windiaaa041293:

@H19279

It reminds me, that every time she's with Jing, she's always drunk.

I added the first part of the text where XY observed him as a gentleman like gold, like tin, like jade. I also re-edited the explanation. 

This is another Easter egg!

H19279:

I added the first part of the text where XY observed him as a gentleman like gold, like tin, like jade

yes..I've seen it. Thank you very much.
I think these two poems are important, they are clues.
why can koalas just miss it?

Where are these poems from? I don't really get it, can someone please explain it to me? 

blabla100:

Where are these poems from? I don't really get it, can someone please explain it to me? 

That is a piece of the novel chapter 6 that is not in the koala translation.

SC: kah

未解相思时,已种相思,刚懂相思,尝的就是相思苦,本以为已经吞下了苦,可没想到还有更苦的。

小六走到璟面前,微笑着轻叹:“我姑酌彼金罍,维以不永怀!我姑酌彼兕觥,维以不永伤!”从死到生,让我姑且放纵一下吧,那些悲伤的事情就不想了。

此句出自《卷耳》:

采采卷耳,不盈顷筐。(采呀采呀采卷耳,半天不满一小筐。)

嗟我怀人,置彼周行。(我啊想念心上人,菜筐弃在大路旁。)

陟彼崔嵬,我马虺隤。(攀那高高土石山,马儿足疲神颓丧。)

我姑酌彼金罍,维以不永怀。(且先斟满金壶酒,慰我离思与忧伤。)

陟彼高冈,我马玄黄。(登上高高山脊梁,马儿腿软已迷茫。)

我姑酌彼兕觥,维以不永伤。(且先斟满大杯酒,免我心中长悲伤。)

《卷耳》是一首闺中怀远之诗,说的是妻子思念远方打仗的丈夫。谁在打仗?在思念谁?此时小六刚经历了轩柳的大战,在俞府刚清醒过来,一直在挂念着相柳,即使在梦中也是,终究是入了梦~

为何看到璟可以让小六想暂且放纵一下?因为璟就是她的抗抑郁药呀。

还记得小六为了给麻子筹钱结婚而上山采药,碰到了什么吗?那一次,小六碰到了解忧兽朏朏(相柳),叶十七给她找来了抗抑郁的植楮草(叶十七)。这俩功能真的贯穿全文,这里就不展开说了。

四日后,木樨林中,一张木樨木做的卧榻,璟躺在榻上。
绚烂的阳光从树叶中晒下,落在他身上时,温暖却不灼热,恰恰好。
小夭刚洗了头,跪坐在榻旁的席子上,一边梳理头发,一边哼唱着歌谣:“南风之薰兮,可以解侬之思兮!南风之时兮,可以慰侬之忆兮……”
璟缓缓睁开了眼睛,凝视着眼前的人儿,云鬓花颜、皓腕绿裳,美目流转、巧笑嫣然,他眼角有湿意。
小夭自顾梳着头发,也没察觉璟在看着她。
静夜端了碗解暑的酸梅汤过来,看到璟凝视着小夭,她手中的碗掉到了地上。小夭看向她:“你没事吧?”
静夜指着璟:“公子、公子……”
小夭立即转身,和璟的目光胶着到一起。
小夭膝行了几步,挨到榻旁:“为什么醒了也不叫我?”
璟道:“我怕是一场梦,一出声就惊走了你。”

“南风之薰兮,可以解侬之思兮!南风之时兮,可以慰侬之忆兮”

改编自《南风歌》:

南风之薰兮,可以解吾民之愠兮 。(南风清凉阵阵吹啊,可以解除万民的愁苦。)

南风之时兮,可以阜吾民之财兮 。(南风适时缓缓吹啊,可以丰富万民的财物。)

小夭这句话可以翻译为:南风清凉阵阵吹啊,可以缓解我的思念,南风适时缓缓吹啊,可以慰藉我的回忆。

南风是(东)南边的风,此时小夭在中原的木樨园,东南边是清水镇,所以小夭在思啥忆啥?

另外,此时璟还昏迷不醒,小夭自顾自地梳着头发,唱着思念心上人的小曲,连眼前人醒了也不知道,有没有一种身在曹营心在汉的感觉?

