liddi:
Xiao Yao meeting Xiang Liu outside Dragon Bone Prison, his melancholy that with the Xuan Yuan and Gao Xin alliance, the Shen Nong army would be the next target; Xiao Yao and Jing's passionate interlude and Xiang Liu's anger and grief when he sensed it.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2775749&page=141#p2775749

Hi, I missed this content. 

What the hell is the script writer's intention?

So they tried to incorporate the event of East Sea after XY knew about the truth of the Lovers' bug in this scene. They completely changed the feeling nature and intention of the novel content. They made it from a special, itimate moment when their heart synchronized with each other, side by side and enjoyed the merfolk's love song which only the 2 of them could hear, their unspoken love questioning/confirming  into XL's ruthless words about using XY as a chess pawn, a insuarance card for his life. The timing of the conversation is also changed from before the war (chapter 37) to the end of Xuan Yuan - Gaoxin war (Chapter 40).

And after that, they made XL look miseable with the furious and grief emotion when sensing the passionate kiss between XY and Jing. How many time had XY kissed Jing before (if I remember correctly, they kissed each other several times)? Did they try to imply that this kiss was different (very passionate with bliss feeling? and if so, why didn't the bug bite back?) or XY became really in love with Jing? C'mon! Did they make the scene that XL drank wine to congratulate the reconcile between WXL and YSQ? 

Next, 

liddi:
HJ: Tell me, is there a purpose to our perseverance?
XL (coolly, clear-headed): No matter how many stand in the way, I will forge ahead.
HJ: Alright!

Hong Jiang's eyes immediately cleared up, and he laughed heartily. 

XL insisted on the fighting while Hongjang became reluctant with continuing the hopeless flight against Xuan Yuan. When combining all these scenes in this episode, it would give the impression that XL was a suicidant. He was so disappointed about losing love that he wanted to end in death in a kind of glory way. How bitter and miserable he became!

In the end of the season 2, XL did not have to save XY another time due to her suicide. He took her blood just to make her unconscious in order to break the bug later. Then he could die in the battle. Done!

If this is the way the drama pursued, I am speechless. Such betray to the character. How could TH approve this treatment to her favourite character?

liddi:
Though I would still venture to say that it was the "a sliver of numbness, a delicate sensation of pleasure mixed with the pain, like someone was sucking, licking and lightly kissing. " that aroused her, rather than her injuries.

No, what I mean and XL's words implied is when they were injured, their mind controlled barrier was lower and their basic instinct drove their behavior. They were attracted by each other in their basic instinct (without thinking, controlling by their mind). Both of them felt arousal because of basic instinct. 

H19279:
If this is the way the drama pursued, I am speechless. Such betray to the character. How could TH approve this treatment to her favourite character?

Money! She already sold the novel's right for adaptation; depending on the terms, she may not have any say in how it gets adapted. Having her as part of the writing team is just a way to give their adaptation legitimacy.

This leaked script is an abomination of the original novel. Part one wasn't perfect, but it stuck with the novel, part 2 is a complete deviation from the spirit of the novel and its characters. But who knows? Maybe this was her intention all along and the drama just gives her the means to make it clear. I'm too tired to even feel outraged anymore.

HeadInTheClouds:

Money! She already sold the novel's right for adaptation; depending on the terms, she may not have any say in how it gets adapted. Having her as part of the writing team is just a way to give their adaptation legitimacy.

This leaked script is an abomination of the original novel. Part one wasn't perfect, but it stuck with the novel, part 2 is a complete deviation from the spirit of the novel and its characters. But who knows? Maybe this was her intention all along and the drama just gives her the means to make it clear. I'm too tired to even feel outraged anymore. 

Yikes.

Leaked script Ep17 scene 6

[Cang Xuan prepared to attack the Shen Nong resistance army.]

CX: Hong Jiang and the Shen Nong resistance army under him have been entrenched in the vicinity of Qingshui town for hundreds of years, and are a bane to Xuan Yuan. Do any of you have any solution to handle this?

In the presence of the old Xuan Yuan king, all who were present remained cautious, and no one spoke up.

