Add Philippines, India. Singapore to countries

This discussion has been closed.

They're Asian countries anyway.
And it would be nice to be able to keep track of all the Filipino and Bollywood movies I've already watched.
Anyone with me on this suggestion? ♥
-harietto
91votes
I also submitted a movie title from the Philippines and it was denied. I wish you could include other dramas and movies from different countries in here as long as english subtitles are available so that watchers from other countries could be able to watch it. . The movie that i submitted had english subtittles and the story was something that people could relate to even across cultures.
i think it would be considered a growth for this site if the drama list would expand to dramas originating from greater number of countries. I myself is just beginning to watch thai dramas and movies after watching only korean and taiwanese drama for a long time. I found some of the the thai dramas and movies I recently watched through here.
i think if you open up the site to this possibility, there are more people in the community who would want to help you with creating and expanding that databse that is lacking.
i hope the admins would reconsider.

The message that i received :
Your title was denied.
Reason: We don't have a philippines database currently, hopefully we will add it soon. You can suggest for it to be added from here: http://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions If it gets enough votes and admin many add it.
Im from the philippines and I have a question to you....are you proud of kind of dramas they made here???. BTW they add thailand cause the international appeal of thai dramas are getting bigger. 
what we can add are philippine movies. i'm proud of some philippine movies that were made (one more chance,  thing called tadhana, anak, etc). but as what realdeal said, i'm not sure about the dramas.
Hessa Volunteer Staff

I think Singapore and Philippine should be added. I don't have anything against Bollywood database, but I think they are very different from MDL. Personally, I don't think it fits. Don't know how to explain it.

We will eventually add more countries. For now, we're just working on adding more titles/actors to the countries we do have.
Our mindset is that it is better to have a great deal of information on a few countries, rather than a few titles/movies/dramas from a lot of different countries. 
I'd like that too. I watch many dramas and movies from different countries, and this is the only place where we can track our watching.
So I'd like you to add Malaysian, Indian, Turkish, Arabic And Pakistan countries as well.
And if it was to fullest the one that already exist, I don't think it'll be done ever! Because there will be a new Dramas and Movies everyday!
Beside, other users always can help complete or add new titles also.
Hope you'll look at this requests and fulfill at least one of them.
Thank you very much ^^
Heh, I was just wondering if Singapore existed!  Not that I've even watched any movies or dramas from Singapore, but just happened to see a movie in the database that I know for a fact is definitely a Singapore film and it's listed as being from Hong Kong.  I guess that would be why...

Is that not allowed, or is it a valid workaround??
^ That is definitely not a valid work around. Once we discover such films and shows, we will delete them. That being said, we're considering adding a new country very soon. 
Well, for your reference then: http://mydramalist.com/20228-in-the-room

Unless Singapore is coming soon enough that it can stay until then :)
@zeamays ..  @Skye-N-Rain   .. Wiki, IMBD and a French site list that film as Co-production, Singapore & Hong Kong.
@Skye-N-Rain surely adding more countries is just a matter of typing their names into the countries table?  is it really difficult?  I'd really like to be able to add vietnamese and cambodian dramas and movies.
@rainruma, thank for mentioning that.

@Nat, we could add all the countries in the world tomorrow if we truly wanted to. But that'd result in few titles from here, a few titles from there. Our goal on MyDramaList is to create a comprehensive (or as comprehensive as we can get) database for a select few countries instead of a few titles from random countries. That's why we have been slowly introducing countries as time goes on. That being said, I have a good idea on how to proceed from now on, so hopefully you guys will be able to see that in the next few weeks. 
Cool, thanks so much @Skye-N-Rain, I wasn't trying to be dismissive so thanks for taking my comment seriously (I only realised later how it might have sounded - but I used to build databases back in the day).  I saw another post that said there were forty-something asian countries but only 6 available here, it's been playing on my mind since then.  

Also just an aside, My mother only watches scandinavian TV and she was asking what MDL is I explained and she said "oh it would be so great if that existed for scandi TV" and I've had a few other scandi TV fans say the same thing, so maybe you could use the frame work for another market?  
On that note, I tried looking for the same type of website for american and european tv series and I couldn't find one as well-made and easy to manipulate as MDL. Seriously. If you ever decide to make another website like this one for another continent, do tell us.