Winner_is_King:

I'm sorry but ep 14 was so disappointing. Like have they just cut out the bit where Jing was supposed to make a web lace hammock?? So will they just not include the whole travelling thing?? Also CX wasn't even supposed to be there :')

Lol yeah, a lot of people complained about it,heck they even complained about Jing’s proposal that was supposed to happen.c-netizens and people on twitter were very disappointed 

Winner_is_King:

Helping TSH kill Jing is just too much T T

But the real culprit will be Xing Yue but in CX’s illusion it’ll be him and XY will kill herself in end cos of the grieve & betrayal she felt

FTCU:

Lol yeah, a lot of people complained about it,heck they even complained about Jing’s proposal that was supposed to happen.c-netizens and people on twitter were very disappointed 

Happy I still have the book but I really wanted to see it in action. It's just a few extra sentences... won't cost the director another 10 dollars

FTCU:

But the real culprit will be Xing Yue but in CX’s illusion it’ll be him and XY will kill herself in end cos of the grieve & betrayal she felt

Leaked script again huh

Honestly I wished it was CX :)

His jealous face makes me happy ngl

Winner_is_King:

Leaked script again huh

Yeah, whole thing is a mess. The drama itself has had bad editing from the beginning smh. I don’t think I’d rewatch it from ep1 when it’s done airing.

Winner_is_King:

Leaked script again huh

I don't mind seeing a very obviously jealous CX, his journey from mild jealous to completely craZy jealous. The show is I guess showing what was only implied and then all of a sudden revealed in the novel.

The only scene that I really don't think he needed to be in was when they were out gazing at the stars/camping. That totally could have just been XY and Jing.

Anyway, I know some disappointments for us novel and Yaojing fans, but there are some moments from ep 10 onwards that I have liked so far as far as it relates to Yaojing:

1. Jing helping XY to look at the lantern again to see what XL wrote on it to give her another perspective on her parents.

2. Jing pouring water on XY's hands to help her treasure what she had with the King of Haoling (his letters and his affection for her) - this was also in the novel, glad it made it onscreen

3. Jing teasing XY when they returned from gathering herbs.

4. The almost proposal scene: yes, it didn't happen, but I like Jing's reaction. Before, he probably would have been super disappointed and mopey. While he is clearly disappointed, he also shows that he trusts in XY and can wait.

5. Jing's monologue regarding how close XY and CX are: he understands how much CX means to XY. If only CX could respect and understand how much Jing means to XY and just LET IT BE.

Anyway, any others you all can think of?

FTCU:

I’m just saying that, CX’s will be going DARK. You couldn’t tell in the novel but in the drama,you can absolutely see how his facial expressions keeps changing whenever XY & Jing are getting lovey dovey. It looks like he’s on the verge of snapping.

and ZWY im sure is playing it so well conveying CX's change to the viewers

Sunbath12 

Exactly, the drama has chosen the route of showing more of his change to the audience. In the novel, his true intentions and feelings regarding XY and what he did to Jing are kept under wraps until later, and as a reader of the novel for the first time, that impact is great when it all comes out.

I suppose the astute reader could guess earlier on what was going on with CX, but now with the drama, things are very apparent. I think it's a necessary choice because with the drama, a lot of the viewers have already read the novel and know where he is headed. Making it a huge aha moment like in the novel would not work, so they have decided to depict his gradual descent into crazy obsessive mode.

i got your point here. there's a difference bn reading the lines of the book and looking at how it plays out visually in the drama esp for how CX changed eventually making the mistake that'll shake his relationship w XY 

(I really like crazy ZWY lol)    wanted to say i do too lmao coz i wanted to see how he will play CX s2 

I'll have to watch ep 13-14 to see how it plays out for myself.

me too coz ive only seen some clips. ill have to see the whole episodes for Xuan's scenes tho as a yj fan, feeling uncomfortable is natural, it is for me when they've removed a lot and some changes don't make that much sense 

MimiLy 

Someone need to compile a list of scenes that was robbed from us haha.
What I currently recall atm but I know there's way more:

was trying to but it hurts more... thanks for this tho. (˃̣̣̥ᯅ˂̣̣̥)

Anyway, any others you all can think of?

ill get back to this later @Sunbath12, thanks for sharing! 

Lol, the show was asking for it. Too many scenes with CX added in.

FTCU:

Yeah, whole thing is a mess. The drama itself has had bad editing from the beginning smh. I don’t think I’d rewatch it from ep1 when it’s done airing.

If they make another complication for the two like in S1 I'll be watching it over and over again :)

warning to those who haven't caught up w the episodes like me lol. not sure if this was on 13-14 or 15? haven't seen the episodes and previews of the next coz i just came from weibo looking for some pics, vids, and came across these... so if you want to check these, go but maybe be prepared to think of it as just the drama and try not to think abt the book idk how much it'll help tho (˃̣̣̥ᯅ˂̣̣̥)

https://weibo.com/3765946064/OnQq43xjp

https://weibo.com/3765946064/OnQfVr9bn

https://weibo.com/7798262987/OnQV9qoGx

soTreeD 

if you come back to the thread, can you share the part where xy meets her real parents w Jing and her dad, their journey, starting from when Jing went to ask permission to include XY on the trip... you can make two or three posts or just one long of that whole part, thanks!! sorry for asking you to do that again, am curious, is your source same as the eng we all know abt or is that from the orig coz tho it's the same as the eng, saw some little differences or maybe it's just me lol

edit- sorryyy don't post this part from the book til we're done w that scene in the drama thanksssss i just said we try to forget the book and here i am asking abt it... 。⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠。

dtsj_sapphire:

warning to those who haven't caught up w the episodes like me lol. not sure if this was on 13-14 or 15? haven't seen the episodes and previews of the next coz i just came from weibo looking for some pics, vids, and came across these... so if you want to check these, go but maybe be prepared to think of it as just the drama and try not to think abt the book idk how much it'll help tho (˃̣̣̥ᯅ˂̣̣̥)

https://weibo.com/3765946064/OnQq43xjp

https://weibo.com/3765946064/OnQfVr9bn

https://weibo.com/7798262987/OnQV9qoGx

I think these are all from 14. It's definitely a big change from the novel as far the setting and who goes there, but I think we'll have to wait until 15 to see how it all works out.