XYK: The fact that this problem was never resolved during my reign is a knot in my heart. Out of filial piety, Cang Xuan purposely summoned all of you here to discuss this. Go ahead and speak your mind without worrying about me.
Li Yuan (paying respects with clasped fists): I will go first since I have crossed swords with Hong Jiang several times! Over the past hundreds of years, we have battled with Hong Jiang continuously, but it was sporadic guerrilla warfare, never a large-scale outbreak of war. Once they make a successful attack, the Shen Nong resistance army would flee. Divide and conquer, then retreat deep into the mountains. If we retreated, we would lose; if we advanced, we would need to expend a lot of energy to hunt them down, but it is extremely challenging to search in the vast mountains and difficult terrain.
CSFL: What about training up spies from the deity tribe and intensifying the searches?
LY (shaking head): We've tried that but it didn't work! In high mountains and deep forests, it is difficult to navigate the winged mounts so deity tribes do not have any advantage, and can only rely on searching on foot. However, what the Shen Nong resistance army wants is exactly for us to go deep into the mountains. Xiang Liu is extremely cunning, launching sneak attacks without any direct confrontation, wearing our troops down, depleting morale...
Yu Jiang: It is indeed extremely difficult if you can't even detect your enemies.
Ju Mang: How about setting up formations?
LY: Xiang Liu is among the greatest masters in formations. The formations we set up are often easily destroyed by him, and the moment we are not careful, it ends up being used to their advantage.

Everyone present furrowed their brows in deep thought, their expressions pained at the enormity of the task, except for Ru Shou who remained calm, not once saying a word.

CX: Senior brother, do you have any good ideas?
RS: No good ideas, but I do have one stupid one.

Everyone looked at Ru Shou in confusion.

RS: Xiang Liu's military genius is one that is hard to come by, and it is difficult to go against the intelligence of his nine heads without easily exposing our weaknesses. Since Xiang Liu is skilled in defeating his enemies no matter how sophisticated their moves, why don't we do the opposite and use a stupid method instead.
CX (comprehending): Using the might of one strong man to defeat ten skilled ones.
RS (nodding): Your Majesty is now the master of the Great Wilderness, with talented men and military might at your disposal. The Shen Nong resistance army is like water without a source, rootless trees. If Your Majesty is willing to wait, the word "siege" is enough.

As he spoke, Ru Shou raised his hand and circled Qingshui town's location on the map to signify cutting off the town, making it an isolated area. All present nodded their heads in agreement.

CSFL (approving): Brilliant idea, Brother Ru Shou! It is no wonder I could never defeat you on the battlefield.
RS (humbly): You flatter me. It is Brother Feng Long who is too modest.

The old Xuan Yuan king who had been silent all this while, suddenly interrupted.

XYK: Although what Ru Shou says is true, Xiang Liu is indeed a rare military genius and Hong Jiang is a legendary general. As such, it would be a shame to kill them. It would be best if they could be convinced to surrender.
LY (shook head, sighed): It's been hundreds of years. Your Majesties have attempted to convince them to surrender multiple times without any success.
Lirong Chang: Xiang Liu has long made his decision clear that he would rather die than surrender.
Everyone (echoed in assent): That's right! It's impossible!
CX: I know it is extremely difficult, but let's try one more time! Else it would always be a source of regret.
CSFL: Your Majesty, you could let my father try.
XYK (nodding): ShenNong Yi is the best person for the job.
CX: Alright! In that case, let us trouble him to make a trip to Qingshui town.

This is followed by the scene where ShenNong Yi tried to persuade Hong Jiang to surrender to no avail, and the latter explained why he continued to persist in his stance, for the sake of the Shen Nong citizens who chose long ago to lead a new life under Xuan Yuan rule.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2780597&page=158#p2780597 

MengXiang:
For that reason I don't believe it's too out of characters. He would let his daughter marry whoever and still give CX throne so the great wilderness isn't in peril. His daughter can do whatever they want because they have a powerful daddy.

You have a point there - thank you for reminding me. It is true that he treated the two matters as separate. The advantage of the marriage was to give the Gao Xin ministers no reason to protest since Cang Xuan was proposing an alliance by marriage, rather than subjugation. It also gives legitimacy to Gao Xin Shao Hao's decision to abdicate in favour of Cang Xuan after that. I guess if push comes to shove, he could have still chosen to abdicate without the marriage alliance as a precursor, though it would not have been as smooth a transition. 

H19279:
So they tried to incorporate the event of East Sea after XY knew about the truth of the Lovers' bug in this scene. They completely changed the feeling nature and intention of the novel content. They made it from a special, itimate moment when their heart synchronized with each other, side by side and enjoyed the merfolk's love song which only the 2 of them could hear, their unspoken love questioning/confirming  into XL's ruthless words about using XY as a chess pawn, a insuarance card for his life. The timing of the conversation is also changed from before the war (chapter 37) to the end of Xuan Yuan - Gaoxin war (Chapter 40).

