Hi hi!!

I've been mainly watching Kdramas but I want to branch out especially to Japanese dramas. Anyone got some recommendations for more recently released dramas???

I definitely prefer ones with comedy, of course romance, preferably a strong female lead and it'd be even better if it has action, fantasy or horror (or all three!). 

Thank you in advance!!

I just finished

todome no kiss 

Final cut (if its done being subbed)

99.9 is only subbed to episode 5 so far

Last year hmmm

Code blue (but you should watch the older versions season 1 and 2 and then last years 3)

I Want to Eat Your Pancreas was excellent but it is a medical movie

Ashi Girl

Good morning call though the first season came out in 2016 the sequel came out in 2017

Gintama

Boku, Unmei no Hito desu-with this one the romance is meh but the bromance is excellent

ok if you want more let me know those are my recommendations from 2018 and 2017

We Married as a Job (2016) - comedy, romance, and a strong female lead! One of my all time favourite dramas ever and a BIG award winner in Japan too so this one definitely comes highly recommended :D

Toki wo Kakeru Shojou (2016)- comedy, romance (a little bit) , strong female lead, fantasy (time travel)! This one is only 4 episodes and the story has been adapted many many times, but it's still a cute short drama!

Those are the only recent ones I've watched that fit (at least half of) your criteria! If I can think of any others I'll let you know!

Unnatural

The memorandum of Okitegami Kyoko

Jimi ni Sugoii

OldAnimeLady:
I Want to Eat Your Pancreas was excellent but it is a medical movie

does it have a happy story/  ending ?

yukitomo:

does it have a happy story/  ending ?

Sort of....its still a good movie it is medical by definition someone is going to die, but the resolution is good for the main character....does that help without spoiling?

• We married as a job
  • It's Not That I Can't Marry, But I Don't Want To
  • Todome no kiss
  • Boku Unmei no Hito desu
  • Sekai ichi muzukashii koi
  • Kahogo no Kahoko
  • Today's Kira-kun
  • Gomen, Aishiteru (the remake of I'm Sorry I love you)
  • Family's Form
  • Aogeba Toutoshi
  • Ouroboros
 sailorscout:
I definitely prefer ones with comedy, of course romance, preferably a strong female lead and it'd be even better if it has action, fantasy or horror (or all three!).

This one has all your criteria except romance (well it has a hint of it but nothing more)

Keizoku: SPEC

Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu -  We Married as a Job

Love Shuffle

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

All RomComs. I usually only watch RomComs

OldAnimeLady:
Sort of....its still a good movie it is medical by definition someone is going to die, but the resolution is good for the main character....does that help without spoiling?

xD i really need happy endings right now .. can you spoil it please ( is the main characters loved one is going to die ? is there a lot of sadness and tears ?)

Omg thank you so much for all these recommendations, you guys!! I’m so excited to try them out!!

sailorscout:

Hi hi!!

I've been mainly watching Kdramas but I want to branch out especially to Japanese dramas. Anyone got some recommendations for more recently released dramas???

Thank you in advance!!

https://mydramalist.com/26160-todome-no-kiss

ROMCOM ACTION FANTASY

https://mydramalist.com/26485-repeat

ROM ACTION FANTASY

https://mydramalist.com/23814-aishite-tatte-himitsu-wa-aru

ROM ACTION

I'm not very familiar with the dramas but I literally just finished watching a Japanese romance movie and I am in love. in case you are interested, the movie's name is; Kurosaki kun no Iinari ni Nante Naranai

Last Cinderella

Date

Hana Yori Dango- it's older but its a classic

Hotaru no Hikari

April Fools- its a movie but really enjoyable (comedy, romance, action)

Sorry this may be a little confusing to look at, but anyway, I inserted links in the titles so click on them if you're interested (ツ)-b

Recently released:

Yutori Desu Ga Nani Ka (2017) slice of life/drama/romance, aka: "We're Millennials. Got a problem?"

Blue Spring Ride (2014) drama/romance/slice of life/high school

Kakekomi (2015)historical/comedy/drama/femenism/love

Wood Job! Easy Life in Kamusari! (2014) comedy/slice of life [Eccentrically hilarious!! Has a similar comedic and visual aesthetic to a Wes Anderson film, but is still unique in its own way]

Ouroboros (2015)thriller/melodrama/manga adaptation [highly recommended for the feels! Although it is probably not as powerful as the manga, it has the most powerful feels in comparison to any other J-drama I have seen so far and the first to make me cry in my experience.]

Nobunaga Concerto (2014)historical/fantasy/drama/manga adaptation

Our Little Sister (2015) slice of life/drama/family

Classic titles (I'm sorry, but you gotta get through the classics man!!):

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (2007) comedy/drama/love/high school/eccentric [cross-dressing, indefatigably industrious female lead]

The Twilight Samurai (2002) – historical/drama [Is a classic masterpiece! Must watch! Interesting portrayal of men and women in a historical era in Japan.]

Bunny Drop (2011)slice of life/drama/comedy/anime adaptation

Heavenly Forest (2006)melodrama/slice of life/romance/manga adaptation