so can someone recommend some movies to watch. The only absolute necessary criteria is that the cinematography should be breathtaking or beautiful or whatever just looking for something to give me an eyegasm. think kim kyutae (SHML), norihiro koizumi (chihayafuru, liar and his lover, midnight sun), nakashima tetsuya (confessions, kamikaze girls) etc....romance or thriller idc so  any country or genre is fine. Preferably no mature content but I don't rlly care abt that. 

also, the plot needn't be amazing but something with at least a few good lines and a coherent story. definitely not a frivolous plot pls. eg a werewolf boy, literally any movie starring jun jihyun, my tutor friend....adaptations like orange, blue spring ride, biri gyaru or stuff like train to busan, hope, miracle in cell no 7, silenced.....nothing too fast paced....anyways, basically anything that has a pretty good ending and has a satisfying plot throughout.

thanks y'all

PS even anime movies are fine....ive watched all of studio ghibli and makoto shinkai's works tho

This Is Not What I Expected has some really pretty cinematography

neo:

This Is Not What I Expected has some really pretty cinematography

thx bb....it has my bae Zhou dongyu in it. def gonna check it out.

Most of the ones with beautiful scenery are marrial arts movies like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, House of Flying Daggers, Myth, Duelist, Hero and the action packed Good, Bad and the Weird 

Stevie70:

Most of the ones with beautiful scenery are marrial arts movies like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, House of Flying Daggers, Myth, Duelist, Hero and the action packed Good, Bad and the Weird 

thanks! but id really prefer something that is not historical. duelist and CTHD were amazing tho

The Taiwanese movie Secret is a beautiful movie in every way.

Another one that comes to mind is Vanishing Time.

I felt this way about the cinematography in The Kings Woman.    The story is a dramatization of a historical true story.    The characters and acting are strong by all.  And Zhang Vin is  major eye candy in this show.    Try the first ep and you'll see what i mean.

i liked the cinematography of this movie: The King (2017) 

I'm not sure if its a beautiful cinematography but it's totally mesmerizing: 3-iron

If you like tarantino movies try some jmovies by director and screenwriter Sono Sion

I had totally fun with the Movie: Too Young To Die. Since it is set in hell, it has a pretty unique cinematography.

I found Lychee Light Club, Hansel and Gretel and Helter Skelter (mature) to be beautiful movies although all of them are hella weird/ creepy. I also watched Ran and even though the costumes are beautiful, I didn't find the movie as a whole breathtaking.

(Actually trying to compile a list of movies like this that aren't wuxia/ martial arts as they tend to always be beautiful movies)

JoanneSmith:

I felt this way about the cinematography in The Kings Woman.    The story is a dramatization of a historical true story.    The characters and acting are strong by all.  And Zhang Vin is  major eye candy in this show.    Try the first ep and you'll see what i mean.

rip me....watched it and survived it too (T-T)

BeckywiththeGreathair:

rip me....watched it and survived it too (T-T)

ahhh,  i didn't see it in your completed list!  i hear ya!