There was never any visit to Bai Li to find out the nature of the lovers bug, so there was no intimacy where they listened to the merpeople's song together after knowing what bound them together. By removing the fact that she knewthe intimacy of their scenes post-Qingshui town are either removed, or dialed back to emphasise her ignorance. By the same token, Xiang Liu is then made out to seem more callous and harsh to her so that she never suspects. I think that is the key difference between the novel and the drama. In the novel, she knows, so his strategy is to make her think he only views their relationship as a series of transactions so that she stops holding out hope. In the drama, she doesn't know, and his strategy is to ensure that she never finds out so that she is not burdened when he dies, which means becoming more and more distant with her. 

H19279:
Did they try to imply that this kiss was different (very passionate with bliss feeling? and if so, why didn't the bug bite back?) or XY became really in love with Jing? C'mon! Did they make the scene that XL drank wine to congratulate the reconcile between WXL and YSQ? 

This kiss was apparently very passionate. It does not say whether it led to anything more than that. And yes, the script did not mention anything about the bug retaliating, so my take is that he felt her passion and in the heat of the moment, could not bear the hurt that came with it, hence the throwing away of the tear pearl, which he retrieved after forcibly calming himself down. Since the bug did not retaliate, I guess we are supposed to infer that her heart for him did not change, even though she was hurt by his apparent callousness. And the scene later when he raised his wine bottle in a toast, signifies that he is at peace with his decision, even if it hurts him.

H19279:
XL insisted on the fighting while Hongjang became reluctant with continuing the hopeless flight against Xuan Yuan. When combining all these scenes in this episode, it would give the impression that XL was a suicidant. He was so disappointed about losing love that he wanted to end in death in a kind of glory way. How bitter and miserable he became!

Actually looking back, I did wonder whether I translated the gist of Hong Jiang's question accurately. Perhaps it should have been translated thus:

你说,我们的坚持有意义吗?
Tell me, is our persistence worthwhile?

Rather, it felt more like Hong Jiang doubting whether he was right to persevere in this struggle, especially in the face of the military might of the Great Wilderness, and Xiang Liu's response was that he would not retreat, no matter how many they had to face. To say otherwise was to tell Hong Jiang that he had been wrong all along and he sacrificed their comrades for a meaningless cause. Ep17 scenes 10-11 explains the reason Hong Jiang had been persevering all this time - and it was not just to restore the old kingdom, but to ensure that those who surrendered would be given preferential treatment exactly because there are those who continued to fight against Xuan Yuan. As such, I think that is the real implication behind Hong Jiang's question and Xiang Liu's response.

H19279:
No, what I mean and XL's words implied is when they were injured, their mind controlled barrier was lower and their basic instinct drove their behavior. They were attracted by each other in their basic instinct (without thinking, controlling by their mind). Both of them felt arousal because of basic instinct. 

In that case, I agree. Under normal circumstances, they would be more restrained and circumspect, but their injuries lowered their inhibitions and allowed what was already brimming underneath to come to the fore.

HeadInTheClouds:
She already sold the novel's right for adaptation; depending on the terms, she may not have any say in how it gets adapted. Having her as part of the writing team is just a way to give their adaptation legitimacy.

I am more inclined to think that censorship concerns play a huge role in how the drama was adapted, particularly in what would be deemed as the female lead's lack of morality if she is explicitly shown to be in love with two men at the same time. Since the lovers bug is irrefutable proof that she loves Xiang Liu deep down inside, they got around it by having her never know just how much Xiang Liu loves her. Note how this part of it was emphasised time and again in Yang Zi's interview. She refused to clearly answer whether Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao loved each other, and instead sidestepped it by saying:

"In some ways, everyone was very clear-headed because from the start, they knew that the both of them would never work out. I think we should interpret it in this way, rather than just focusing whether they do love or do not love each other. I think that is not what this drama, or Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao are trying to convey."

In other words, she neither confirmed nor denied that they loved each other.  The other point she kept emphasising was "official pairing". Why not just say Jing was the only person Xiao Yao loved, instead of using such a formal term for it? That tells me that the message of the drama is an important factor that was taken into consideration. 

liddi:
Yup - including when he almost kissed her but then pretended that he was drunk earlier. 

