This issue has been around for a long time, but it's been visible with more people wanting to write editorials. While News section is updated daily, editorials are seldom published even though they have been on the pending list of articles for months, not even week or two, but months. 

I know that this is a privately owned site, thus the admins are free to do whatever they want to, but if you have decided on certain stance regarding editorials, please share it with community. 

People want to know if they should spend their time sitting at PC writing editorials, or do something else that brings joy. 

In the past admins decided to keep both editorials and news section, so please, make it fair for both parties, and set monthly quota for editorials for ex. 8 editorials per month or something. 

73votes

I support this idea, 100%.

If I could vote I would. I co-wrote an article three months ago, and I'm totally discouraged to write one ever again (especially when I see articles that have been pending for months before I even wrote mine) ... 

I wholeheartedly support this! 

Please admins, listen to us and give us back our beloved editorials for good and make them visible on the main page (not just the little section they are hidden under now)! 

With the editorials you have a gem, that makes MDL stand out from similar apps or sites. It's worth it, to keep editorials and give them the spotlight they deserve. You have lots of passionate writers and those who would love to become writers for MDL. Why is this 'issue' with new writers still not solved? And why are editorials still pushed down by a flood of news? 

The problem is the news is mainly Korean related and not reflecting MDL as the database for several Asian countries. I'm all in for editorial but I guess MDL should first reduce the (Korean) news.  Make it weekly and compile those trivial tidbits into 1 article. Frequent news update is acceptable only if it's "breaking" and life changing....lol

TimiZero:

The problem is the news is mainly Korean related and not reflecting MDL as the database for several Asian countries. I'm all in for editorial but I guess MDL should first reduce the (Korean) news.  Make it weekly and compile those trivial tidbits into 1 article. Frequent news update is acceptable only if it's "breaking" and life changing....lol

This idea is actually really good. 

I would suggest making a big weekly news report instead of all these ''mini'' articles which barely get any readers. Also, like you said, we definitely need to see more Asian countries represented in news section, if they are adamant in keeping the news section. 

Voted! Hopefully a change comes about. ^^

Wanna vote but I don't have enough votes

TimiZero:

I really like this idea too. The flood of manufactured K-celeb 'news' puts me off watching any of them.

TimiZero:

I agree. And I'm replying to see if more people see this topic.

I agree (but no votes).

Idrc about celebrity news or gossip, but seeing the odd bit of news about upcoming dramas/ movies  from other countries and not just South Korea would be super useful and interesting.