I don't understand, please help explain.
(╥﹏╥)

Royal Mother's Intervention:

The Royal Mother's act of breaking the voodoo bug spell represents liberation and freedom. It symbolizes the characters breaking free from external influences and regaining control over their destinies. The Royal Mother's intervention becomes a pivotal moment of empowerment. See also her blessing them.

windiaaa041293:

(╥﹏╥)

The Royal Mother's act of breaking the voodoo bug spell represents liberation and freedom. It symbolizes the characters breaking free from external influences and regaining control over their destinies. The Royal Mother's intervention becomes a pivotal moment of empowerment. See also her blessing them.

Lol, what is this? I am confused as well. 

windiaaa041293:

(╥﹏╥)

But in the first place it wasn't the RM who broke the voodoo bug spell? 

Is there some other paragraph that may give more context to what this is about? >.< 

I hope im not reading some other warped version of LYF only known to myself.

pomelotree:

But in the first place the RM didnt break the voodoo bug spell?

No, lol. 

Is this from jing's topic? Honestly I can't take them serious, I did read a few posts a while ago but to me they made no sense whatsoever, so I haven't bothered anymore. 

windiaaa041293:

(╥﹏╥)

Was this analysis written by a YaoJing shipper? We have our biases, so they are allowed theirs.  Except it's a bit inaccurate considering who actually broke the connection. 

windiaaa041293:

It's fine even if I'm said to be stalking them.

An ancient artifact...is the voodoo bug of course:

Symbolism of Control:

The voodoo bug spell serves as a symbolic representation of control and manipulation. When implemented, it ties Xiao Yao to someone else's will, suggesting a form of magical influence over her actions and decisions.

Very interesting point here. Very.

Oh dear! Definitely YaoJing shipper. The bias is obvious. Once again, they did not consider that it was Xiao Yao who wanted to plan the bugs on Xiang Liu. I feel like they keep on telling on themselves - XY was the one who wanted this connection and power to control Xiang Liu.  Not to mention, Xiang Liu never used the bug connection to control XY; he used it to save her. If he'd wanted to influence her actions and decision he could have let her experience the full extend of his feelings.

Kokuto:

Oh, thank you!  I was going to go look for it.

It's page 225 of this thread. I memorized it so I could write the response that I promised you. I posted my analysis inspired by your observation two pages back. Jing's lack of a wedding night is still haunting him :-).

windiaaa041293:

(╥﹏╥)

SMH

I can't keep up with the interesting discussions here about stuff that actually occurs in the drama and the enlightening takes on them.  There's no need for this nonsense.

blabla100:

No, lol. 

Is this from jing's topic? Honestly I can't take them serious, I did read a few posts a while ago but to me they made no sense whatsoever, so I haven't bothered anymore. 

I'm sure.

And yes.  The best course of action.

blabla100:

No, lol. 

windiaaa041293  needs to enlighten us on where this came from hahaha. I have never stepped into their thread and from what you ladies have  been saying, like what's the point? If the above came from their thread, I really have no words.

HeadInTheClouds:

It's page 225 of this thread. I memorized it so I could write the response that I promised you. I posted my analysis inspired by your observation two pages back. Jing's lack of a wedding night is still haunting him :-).

Thank you!  I'm going to book mark it now.

And yes!  I've been pondering your post today ... when I've been awake.  Thought provoking for sure.

windiaaa041293:

(╥﹏╥)

I guess their novel is a different version.

The Royal Mother did not remove the lover's bug from Xiao Yao.  It was killed by Xiang Liu using one of his lives to do so, and then he arranged for Sir Bi to cook up a plausible lie to tell Xiao Yao, which ended up being the Royal Mother pretending she removed it.

相柳微笑着,对小夭说:“你的蛊,解了!从今往后,你和我再无一丝关系!”
:
相柳说:“你倒的确能帮我做一件事。”

獙君立即说:“好!”

“如果日后有人问起小夭体内的蛊,你就随便撒个谎!”相柳笑了笑,好似云淡风轻地说:“小夭曾说,此生此世永不想再见我,今夜之后,我和她再无关系,我也永不想再见到她!”

獙君怔怔地看着相柳,一会儿后,一字字道:“我会请王母帮忙,就说蛊是王母解的。你放心,今日之事,除天地之外,就你我知道,我永不会让小夭知道!绝不会辜负你的安排!”

Xiang Liu gave a faint smile and told Xiao Yao, "Your bug has been removed! From here on, there is no more bond between us!"
:
Xiang Liu said, "There is indeed something you can do for me."

Sir Bi immediately replied, "Sure!"

"In future, if anyone asked about the bug in Xiao Yao's body, just make up a story!" Xiang Liu smiled, then continued gently, "Xiao Yao once said that she never wanted to see me in this lifetime. After tonight, there is nothing between us anymore, and I do not wish to see her ever again too!"