Lovely. Can't say I'm looking forward to these moments. 

liddi:
Not in the purest, selfless sense, no. The way I see it, she wanted to grasp whatever happiness she could get, and if it meant being less happy with Cang Xuan vs being unhappy without him, she would opt for the lesser of two evils, even if it meant sacrificing Cang Xuan's happiness (whatever little he had) to gain it.

I guess I just can't fathom how she could expect to derive any happiness from that dynamic, if she knew he didn't want to marry her and that her choice would cause him (the person she loved) to suffer. 

liddi:
Still, I wish Xiao Yao approached her love the same way, just as I still wish that Gao Xin Shao Hao's plans to enable Fangfeng Bei to marry Xiao Yao could have come true, even if he had to be dragged to the altar.

Their situation seems quite different to me. Cang Xuan didn't have romantic feelings for Ah Nian and she knew it. No part of Cang Xuan wanted to marry Ah Nian, and and Ah Nian knew that being married to her would cause CX to suffer / be less happy (because he didn't love her). But their marriage would benefit both of their people, and Ah Nian seems to think that it will also bring her happiness. 

Xiang Liu on the other hand has deep romantic feelings for XY. I believe that a very significant part of him longed to be with XY forever, and that if his loyalty to Gong Gong and the remnant army wasn't his first priority, he would definitely want to marry XY or (if he wasn't interested in participating in a formal deity wedding) he would at least want to be with her in a life-long, committed romantic relationship. If XY had somehow forced FFB to marry her (putting aside any arguments about how impossible it would be for XY to force him to do something like that) in their current circumstances, I don't think XL would suffer as a result of the marriage itself (since he does love XY). Even if we looked at it through XY's eyes (as a parallel to Ah Nian's perspective), I'm not sure XY would assume that XL would suffer as a result of being married to her.

But he would probably suffer after marrying XY if he felt that the marriage represented a betrayal of Gong Gong and the remnant army. Or if the marriage somehow prevented him from being able to continue to be loyal to them. If he was forced into the marriage, then I feel like things would turn out the same... married or not, as soon as he regained the ability to make his own choices, he would choose to remain loyal to Gong Gong and the remnant army, even if that meant leaving his now-wife. If XY somehow managed to stop XL from going back to the remnant army until after they had been annihilated... honestly I feel like he might hate her for it. It's difficult to imagine that scenario somehow turning into a happy ending for them. 

Now my head is going to interesting places... Have you seen The Eternal Love 2? The timeline from The Eternal Love 1 is interrupted in a way that creates two versions of the ML. The original version of the ML dies while the new timeline version of the ML lives, but the soul of the original version of the ML is transferred to the new timeline version of the ML... so it's more like the souls of the two versions merge / are shared in one body.  https://youtu.be/Z14a6E9QnHQ?si=5pZZJYtn3IwIGNw4&t=691 (the scene where the two versions of the ML talk about their roles before the original timeline version of the ML "dies") and https://youtu.be/ncMg5wiAvmQ?si=4vbS1mUSSRhZVeNn&t=314 (the scene where the original timeline version of the ML's soul is transferred into the body of the new timeline version of the ML, and their consciousness / souls basically merge)

I'm picturing a timeline fracture where there ends up being two versions of XL. One version is basically OG!XL. He was saved by Gong Gong and is loyal to him and the remnant army above all else, even though he also loves XY. The new version of XL is the product of the changed timeline. He doesn't have that connection to Gong Gong and can prioritize his feelings for XY. OG!XL still dies with the remnant army, but after his death his soul is transferred to the body of the new timeline version of XL and their two minds / souls merge. Basically allowing OG!XL to both die with the remnant army and live happily ever after with XY. How's that for a have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too fix-it scenario? ^^

liddi:
I know right? I couldn't quite wrap my mind around Xiang Liu's answer either except what I said earlier, which was perhaps his unwillingness to relegate their dead comrades' sacrifices to nothing, should Hong Jiang give in to his doubts and choose to surrender after so many had died for their cause. 

HJ: In the face of the impending threat, Gao Xin Shao Hao took up arms in bloodstained white robes and held off the Shen Nong army on his strength alone. That battle shot him to fame, and won him the admiration of many young men of the Great Wilderness, I among them. Who would have thought... a day would come where such a man would also surrender without a fight.

Hong Jiang glanced at Xiang Liu, his eyes filled with confusion.

