Thank you for joining my watch parties for season 1!

INFO Alice in Borderland:  SEASON 2 WATCH PARTIES

Hey everyone!

I know it's probably going to take a while for season 2  to come out, but you can subscribe to the thread https://mydramalist.com/discussions/imawa-no-kuni-no-alice-2/58031-watch-party-season-2-tba or comment there if you want to receive notifications  for the next watch parties

As I mentioned before, I'm planning on continuing the J-dramas/movies watch parties. 

I want to continue to watch and discuss with others J-Dramas. We don't have to limit ourselves to dramas. I'm open to suggestions.

We might start watching something during the holidays! 

You can find more information here:  https://mydramalist.com/discussions/japanese-drama-movies/57865-the-j-dramas-watch-party-club 

(You can subscribe to that thread for notifications and updates by clicking on the eye or you can comment! )

Usually, we use the chat function because it is less distracting. It is difficult to find times that suit everyone, but even if you can't join every session, the experience to watch something together is always quite fun.  

I know some people felt like they have to know me to join our watch parties, but everyone is welcome! Don't feel like you have to know me, or Cherry Magic or Alice in Borderland. :)

We are going to watch High&Low together next, but here is a list where you can vote and suggest dramas.  

https://mydramalist.com/list/4KoW7nm4

General Info:

Hello! So Netflix is going to drop the whole season 1 at once. I'm thinking about splitting the 8 episodes into either 3 or 4 watch parties. Depending on what you would prefer. You don't have to join all the watch parties. If you want to watch more episodes at once, you can do that. But unfortunately, I don't have the time to watch them at once.  At our watch party, NO SPOILERS ARE ALLOWED. 

Hello everyone! Our watch parties for the J-drama Cherry Magic have been quite successful and so much fun, so I thought why not try it for other J-dramas? I know that Cherry Magic seems to have a quite magical fanbase on MDL, but I'm pretty sure it could also work for other shows.

I'm going to use the Discussion board and comment section for updates/news. You can subscribe to the discussion thread if you want to get notifications.

If you are interested, please let me know.

Hi! I would be down to join this (and the Cherry Magic watch party!). I think the whole entire season will be dropped all at once though!

Looking forward! Sounds fun!!

Hi! I’d like to join as well ♡

Awesome! I'm trying to figure out how to manage it since it's the whole season and the episodes are probably longer than 25 minutes lol 

Would people down to watch the first episodes together? I don't know if I  actually have the time to watch all of them at once :D I'm trying to figure out a good time as we are probably all from different time zones

Would you be fine with splitting the episodes into like 3 Watch parties?  If someone has a suggestion/idea please let me know.  

I'm fine with that! I have finals coming up soon so as much as I want to binge all at once I think separating it into a few different days!

Yeah I think splitting the watch parties would be better

kay:

I'm fine with that! I have finals coming up soon so as much as I want to binge all at once I think separating it into a few different days!

I can relate to this lol 

I mean people can still decide to watch episodes on their own if they want to binge it all at once. They don't have to watch all together with the watch party group :) I think it would make sense to split the episodes into either 3 or 4 watch parties. 

You can put in your time zone here, https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?pl=1&lid=2950159,1850147&h=2950159&date=12/10/2021%7C3&hf=1

so I can see how different the time zones are. I might use doodle or make some suggestions for a time. It can be difficult to plan when everyone is from different time zones

UPDATE:

Hello! So Netflix is going to drop the whole season 1 at once. I'm thinking about splitting the 8 episodes into either 3 or 4 watch parties. Depending on what you would prefer. You don't have to join all the watch parties. If you want to watch more episodes at once, you can do that. But unfortunately, I don't have the time to watch them at once.  At our watch party, NO SPOILERS ARE ALLOWED.

Please use this time zone planner https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?pl=1&lid=2950159,1850147&h=2950159&date=12/10/2021%7C3&hf=1   and put it in your time zone.

So I can get an overview of the time zones. I might use doodle after having an overview to find a date or make 2-3 suggestions. You will always find the latest update here. 

Hello everyone! I read that one episode is 42 minutes long. I think we could watch 3 episodes together in our first session. It would be like watching one movie :D

I  think there are two options. I would either do it right after my Cherry Magic Watch party for episode 10

What do you think?

I vote for the 11th, those of us watching CM would need time to recover from episode 10 lol

I personally would be more flexible on friday too but ofc I respect the majority's choice ^_^

achiara:

I vote for the 11th, those of us watching CM would need time to recover from episode 10 lol

I personally would be more flexible on friday too but ofc I respect the majority's choice ^_^

I know, I personally would prefer the 11th as well! I was afraid that some people don't want to wait lol

also yes, recovering from cherry magic takes a lot of energy :D

I’ll be free on the 11th as well since I’ll be done my classes for the week~ 

I'll look into joining ^^ posting here so that I can get notified by MDL if something new happens

@everyone

Alright: if you think about joining our watch party please direct message me your time zone/location. I'm not sure if everyone can add dates on their own. If it's already in worldtimebuddy link I provided or close to it, you don't have to message me.  I will try to find some possible dates.  I will try to come up with 2,3 date suggestions I think

https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?pl=1&lid=2950159,1850147,264371,2464470&h=2950159&date=12/11/2021%7C4&hf=1