought some premixed package,  but i am not sure its the right flavors i was expecting.   

JoanneSmith:

Feel better!

Thanks ♡ 

I had to make a new soup because I was out, the recipe is based on a Russian dish Seljanka but probably a bit remade to fit the Swedish palette.

I cut leeks, carrots, potatoes, pasnip and celeriac into small bite sized pieces and then fried them on low heat without giving them color. Then added a couple of cloves of pressed garlic, tomato purée, fish stock cubes, bay leaves, thyme and ofc water. I let it simmer until the vegetables are soft and then I remove the bay leaves and thyme. I cut salmon free of skin and bones into 2-3 cm cubes and then added it to the soup with capers, zest from a lemon, salt and pepper. 

When the salmon is cooked it's done, I usually serve it with bread, parsley, black olives and Turkish yoghurt.

It's really easy and takes tops 30-35 minutes, and the soup is the best thing when sick. The taste gets even better with time, and you can basically add whatever you like to the soup it's perfect for days when you need to use a lot of stuff that's been left in the fridge. 

btw the pictures aren't mine just got them from google to show the dish

@lovefo  that salmon soup sounds delicious.  Am gonna have to try it. Does the salmon break up eventually or mostly stay intact in cubes?

JoanneSmith:

@lovefo  that salmon soup sounds delicious.  Am gonna have to try it. Does the salmon break up eventually or mostly stay intact in cubes?

I try to put it in the last minute and not overcook it to much but it's a inevitable problem for me since i often do such a big pot that stays hot even after taking it of the stove. But it stays together a lot more if you cut bigger pieces and then cut it whenever you have it in the plate. 

@Estelll and @its actually me love wow those recipes sound delicious! @loveof I tried looking for Seljanka recipes online and from what I could gather (cause unfortunately a lot of them were not in English) I think I like your version better. Will definitely be trying out both. Thanks for sharing!

Found Thai green curry paste at Walmart the other day so I plan on making green curry tonight. Doubt it will be anything close to authentic but hopefully ends up alright. 

Tonite : chicken fried in combo of flour and potato starch (which I've picked up from watching a number of korean cooking shows. )  It sure makes for a nice texture in addition to crispy.  Plus juicy on inside.  Anyway....

Had a side dish of roasted carrots , sweet potatoes and regular potatoes  all cut into French fry shapes  and tossed with fresh dill, S&P, and olive oil.  

Salad with blueberries and carrots

My son is home-off the plant diet for lunch today.  

Soft Tacos with lots of romaine lettuce and tomatoes.  Guacamole and refried beans. :)

Chicken fried rice