HJ: Tell me, is there a purpose to our perseverance is our persistence worthwhile?
XL (coolly, clear-headed): No matter how many stand in the way, I will forge ahead.
HJ: Alright!

Hong Jiang's eyes immediately cleared up, and he laughed heartily. 

XL viewing their persistence as worthwhile makes sense, because fighting on and not surrendering was important to Gong Gong and the remnant army (for the sake of principle and for the practical benefit to the former people of Sheng Nong). And they in turn were important to him. 

But if Gong Gong  doubted whether their persistence was worthwhile after contemplating Shao Hao willingly passing his throne to CX (i.e., if he basically asked XL if they should follow Shao Hao's lead and stop fighting) it seems insane for the writers to have XL basically say, "No, I'll keep fighting until the end," (i.e., until death or victory... but since victory is pretty much impossible, until death), "no matter what." in that specific context. Because that's basically making XL say that he thinks that he, Gong Gong and the rest of the soldiers that were still alive should die fighting. Even when an alternative option was available. 

Yes he cared about honouring his fellow soldiers' deaths. But would he really think that he, Gong Gong and the rest of the still-living remnant army soldiers should die just to honour them, even if Gong Gong was willing to surrender and move on? Especially when their fight wasn't really benefitting the people of Sheng Nong any more? Would he really shut Gong Gong's doubts down, and basically insist that they (he only refers to himself, but in-context the obvious implication of his words is that the sentiment should apply to Gong Gong and the rest of the army too) keep fighting until everyone died? That doesn't fit my understanding of XL. It basically transfers the blame for Gong Gong's stubborn refusal to surrender to XL. And I hate it. 

liddi:
XYK: Although what Ru Shou says is true, Xiang Liu is indeed a rare military genius and Hong Jiang is a legendary general. As such, it would be a shame to kill them. It would be best if they could be convinced to surrender.
LY (shook head, sighed): It's been hundreds of years. Your Majesties have attempted to convince them to surrender multiple times without any success.
Lirong Chang: Xiang Liu has long made his decision clear that he would rather die than surrender.
Everyone (echoed in assent): That's right! It's impossible!

Again this makes it seem like XL refusing to surrender (and making it clear that he would rather die than surrender) was a choice he made with no outside influences, rather than one that reflected his loyalty and commitment to follow whatever Gong Gong and the rest of the remnant army decided to do. 

If Gong Gong chose to have the remnant army surrender, I'm pretty sure novel!XL would have accepted that decision and surrendered along with him and the army and then helped Gong Gong figure out their transition to civilian life or whatever the remnant army ended up doing next. 

liddi:
ensure that those who surrendered would be given preferential treatment exactly because there are those who continued to fight against Xuan Yuan

AH :
for the practical benefit to the former people of Sheng Nong)

This reason could be relevant during Yellow Emperor ruling or the successor was one of the 2 CX's uncles who prioritized "old" Xuan Yuan people and kingdom. However, CX had different vision. He got political marriage with families in ex-Shen Nong kingdom which also means he tied with people in the Middle Plains. He moved the capital to Shen-nong which would warranty the prosperity of people in Middle Plains. 

Moreover, he didn't attack Shen-nong army the day after he merged Gaoxin into Xuan Yuan. There were a few year gap. So, Gong gong, XL could see the trend of world development. I find the reason to keep fighting to keep checked on Xuan Yuan poor excuse. 

Yes, XL said that if he had killed CX, the trend would have changed. However it would create huge chaos across the whole world. Would it make benefit to Shen nong people or people in the great Wildness in general.? I am afraid not. 

Why was Qin Shi Huang regarded as one of the most influential emperor throughout Chinese history despite his ruthless policy? It was because he could unify all the small kingdoms into one unified country with unified policy, measure etc. Jing could see CX's potential and vision as well as the benefit when the whole world was unified. I think XL could understand it too. 

AH :
Lovely. Can't say I'm looking forward to these moments. 

I'm glad there is so much to look forward to in S2.........

AH :
If XY had somehow forced FFB to marry her (putting aside any arguments about how impossible it would be for XY to force him to do something like that) in their current circumstances, I don't think XL would suffer as a result of the marriage itself (since he does love XY). Even if we looked at it through XY's eyes (as a parallel to Ah Nian's perspective), I'm not sure XY would assume that XL would suffer as a result of being married to her.

