this is a snippet of an article from one tonghua fan and his book. the text highlighted in red is something that interested me.

I have always felt that Chinese is very important, because I think that most of the communication problems between people are caused by not learning Chinese well enough. Tonghua said that this book expresses everything she wants to express clearly. But Plato once said: “Once something is written down, it scatters everywhere. It doesn’t know how to communicate with the right people, and it doesn’t know how to communicate with the wrong people.” This is what I mean by writing interpretations— —Build a communication bridge.

But I also deeply realize that there are still two or three communication problems that cannot be solved by language, and that is the cognitive differences between people due to different life experiences. There is a huge gap. Many times, people will only believe what they want to believe, and they can only get what is within their own cognitive scope. In the face of the huge difference in cognition, any verbal explanation is feeble. Obviously, Yaoliu's love is beyond the scope of some people's cognition.

Even now, Tonghua posted on Weibo saying: Stop fighting, stop fighting, Xiaoyao’s true love is Xiang Liu. so what? Some people will still say: That's nonsense. I think you don't understand love at all. It was you who took away Xiaoyao because of your sexual desire. You don't know how to write. It's because you are incompetent.

And there are some people who not only cannot get young willows, but also cannot appreciate the beauty of literary and artistic works. In the eyes of these people, if you tell her "Falling red is not a heartless thing, it turns into spring mud to protect flowers", she will only laugh. You are ignorant, isn’t it just that the corpse of the flower has rotted? You tell her, "It's better to forget each other than to live together in the world." She says it makes sense. It's really disgusting for two fishes to spit on each other.

Even if she is as beautiful as Lin Daiyu, there will still be people who say, "Isn't Lin Daiyu just pretentious? I don't want this kind of woman to be my wife." "Oh? Do you like Lin Daiyu? Then I hope you find a girlfriend who is as pretentious as she is." Not to mention our ordinary Nine-Life Xiangliu?

windiaaa041293:
Even now, Tonghua posted on Weibo saying: Stop fighting, stop fighting, Xiaoyao’s true love is Xiang Liu.

Really?! This is such a comfort.

nathsketch:

Really?! This is such a comfort. 

Do you mean hypothetically, if TH wrote this people will still argue or did this actually happened. 

I thought she avoid comments to confirm stuff to avoid fan wars.

MengXiang:
I thought she avoid comments to confirm stuff to avoid fan wars.

Yes. My impression is that she never clearly states a stance, one way or another.

windiaaa041293:
Even now, Tonghua posted on Weibo saying: Stop fighting, stop fighting, Xiaoyao’s true love is Xiang Liu. so what? Some people will still say: That's nonsense. I think you don't understand love at all. It was you who took away Xiaoyao because of your sexual desire. You don't know how to write. It's because you are incompetent.

Can you please share the link to this article? Is the person saying that "Assuming Tong Hua wrote this on Weibo", or that Tong Hua really did write this?

liddi:

Can you please share the link to this article? Is the person saying that "Assuming Tong Hua wrote this on Weibo", or that Tong Hua really did write this?

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/662641935?utm_id=0

windiaaa041293:

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/662641935?utm_id=0

Thank you.

The actual text is this:

哪怕是现在桐华发条微博说:别争了别争了,小夭的挚爱是相柳。那又如何?照样会有人说:瞎扯八道,我看你根本就不懂爱情,是你自己yy相柳,把小夭夺舍了吧,你根本就不会写,是你没能力。 

Even if Tong Hua were to post on Weibo now saying, "Stop fighting, stop fighting, Xiao Yao's love of a lifetime is Xiang Liu", so what? There will still be people saying: What a load of rubbish. I think you don't understand love at all. You forced this on Xiao Yao based on your own preference for Xiang Liu. You totally don't know how to write, it is your own incompetence.

So basically the writer is just posing a hypothetical scenario.

liddi:

Yes. My impression is that she never clearly states a stance, one way or another.