Sir Bi stared at Xiang Liu in shock for a while, then enunciated, "I will ask for the Royal Mother's help to say that she was the one who removed the bug. You can rest assured. Whatever happened today, apart from the heavens and earth, only you and I know [the truth], and I will never reveal it to Xiao Yao! I will not ruin all that you have planned!"

-- Vol 3 Ch15  (Chapter 48)

王母道:“小夭昏迷时,我发现她体内有蛊,帮她解了,你们没意见吧?”
:
小夭心中滋味难辨,其实早在相柳行刺颛顼,却杀了丰隆时,她已经以血还债,和相柳恩断义绝,但听到两人最后的一点联系在她不知道时就被斩断了,还是有些说不清道不明的怅惘。小夭嘲讽自己,人家自始至终不过是把你看作了一枚棋子,你有什么好怅惘的?难道怅惘他的冷酷无情吗?

The Royal Mother said, "While Xiao Yao was unconscious, I discovered a poisonous bug in her body and helped her remove it. You shouldn't have any objections, right?"
:
Xiao Yao did not know what to feel. When Xiang Liu tried to assassinate Cang Xuan but killed Feng Long instead, she had repaid her debt to Xiang Liu with blood and severed all ties with him. However, when she heard that the last vestiges of their bond was broken without her being aware of it, there was still an inexplicable sense of loss from the sadness. Xiao Yao mocked herself, "He only saw you as a chess piece from the start, so what do you have to feel bereft over? Are you actually sad over his cold heartlessness?"

-- Vol 3 Ch17  (Chapter 50)

As for the lovers bug, Vol 3 Ch4 (Chapter 37) clearly states the conditions that lead to the lover's bug being successfully planted in a couple is the fact that they must both have love in their hearts for each other. Xiao Liu knowingly ensured that that bug was transferred from Cang Xuan to Xiang Liu. The walnut disappeared after it was planted in Xiang Liu, a sign that this time, it was successfully planted. And the conditions for the lovers bug to be successfully planted without retaliation are as follows:

巫王咳嗽了一声,郑重地说:“情人蛊,顾名思义有一对雌雄蛊虫,中蛊的男女命脉相连、心意相通,一人痛,另一人也会痛,一人伤,另一人也会伤。”
:
它能让
有情人心意相通、命脉相连,可情人蛊的蛊虫就像相恋的恋人,脾气多变,非常难驾驭,蛊虫极易反噬,一旦发作,两人俱亡,所以情人蛊还有个名字,叫断肠蛊。
:
巫王悚然变色:“难道你的蛊不是种给这位公子?”

“不是。”
:
巫王眉头紧皱,喃喃说:“的确是情人蛊!怎么可能呢?‘有情人养情人蛊,断肠人成断肠蛊’,情人蛊和其他蛊都不同,必须要一对情人心甘情愿,才能种蛊,他若不是你的情郎,你怎么可能给他种下情人蛊?”
 :
 巫王心中百般不解,可小夭的情郎明显是她身边的这位公子,有些话不好再说,只得
敷衍道:“姑娘教训的是,姑娘体内的蛊虫的确不同于一般的蛊虫,想来姑娘和那人都有特异之处。”
:
璟急切地问:“请问如何解蛊?”

巫王的脸皱成了一团,说道:“要么同心而生,要么离心而死,情人蛊一旦种下,无法可解。我刚才还想说,这也是为什么很少有人养它的原因,只有一些执拗的女子才会养此蛊,即使养成,也很难找到男子愿意种蛊。”

璟愣住,半晌后,才缓缓问:“如果种了情人蛊的一人死了,另一人会如何?”

巫王叹了口气:“我们百黎族的歌谣说‘地上梧桐相持老,天上鹣鹣不独飞,水中鸳鸯会双死。’”

The shaman king coughed and solemnly said, "The lover's bug, as the name suggests, has a pair of male and female bugs. The man and woman who have planted the bug will have their lives intertwined, be in tune with each other emotionally. If one is hurt, the other will also feel the pain. If one is in emotional pain, the other will also feel emotional pain."
:
"It enables
 two lovers to be in tune with each other emotionally,  to have their fates and lives intertwined. However, the lover's bug is also like a lover in love with each other. It is temperamental and extremely difficult to control, will easily retaliate. Once that happens, both of them will die. That is why the lover's bug has another name, called the heartbreak bug."
:
The shaman king's face paled in horror. "Did you not plant the bug in this young master?"