夭柳的感情真的越品越有味道哈~

https://www.zhihu.com/question/28457508/answer/2534592452?utm_id=0

blabla100:

Kaola translation did not included this part in the Chinese original text. the translation itself lacked some clue keywords too.

there are 4 poem sentences.

in the Vietnamese translation that i read, they are included but i didn’t pay attention. i found those poem sentences odd and out of the context. Now digging further into it, it revealed the author’s intention- XY’s decision 

Kim MC:

Beautifully said!  I honestly believe that Xiang Liu had never known love or interest in another immortal being before Xiao Yao stumbled in his path.  He was a loner and chose the warrior's story over one of intimacy, and then fate intervened.  The absolute best authors or playwrights pen a narrative that could split off in at least ten directions.  "If Xiang Liu had confessed his feelings...", "if Cang Xuan had chosen love over power and manipulation..." are two directions the plot could go, and the story would be just as engaging to the viewer. That being said, Xiang Liu is one of my favorite characters to date, both in writing and being expertly acted by Tan Jian Ci.  His nuanced portrayal of Xiang Liu opens a small window of understanding into the machinations of both the pursuit of loving Xiao Yao and keeping her at a distance.  I'd love if they would devote another drama to this character.

but he has nine live na , so he can come back .  I think he will come back in season 2 , but  once in this drama it was said that you have nine lives but only 1 heart , so what if he doesn't love her after reborn, coz he had one heart and its lost .

@windiaaa @H19279

Oh I see, thank you guys! 

Thinking about it, the fact that Voodoo kind told XL that he has 9 lives but only 1 heart could imply that the bugs are meant to love someone wholehearted, so XY couldn't love Jing too. 

此句出自《卷耳》:

采采卷耳,不盈顷筐。(采呀采呀采卷耳,半天不满一小筐。)

嗟我怀人,置彼周行。(我啊想念心上人,菜筐弃在大路旁。)

陟彼崔嵬,我马虺隤。(攀那高高土石山,马儿足疲神颓丧。)

我姑酌彼金罍,维以不永怀。(且先斟满金壶酒,慰我离思与忧伤。)

陟彼高冈,我马玄黄。(登上高高山脊梁,马儿腿软已迷茫。)

我姑酌彼兕觥,维以不永伤。(且先斟满大杯酒,免我心中长悲伤。)

《卷耳》是一首闺中怀远之诗,说的是妻子思念远方打仗的丈夫。谁在打仗?在思念谁?此时小六刚经历了轩柳的大战,在俞府刚清醒过来,一直在挂念着相柳,即使在梦中也是,终究是入了梦~

为何看到璟可以让小六想暂且放纵一下?因为璟就是她的抗抑郁药呀。

还记得小六为了给麻子筹钱结婚而上山采药,碰到了什么吗?那一次,小六碰到了解忧兽朏朏(相柳),叶十七给她找来了抗抑郁的植楮草(叶十七)。这俩功能真的贯穿全文,这里就不展开说了。

四日后,木樨林中,一张木樨木做的卧榻,璟躺在榻上。

绚烂的阳光从树叶中晒下,落在他身上时,温暖却不灼热,恰恰好。

小夭刚洗了头,跪坐在榻旁的席子上,一边梳理头发,一边哼唱着歌谣:“南风之薰兮,可以解侬之思兮!南风之时兮,可以慰侬之忆兮……”

璟缓缓睁开了眼睛,凝视着眼前的人儿,云鬓花颜、皓腕绿裳,美目流转、巧笑嫣然,他眼角有湿意。

小夭自顾梳着头发,也没察觉璟在看着她。

静夜端了碗解暑的酸梅汤过来,看到璟凝视着小夭,她手中的碗掉到了地上。小夭看向她:“你没事吧?”

静夜指着璟:“公子、公子……”

小夭立即转身,和璟的目光胶着到一起。

小夭膝行了几步,挨到榻旁:“为什么醒了也不叫我?”

璟道:“我怕是一场梦,一出声就惊走了你。”

“南风之薰兮,可以解侬之思兮!南风之时兮,可以慰侬之忆兮”

改编自《南风歌》:

南风之薰兮,可以解吾民之愠兮 。(南风清凉阵阵吹啊,可以解除万民的愁苦。)

南风之时兮,可以阜吾民之财兮 。(南风适时缓缓吹啊,可以丰富万民的财物。)

小夭这句话可以翻译为:南风清凉阵阵吹啊,可以缓解我的思念,南风适时缓缓吹啊,可以慰藉我的回忆。

南风是(东)南边的风,此时小夭在中原的木樨园,东南边是清水镇,所以小夭在思啥忆啥?

另外,此时璟还昏迷不醒,小夭自顾自地梳着头发,唱着思念心上人的小曲,连眼前人醒了也不知道,有没有一种身在曹营心在汉的感觉?

夭柳的感情真的越品越有味道哈~

@liddi..

Please please translate it in English.. please help

windiaaa041293:

Taspia:

Are these two posts similar? Since the post are very long and has 2 separate content. I will divide it into 2 posts. 

Before you understand lovesickness, you already feel lovesickness. When you first understand lovesickness, you taste the bitterness of lovesickness. You thought you had swallowed the bitterness, but you didn’t expect that there would be more bitterness.

Xiaoliu walked up to Jing, smiled and sighed softly: "...,. ..! ..., ...!" from death to life, let me indulge for a while and forget about those sad things  

These bold sentences come from the poem 《卷耳》 ['Curly ear plant'  from Classics of Poetry]. @Windiaa041293, only 3 parts of the full poem was included in your post. I will use the explanation with that in your post and some other references. Therefore, it may differ from your post a bit for the explanation. I also will add the origin of that poem according to my source. 