I third this sentiment 

liddi:

I find it highly unlikely that she would come out and say something this definitive. Not when she went to great extent to keep the YaoLiu's love-line "hidden in plain sight"

HeadInTheClouds:
I find it highly unlikely that she would come out and say something this definitive. Not when she went to great extent to keep the YaoLiu's love-line "hidden in plain sight"

Agreed. One of the closest we will ever get is from the character diagram which states that "Xiao Yao has love for Xiang Liu 有情 but mistakenly thinks that Xiang Liu hates her. ". The rest are obvious if we cared to look - the lovers bug never retaliating for 120+ years, her sexual arousal we see through Cang Xuan from when he drank her blood in the pool; the crystal globe and its significance; her mute response to the 4th question, and her behaviour around him, involuntary tenderness. Then again, I am preaching to the choir here.

liddi:

Thank you.

The actual text is this:

哪怕是现在桐华发条微博说:别争了别争了,小夭的挚爱是相柳。那又如何?照样会有人说:瞎扯八道,我看你根本就不懂爱情,是你自己yy相柳,把小夭夺舍了吧,你根本就不会写,是你没能力。 

Even if Tong Hua were to post on Weibo now saying, "Stop fighting, stop fighting, Xiao Yao's love of a lifetime is Xiang Liu", so what? There will still be people saying: What a load of rubbish. I think you don't understand love at all. You forced this on Xiao Yao based on your own preference for Xiang Liu. You totally don't know how to write, it is your own incompetence.

So basically the writer is just posing a hypothetical scenario.

Too good too be true.

I’m such a clown lol

liddi:

Agreed. One of the closest we will ever get is from the character diagram which states that "Xiao Yao has love for Xiang Liu 有情 but mistakenly thinks that Xiang Liu hates her. ". The rest are obvious if we cared to look - the lovers bug never retaliating for 120+ years, her sexual arousal we see through Cang Xuan from when he drank her blood in the pool; the crystal globe and its significance; her mute response to the 4th question, and her behaviour around him, involuntary tenderness. Then again, I am preaching to the choir here.

You are DEFINITELY preaching to the choir in this place. Lol. However, I have seen a different interpretation of that whole Cang Xuan scene.  This interpretation said that Cang Xuan didn't actually experienced/felt Xiao Yao feelings in that moment, but rather he was interpretating it as arousal because he’s a man. Essentially, Xiao Yao wasn't aroused. Cang Xuan just think that she was.

I'm actually quite curious how the other side interprets some of these things that we see as obvious signs that Xiao Yao loves Xiang Liu.

HeadInTheClouds:
However, I have seen a different interpretation of that whole Cang Xuan scene. This interpretation said that Cang Xuan didn't actually experienced/felt Xiao Yao feelings in that moment, but rather he was interpretating it as arousal because he’s a man. Essentially, Xiao Yao wasn't aroused. Cang Xuan just think that she was.

Seriously?  CX, who hangs out at brothels, is sleeping with his guard, and has numerous wives, can't tell if a woman is aroused???

Who knew CX was such a loser lover?

Lord have mercy.

I mean ... WTF did they think she's experiencing that he 'mistakes' for arousal?

Essentially, Xiao Yao wasn't aroused. Cang Xuan just think that she was...

I get what they are trying to say but I feel it's not well thought out. What do they think XY thinks? Are they suggesting women don't feel arousal. It that the sensation is arousing to him but not XY. It's started on the book many times that she feels cool pleasure from the bites so I don't think it's unreasonable to conclude if CX is aroused then XY would too as she has and does with the bites.

Kokuto:

Seriously?  CX, who hangs out at brothels, is sleeping with his guard, and has numerous wives, can't tell if a woman is aroused???

Who knew CX was such a loser lover?

Lord have mercy.

Does he actually sleep with his guards? I thought he just act cozy as part of the act but they stay serving him in their original role.

MengXiang:

Does he actually sleep with his guards? I thought he just act cozy as part of the act but they stay serving him in their original role.

There was a scene someone posted here with him and Xiao Xiao and she's laying next to him and he's stroking her hair, and I thought someone said, yes, they were sleeping together.