No, it won't be a happy ending as Xiang Liu would have to live with guilt for the rest of his life that he was not with them to the bitter end. If Hong Jiang had chosen to surrender, there might have been a chance for Xiang Liu to live on without the burden of guilt and regret. However, if Xiao Yao had understood what that meant (which I believe she did), but still somehow manipulated the situation so that he survived the Shen Nong army, then it would be similar to A Nian's stance in the drama. Xiao Yao would derive some modicum of happiness because the man she loved is alive, never mind how Xiang Liu would feel having to live with survivor's guilt. But this is all a moot point. I remember in one of his interviews, TJC once said that wild horses would not be able to stop Xiang Liu from doing what he had determined he would do (he used the Chinese saying 十头牛都拉不回 ten oxen would not be able to drag him back) and I believe he is right. I just wish he/they had chosen to grasp happiness while they could, even if it could not last. In that sense, I feel that Chi Chen and A Heng were far happier and blessed, despite the tragic end that awaited them.

AH :
Basically allowing OG!XL to both die with the remnant army and live happily ever after with XY. How's that for a have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too fix-it scenario? ^^

Can't view the Youtube links as it is geo-blocked for me but the scenario you described sounds wonderful. However, perhaps that is the point. By taking away the option to come back through another timeline or multiple lifetimes, it makes their choices that much more final, because there is no second chance, no going back to undo any wrong decisions or make up for any regrets, except in the way the old Xuan Yuan king and Gao Xin Shao Hao did. Which then makes me wonder whether I would have found it so hard to move on if Tong Hua had given Xiang Liu a happy ending? Perhaps not.

AH :
Because that's basically making XL say that he thinks that he, Gong Gong and the rest of the soldiers that were still alive should die fighting. Even when an alternative option was available. 

Yes. That scene was poorly written, making it seem as if Xiang Liu, not Hong Jiang, was the one who determined whether the Shen Nong army fought or surrendered, when we know from what he told Xiao Liu in Vol 1 Ch7 (and in the drama) that was not the case. "He was a pathetic fool, leading a group of fools to do pathetic things." The Xiang Liu  in the novel took upon himself his adoptive father's cause even though he knew it was hopeless, even though the soldiers themselves knew the futility of their struggle. 

最后决战的一刻就要来了,所有士兵都清楚自己的命运,但他们依旧义无反顾地选择了这条路。天下太平、百姓安居,他们已经被时光无情地抛弃,成为了多余的人,死亡是最好的解脱,也是最好的归宿。
The moment of the final battle was at hand. All the soldiers clearly knew their fate, but they still chose this path with no hesitation. The world was at peace, the people settled and secure, and they had been ruthlessly discarded by the passage of time, their existence pointless. Death was the best release for them, the best destination.

-- Epilogue

For the Shen Nong army, it was matter of honour, righteousness in fighting for a homeland that was taken away from them. Based on the script, Hong Jiang fought also for the benefit of those who did surrender, even if they chose different paths. And I agree that if Hong Jiang had decided to surrender, the Xiang Liu of the novel would have supported him too, even if he had to live through survivors guilt, like the old Lirong donkey meat seller for the rest of his life. 

I'm going to use some strong, expressive language in this post. Please note that they are not aimed at you, liddi. It's just my strong opinion about this whole situation :-).

liddi:
I am more inclined to think that censorship concerns play a huge role in how the drama was adapted, particularly in what would be deemed as the female lead's lack of morality if she is explicitly shown to be in love with two men at the same time. S

You are a lot kinder and gracious than I am, liddi. 

I was being facetious with my comment about Dong Hua maybe using the drama to make clear her intention (i.e. there's no hidden love story between YaoLiu), but my comment about her potentially having limited control over how LYF get adapted still stands. Her options were maybe to be part of the writing team or not (heck, maybe part of the sale required her to be part of the writing team). Maybe she thinks that by being part of the writing team she can exert a certain amount of influence, but the leaked script showed that whatever influence she had was minimal. So her being part of the production has given this adaptation legitimacy that it wouldn't otherwise have. People can point to her involvement as a stamp of approval. If she wasn't involved it would be easier to say "I wasn't involved so it had nothing to do with me".

liddi:
Since the lovers bug is irrefutable proof that she loves Xiang Liu deep down inside, they got around it by having her never know just how much Xiang Liu loves her

Irrefutable to whom? Those of us who already believe it, maybe, but all the other things act against it. If they wanted to retain this "hidden love", then certain acting/directing choices could have been employed - showed more internal conflict etc. Instead, we get extra scenes to push the "official pairing" and minimize YaoLiu. Words cannot express how much I loathe the scene of Yiang Liu's experiencing YaoJing's intimacy. Drama's Xiao Yao also comes across like an utter moron - what kind of idiot does not even suspects that they have feelings for someone, no matter how much they suppressed it?

liddi:
In other words, she neither confirmed nor denied that they loved each other. The other point she kept emphasising was "official pairing". Why not just say Jing was the only person Xiao Yao loved, instead of using such a formal term for it? That tells me that the message of the drama is an important factor that was taken into consideration.