卷耳: Curly ear plant, Xanthus, an annual herbaceous plant of the Caryophyllaceae family, the young seedlings are edible, and the seeds can be used in medicine. [1]

采采卷耳,不盈顷筐。pick up again and again the curly ear plant, for half a day it is less than a small basket . 
嗟我怀人,寘彼周行。 Alas, I miss my sweetheart, and the vegetable basket is abandoned by the side of the road.
陟彼崔嵬,我马虺隤。 I want to climb the high earthy mountain with rock coverage, my horse is fatigued and depressed.
我姑酌彼金櫑,维以不永怀。And I first pour wine from a golden pot to drink to avoid longing and sorrows.
陟彼高冈,我马玄黄。I want to climb the high mountain ridge, my horse is too weak to move forward
我姑酌彼兕觥,维以不永伤 And I pour wine in a goblet made of rhino horn to drink to avoid unending heartache
陟彼砠矣,我马瘏矣。I want to climb the high rocky mountain with soil coverage, my horse is too ill to move on
采采卷耳,不盈顷筐。my sevant is too exhausted to continue, how to lament now.

"Curly Ear plant" is a poem about a woman's longing for her husband who fought in the distance*. Who is at war? Who are you missing? At this moment, Xiaoliu had just experienced the battle between Cang Xuan and Xiang Liu and  just regained consciousness in the Yu Mansion. She had been thinking about Xiang Liu all along, even in her dreams, and XL ultimately had entered her dream.

Why could seeing Jing make Xiao Liu want to indulge for a while? Because Jing is her antidepressant.

Do you still remember what Xiao Liu encountered when she went up the mountain to collect herbs to raise money for Ma Zi's marriage? That time, Xiao Liu met the worry-relieving beast Fei fei (Xiang Liu), and Ye Qi found her the Zhichu grass# (Ye Qi). These two functions was discussed in detail in another entire article, so I won’t go into detail here. 

(*): based on [2] the poem consists of 4 chapters, each chapter has 4 sentences. The poem was about a concubine's longing for Wen Wang (king Wen of Zhu) who went far way. There is no detail information for the trip: it can be business trip, fighting or being imprisoned.

(#): Zhichu grass:  a species of grass. The book "Classics of Mountain and Sea", part "Zhongshan Jing" writes: "This grass has leaves similar to the leaves of anemones (also known as winter anemones, a popular vegetable in ancient times in China), red flowers and crops bean-like fruit, called zhichu, has the effect of curing scrofula and lethargy. 

H19279:
Are these two posts similar? Since the post are very long and has 2 separate content. I will divide it into 2 posts. 

Was about to take a look when I noticed your post. Thank you very much for picking this up, especially since I will not have that much time going forward.

H19279:
"Curly Ear plant" is a poem about a woman's longing for her husband who fought in the distance*. Who is at war? Who are you missing? At this moment, Xiaoliu had just experienced the battle between Cang Xuan and Xiang Liu and  just regained consciousness in the Yu Mansion. He had been thinking about Xiang Liu all along, even in his dreams, and XL ultimately had entered his dream.

Not forgetting the arousal both Xiao Liu and Xiang Liu felt when he drank her blood in the pool.

liddi:

Not forgetting the arousal both Xiao Liu and Xiang Liu felt when he drank her blood in the pool.

We forgot to mention one of the reason for that: XL was badly injured when he could lose control and revert to basic instinct. hahaha. And XY is half demon, isn't she? She is only half deity.

Xiang Liu raised his head to look up at the star-filled sky and the hazy moonlight “Aren’t you scared one whit? You should know a demon is a demon, when gravely injured will lose control and revert to basic instinct. I could have sucked you dry!”  (Chapter 43)

ThatElysiansoul:
but he has nine live na , so he can come back . I think he will come back in season 2 , but once in this drama it was said that you have nine lives but only 1 heart , so what if he doesn't love her after reborn, coz he had one heart and its lost .

Welcome!

We will get Fang Feng Bei and Xiang Liu back in season 2, but ....

I'm pretty sure most of these reincarnation / reborn stories they come back with the same heart, even if they don't have the same mind.  Or in XL's case, mindS. ;p

H19279:
We forgot to mention one of the reason for that: XL was badly injured when he could lose control and revert to basic instinct. hahaha. And XY is half demon, isn't she? She is only half deity.

That's an interesting point. Though I would still venture to say that it was the "a sliver of numbness, a delicate sensation of pleasure mixed with the pain, like someone was sucking, licking and lightly kissing. " that aroused her, rather than her injuries.  Not to mention seeing Xiang Liu, "the corner of his lips stained with blood, his eyes darkened, his breathing slightly laboured. ". Certainly not something she would easily forget.