penel:

I haven't read much from J.D.Robb yet, but this is one of my fave genres, so I'll be looking forward to your feedback :)

Yes, and that's my motivation to complete this book :D 

Ebisuno92:

This is what I want to start (February):

The Red Sari by Javier Moro

I bought the book years ago in preparation for my MA thesis. I only read selected chapters. Never had the time to go through the whole thing. It is basically a biography of the Nehru-Gandhi family.

Please let me know how it was.  :)

Another Stranger :

《My February pick》

'All The Light We Cannot See' by Anthony Doerr
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18143977-all-the-light-we-cannot-see

I've been putting off reading this one as it's a slow burn story & an emotionally demanding one but I want to complete this one in winter (cuz the mood...ok, it's hard to explain)

Its quite a hard read, not about the 530 pgs, but the painful plot (I'm super sensitive & could perhaps leave my tears on every page) But I've decided to take it on, so there's no turning back. 

"I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over & through me. And when it has gone past, I'll turn the inner eye to see its path. When the fear has gone, there is/ will be nothing. Only I will remain" 

- Frank Herbert in the book Duke.

Wow!  You quoted Frank Herbert!  Nice :D

His Dune series was one of my first sci-fi books, epic stuff!

Sudarsh Cherry Magicated:

I love these kind of books.. but I haven't read many in English..  so don't kno where to start.. Let me know your views after reading it.. 

Sure. Will give my  feedback. :)

Drama Fairy :

Please let me know how it was.  :)

I will for sure provide my feedback at the end of the month :)

Neaa:

I haven't picked a book but I'm putting a placeholder. 

-- Febraury pick --

I'm starting with a web-novel (28 chapters). I still need to search for a book otherwise.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-used-to-be-alone-until-i-meet-you/

As long as we read, a novel or a web-novel is just as good xD

penel:

As long as we read, a novel or a web-novel is just as good xD

If that counts, I read over 50 cnovels in the last year *Pat's my own back*

Neaa:

If that counts, I read over 50 cnovels in the last year *Pat's my own back*

Now you're making me feel jealous & guilty for not reading more than 2 non-work related books :(

Hello, everyone.

For February, I will read Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch. I don't know how to put picture, sorry. 

Few hrs. after penel and I talked, my sister handed me this. It's like she knew I'm gonna join a reading activity haha. Anyway, I'm looking forward to start this. 

kaisrexci:

Hello, everyone.

For February, I will read Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch. I don't know how to put picture, sorry. 

Few hrs. after penel and I talked, my sister handed me this. It's like she knew I'm gonna join a reading activity haha. Anyway, I'm looking forward to start this. 

sound cute! [our sisters know us better than anyone else xD]

penel:

sound cute! [our sisters know us better than anyone else xD]

yeah, it's a quite big paperback, never heard this. I'm excited.

Completed between December and Jenuary "METRO 2033", first book of a trilogy set in a post-apocalyptic metro of Mosca. I played all the videogames so I wanted to know how the original story was. Half great, half repetitive and boring :/

My 2021 February Reading Shelf

Classic: WAR AND PEACE, in italian "GUERRA E PACE"

Modern Classic: TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, in italian "IL BUIO OLTRE LA SIEPE"

penel:

Now you're making me feel jealous & guilty for not reading more than 2 non-work related books :(

Those are all guilty pleasures and very short. Pretty sure you'd complete them over a weekend.

I've heard about  "METRO 2033" some years ago, but you're making me hesitant to add it in my PTR list :)

Both of your picks are great! On the heavy philosophical, historical and emotional side, but really worth reading! 

Neaa:

Those are all guilty pleasures and very short. Pretty sure you'd complete them over a weekend.

When I was younger and single, I could read a book a day... now I'll be happy to finish a book a month xD

['guilty pleasures': why focus on 'guilty' and not on 'pleasures'?]