"No."
:
He frowned and murmured, "It is indeed the lover's bug! But how is it possible? 
'Lovers raise the lover's bug. Broken-hearted people produce the heartbreak bug.' Lover's bug differs from other bugs. It requires the couple to be willing in order to successfully plant it. If he is not your lover, how did you manage to plant the lover's bug in him?"
:
The shaman king was extremely puzzled but Xiao Yao's lover was obviously the young man next to her so there were some things he could not verbalise. As such, he responded 
perfunctorily, "You are right. The poisonous bug in your body is different from other bugs. It is likely there is something unique about you and the other man."
:
Jing eagerly asked, "How can the bug be removed?"

The shaman king's face wrinkled up. "They either live because their hearts are one, or die because their hearts are no longer one. Once the lover's bug is planted, it cannot be removed. Earlier on, I wanted to say that this is also the reason why so few people raise it. Only some extremely determined women will raise it. Even if they do, it is difficult to find men who are willing to have it planted in them. "
:
Jing was stunned, and after a long while, he slowly asked, "If one person with the lover's bug dies, what will happen to the other person?"

The shaman king sighed. "Our Bai Li folk ballad sings, 'The sycamore trees on the ground will grow old intertwined, the jian birds in the sky will not fly alone, the mandarin ducks in the water will die together.'"

-- Vol 3 Ch4  (Chapter 37)

相柳坐到桃花舟旁,凝视着沉睡的小夭,轻声说:“地上梧桐相持老,天上鹣鹣不独飞,水中鸳鸯会双死,情人蛊同命连心,的确无法可解!当年我能帮玱玹解蛊,只因为玱玹并非心甘情愿种蛊,你根本没有真正把蛊给他种上。我却是心甘情愿,真正让你种了蛊!你三番四次要我解蛊,我一直告诉你解不了,我知道你不相信,可我的确没有骗你,我是真解不了蛊!”

相柳拿起小夭的手,以指为刀,在两人的手掌上横七竖八地划出一行咒语,血肉翻飞,深可见白骨。“我虽然解不了蛊,却可以杀了它。” 相柳唇角含笑,紧紧握住了小夭的手,双掌合拢,血肉交融,再分不清究竟是谁的血肉,“不过,你可别怪我骗你,是你没有问!”

Xiang Liu sat next to the peach blossom boat and stared at the sleeping Xiao Yao before softly saying, "'The sycamore trees on the ground will grow old intertwined, the jian birds in the sky will not fly alone, the mandarin ducks in the water will die together.‘ The lover's bug connects our lives and join our hearts, and is impossible to remove! Back then, I could remove the bug from Cang Xuan only because he did not willingly accept it, so you never successfully planted it in him in the first place. However, I was wholeheartedly willing to let you plant it in me! You kept asking me to remove the bug and I kept telling you it was not possible. I know you didn't believe me, but I was not lying. I really cannot remove it!"

Lifting Xiao Yao's hand, Xiang Liu used his finger as a knife and slashed their palms back and forth to draw a line of spell, flesh and blood flying, so deep that the bones were clearly visible. "I cannot remove the bug, but I can kill it." Xiang Liu's lips curved into a smile, and he tightly gripped Xiao Yao's hand. Their palms were joined, blood and flesh intermingling until it was not clear whom the flesh and blood belonged to. "However, don't blame me for deceiving you. It was you who didn't ask!"

-- Vol 3 Ch15  (Chapter 48)

Kokuto:

Thank you!  I'm going to book mark it now.

And yes!  I've been pondering your post today ... when I've been awake.  Thought provoking for sure.

Have Xiang Liu/TJC been keeping you awake? Is that why you're falling asleep during the day :-) ?

Love to hear your thoughts on it once you get a chance to mull it over.

liddi:
I guess their novel is a different version.

Hah! 

liddi:
The Royal Mother did not remove the lover's bug from Xiao Yao. It was killed by Xiang Liu using one of his lives to do so, and then he arranged for Sir Bi to cook up a plausible lie to tell Xiao Yao, which ended up being the Royal Mother pretending she removed it.

Given what we just read, I don't think they have even glanced at the novel. Or maybe, they're not interested in facts!!

HeadInTheClouds:

Have Xiang Liu/TJC been keeping you awake? Is that why you're falling asleep during the day :-) ?

Love to hear your thoughts it once you get a chance to mull it over. 

Oh, definitely, will be responding.  The idea of XL being fridged!  Plus the reconstruction of identity touches on the gender question.  My brain is churning.

HeadInTheClouds:

Hah! 

Given what we just read, I don't think they have even glanced at the novel. Or maybe, they're not interested in facts!!

They just skipped through XL sections and saw the RM say that... But that means they didn't actually read the whole book so can't make full analysis....

How do you read this story and miss one of the crucial moments in the book....

It's like saying XY just slept under the sea instead of being in a coma from being murdered. I hope other Fingers corrected that person like what we do here in a respectful manner