I won't claim to know Yang Zi's thinking. I will say that she's a veteran in this industry and knows how to skirt the line with fans. She's not going to risk the wrath of the hardcore novel's fans by claiming Jing as the person that Xiao Yao loves or outright refuting YaoLiu. And the drama team's main concern is to be able to air the drama. As I said above, there are other ways for them to skirt the edge, but they've chosen not to do that. If those BL adaptations could somehow skirt censorship, LYF could have done more.

liddi:
She refused to clearly answer whether Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao loved each other, and instead sidestepped it by saying:

"In some ways, everyone was very clear-headed because from the start, they knew that the both of them would never work out. I think we should interpret it in this way, rather than just focusing whether they do love or do not love each other. I think that is not what this drama, or Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao are trying to convey."

Given the censorship, she couldn't really claim otherwise, could she? And I don't agree with her statement (it's PR speech). If there is no established love between them, then the rest of her statement is irrelevant - there would be no need for them to be clear-headed, no need for the sense of regret for what could have been. And the novel wouldn't be what it is.

P.S. I don't blame Yang Zi, she was hired to do a job and she did it. And with the crazies that are out there, it's smart to stay out of the fray. Maybe a bit cheese-off with the director and writers, haven't gotten to the state of pins and voodoo dolls, yet :-). Maybe that will come after watching the second season. Although, I'm having second thoughts about watching it. Should just save myself the aggravation.

H19279:
This reason could be relevant during Yellow Emperor ruling or the successor was one of the 2 CX's uncles who prioritized "old" Xuan Yuan people and kingdom. However, CX had different vision. He got political marriage with families in ex-Shen Nong kingdom which also means he tied with people in the Middle Plains. He moved the capital to Shen-nong which would warranty the prosperity of people in Middle Plains. 

H19279:
Yes, XL said that if he had killed CX, the trend would have changed. However it would create huge chaos across the whole world. Would it make benefit to Shen nong people or people in the great Wildness in general.? I am afraid not. 

I agree. However, their struggle started during the reign of the old Xuan Yuan king, so the reason given in the drama makes sense and is applicable. I also concur that Xiang Liu could also see that Cang Xuan would be the best ruler to unite the entire Great Wilderness in terms of his vision and the sacrifices he was willing to make for it. So in the novel, my impression was always that he still went against the momentum of the world despite knowing the futility of it all, only because Hong Jiang persisted in his struggle against Xuan Yuan. And he would have stopped if Hong Jiang, if the Shen Nong soldiers, wanted to stop. But we see from the epilogue, that they persisted down this road, seeing death on the battlefield as the best end they have chosen for themselves.

One more thing. In the novel, Cang Xuan threatened the future Xiao Yao wanted (one Xiang Liu would go to all lengths to prepare for her) the moment he ordered Jing's assassination. If Cang Xuan were alive, Jing would very well be targeted once he came back after 7 years. That would have been an extra impetus for his attempted assassination of Cang Xuan. The novel itself showed that the assassination attempts stopped after Xiao Yao threatened to go after Hong Jiang, and he himself hinted to her who the real perpetrator behind Jing's assassination was. 

This is where the drama falls apart. By making Xin Yue, rather than Cang Xuan responsible for Jing's supposed death, there is no added reason for Xiang Liu to assassinate Cang Xuan. Not to mention the fact that he apparently played no part in Jing's subsequent survival and return. In which case, it is solely on the grounds of preventing the unification of the Great Wilderness, the world they longed for swallowed up irrevocably. Add to that Hong Jiang's momentary doubts, it does not paint Xiang Liu's response in a favourable light. However, in the last episode, Hong Jiang does give his men the choice to fight or surrender without feeling burdened. And all of them chose to fight to the death. So perhaps that was the spirit that Xiang Liu long perceived from his comrades, and he was relaying their response, as much as his own.