And Tong Hua's Weibo post:

windiaaa041293:

nathsketch,thanks ! ^^

@liddi.....

You're welcome ( ˶⚈Ɛ⚈˵)

@H19279 thanks a million for your beautiful explanation 

I can't understand what's the problem between cang xuan and xiang liu?? I know they are enemy but why?

Taspia:

I can't understand what's the problem between cang xuan and xiang liu?? I know they are enemy but why?

There used to be 3 kingdoms in Dai Huang: GaoXin (or Hao Ling in the drama, Shen Nong and Xuan Yuan (Xi an in the drama?). Shen Nong was ruled by Emperor Yan. A few hundred year ago, Xuan Yuan conquerred Shen Nong and made it as a province of Xuan Yuan. The last emperor of Shen nong was killed by Yellow Emperor. XL's foster father, Gong Gong (or Hong Jiang in drama) used to be 1 of 4 generals of Shen Nong. He didn't surrender to Xuan Yuan. And he led a resistant army, fighting against Xuan Yuan. XL was not only adoptive son but also strategist of the resistant army. 

On the other hand, CX and XY were grandchildren of Yellow Emperor and his wife (queen consort) Ah Lei. Yellow emperor had some sons who were still alive but with his concubines. CX fought for the throne and in the middle of the novel or eps 39 in the drama, Yellow Emperor abdicated and passed the throne to CX. Therefore, XL and CX became enermy of each other (XL sided with Shen nong resistant army, fighting against Xuan Yuan which was ruled by CX)

nathsketch:
Morning guys!  windiaaa041293 asked me to share this image about the 偏爱人间烟火 song:

@windiaaa041293 

Thank you very much for sharing. The same text is used in various articles as well about the song too.

Why Hong jiang wants to fight against to Xiyan? He wants to regain the power, they already lost?

Taspia:

Why Hong jiang wants to fight against to Xiyan? He wants to regain the power, they already lost?

Because that's his motherland and he sees Xiyan as foreign invaders. Like how the ethnic Chinese fought against the Mongols when they lost for 100+ years. A look through history will shows similar examples.

Some people are loyal to their country even when other sees their behaviour as foolish. Gong Gong is also a general of Shen Nong, he's not just an ordinary citizen. Not to mentioned he gave a vow that he will never give up fighting for Shen Nong against the invaders.

Edited for tone. My apology to Taspia for the tone of the original post.

@HeadInTheClouds. It's okay, no problem.

Respect to those people 

Even before meeting Xiaoyao,  Xiang Liu decided to sacrifice his nine lives on the battlefield????

Taspia:

@HeadInTheClouds. It's okay, no problem

Thank you for understanding. I don't want my unintended abrasiveness to discourage you or anyone else from engaging in the discussion. Please ask away. A fresh pair of eyes will bring new dimensions for conversation :-)

Taspia:

Even before meeting Xiaoyao,  Xiang Liu decided to sacrifice his nine lives on the battlefield????

I don't think there's a consensus on this one. Some of us believe yes, others think that he intended to be with XY, but because of her reluctance and rejections, it ended the way it did. 

@HeadInTheClouds, thanks for your explanation 

nathsketch:

And Tong Hua's Weibo post:

Thank you @windiaaa041293 @nathsketch

Screenshots of Tong Hua's older posts are particularly precious to me because her Weibo settings are such that it only goes back 6 months, so anything earlier than that are no longer visible.

Her post says this:

Let's start off with this topic. Actually, the conclusion of every story is not the real ending of those characters. On this topic, I am a very unrealistic person. I always feel that the story is just a chapter in their lives. Even though my story has ended, their lives will continue in another dimension, so the true ending cannot be found in any story.

-- Tong Hua, 13 Aug 2013

This is particularly notable because of Yang Zi's teary reaction during the recent LYF fan gathering, when she talked about Wen Xiao Liu, and how Tong Hua messaged her after roughly 12 episodes were broadcast to tell her there was a hot search saying in this world, there is no longer any Wen Xiao Liu. So in that sense, what she says is both true and false. Xiao Yao will continue to live on in another dimension, but Wen Xiao Liu no longer exists. And from Yang Zi's reaction, I get the feeling that he will not be making a comeback, even at the end after Xiao Yao leaves for Qingshui town. She may adopt a different persona, but Wen Xiao Liu is truly gone.

In that sense, I think her post only applies to those who were still alive at the end. Xiang Liu's death is an indisputable fact by the end of the novel. Unless she intended to bring a part of him back in the 4th novel she planned. To that end, I would even be happy with mentions of him before the events in Lost You Forever, in the 2nd novel with the Guifang clan and the ruler of the Underworld.  Unfortunately we will never know unless she revisits the universe again one day.