While news is important, as we saw with multiple unexpected demises of actors last year, these news articles are not really talking about major changes in almost all cases and they really represent a very different sort of article from what we generally have on MDL. They don't have much information beyond what can be conveyed in a tweet. A consolidated digest of news items is more efficient. On the other hand, editorial articles usually have substantial original content and it is a real shame if people are unable to appreciate the article because they aren't on the home page for long enough.

I hope a good solution is found soon. 

betun:

While news is important, as we saw with multiple unexpected demises of actors last year, these news articles are not really talking about major changes in almost all cases and they really represent a very different sort of article from what we generally have on MDL. They don't have much information beyond what can be conveyed in a tweet. A consolidated digest of news items is more efficient. On the other hand, editorial articles usually have substantial original content and it is a real shame if people are unable to appreciate the article because they aren't on the home page for long enough.

I hope a good solution is found soon. 

I agree and perhaps an alternative solution could be to have just one news article a week, a piece every certain day that compiles all those short news in one place. 

Perhaps by delving in more into that piece of news and providing more than just a statement, the author could also make it more unique and turn a news release/tweet into a more substantial article.

At the very least the relesing of this articles has decreased considerably (from releasing 2-4 a day, it went to 1 release a day). Progress :). 

I love casting news and such but like I open soompi or insta and get bombarded with those news so I actually don't like seeing the repetition here on MDL, especially since the articles are always rushed and short

I just love seeing the long unique pieces we don't find anywhere else

I gave this  3 votes. Thanks for pointing out this issue. I do not see a necessity of daily snippets of news. I prefer monthly news articles. Also as a writer myself I feel how disappointing it is to see an article you put effort and your heart into go down unnoticed because of a flood of news articles. Hope a good solution will be found. 

XingBack:
I just love seeing the long unique pieces we don't find anywhere else

Exactly, I like the editorials and the review-type articles because they are unique and offer an interesting perspective. If anything, those articles are part of what differentiates this website from other similar ones. 

moonchild:
Also as a writer myself I feel how disappointing it is to see an article you put effort and your heart into go down unnoticed because of a flood of news articles. Hope a good solution will be found.

Indeed, as of now, I've put the articles I have been working on on-hold until a solution is implemented. The fact that the news articles have gone down to a release per day rather than 3+ releases per day is at least progress.

3GGG:
Indeed, as of now, I've put the articles I have been working on on-hold until a solution is implemented. The fact that the news articles have gone down to a release per day rather than 3+ releases per day is at least progress.

It's a progress but one article per day is still a lot. I'll submit one article soon but probably wait for the others until a solution is found and implemented. 

Voted.

I totally agree with your opinion myself as a writer I spent hours, days to write anything and it's really upsets me if article which I put so much efforts and hard-work doesn't get that attention because of the flood of news articles, as a reader I really like to read editorials with different, unique topics and exploring new dramas through drama recaps, reviews but in the article section I can see only news in which I'm least interested and just few editorials.

It's really great idea! Thanks for this someone truly needed to speak I really appreciate that.

Anushka :
I totally agree with your opinion myself as a writer I spent hours, days to write anything and it's really upsets me if article which I put so much efforts and hard-work doesn't get that attention because of the flood of news articles,

Thanks for voting, @Anushka, and for sharing your thoughts. I agree with you 100% and, as a writer myself, understand the frustration of watching something you work so hard on, be pushed aside so quickly.

*sigh* Yesterday 3 more articles were released... I won't even bother to read them (anymore). 

With this spam-like articles just moving them to an own section wouldn't work in my opinion. Monthly news articles would be buried under the amount of daily news snippets in an instant anyway. Maybe we ought to question the style of writing (which includes info you can find on the actor's profile here on MDL, it's unnecessary to include it in an article again unless it's a fan guide) and releasing schedule. 

I get that people want relevant news and not read what happened over a month ago, but do we really need articles like "Actor XY is in talks for drama Z" every couple of days? I certainly don't as I find it annoying enough that every rumor leads to cast addition in an unaired drama on MDL that are not reflecting a fact but only a rumor. Maybe I'm being too strict here but aren't news supposed to cover facts and not ifs and whens? 

A news article once a week that contains more information summed up would be better in my opinion and still covering relevant topics in time.  

moonchild:
Yesterday 3 more articles were released... I won't even bother to read them (anymore).

I remember when there used to be only one article released per day, which allowed that article to be the focus of the banner. Already there seems to be more than one editorial article released per day, so adding brief news articles only creates clutter.

moonchild:
I get that people want relevant news and not read what happened over a month ago, but do we really need articles like "Actor XY is in talks for drama Z" every couple of days?

I agree, I don't think those should even be published. Those are better left as feed posts, if anything. Unless it's already established and the article brings in new information or food for thought, even "Actor A has confirmed being cast for Drama X" is hardly relevant. 

moonchild:
I certainly don't as I find it annoying enough that every rumor leads to cast addition in an unaired drama on MDL that are not reflecting a fact but only a rumor.

A fair point to consider, as that is something I didn't know! These speculative articles can breed misunderstandings and cause misinformation to spread. A good point to question whether there should be some filters in place when it comes to articles (just like how editorial articles have some filters --editors-- to ensure not only quality but that the content reflects the brand of the website as well).

3GGG:
"Actor A has confirmed being cast for Drama X"

Exactly! Why make a news article about it? Anyone can see by visiting either the actor's or drama's profile. There's no need to spam the articles section with stuff like that. 

3GGG:
I remember when there used to be only one article released per day, which allowed that article to be the focus of the banner.

I think I might speak for all writers when I say that we all like the feeling of seeing our articles on the front page in the spotlight after all the effort and time we put into it. I only published two articles so far but I felt happy to see them on the front page, getting viewed and reading the comments of people who said I've done good. It's truly rewarding. So what this user is taking from us is the satisfaction of seeing our work pays off. We do not get paid which is fine, but to take away the recognition is bad. 

3GGG:
These speculative articles can breed misunderstandings and cause misinformation to spread.

Already happening again here: 

https://mydramalist.com/article/girl-s-day-lee-hye-ri-in-talks-to-star-alongside-yoo-seung-ho-for-the-new-kbs-drama

The article was published yesterday, yet the actress is already added to the cast of the drama...

https://mydramalist.com/687857-when-flowers-bloom-i-think-of-the-moon

moonchild:
So what this user is taking from us is the satisfaction of seeing our work pays off. We do not get paid which is fine, but to take away the recognition is bad.

I'm more surprised by the fact that whoever takes decisions didn't account for the volunteer editorial writers' disillusion with this new strategy. I have noticed an increase in new writers, overall, which is great. Though I still wished it went back to only publishing one article a day to not have the articles compete with each other for attention. But that's just me. At the very least, I have no plans to resume work on any of my articles as things stand. 

moonchild:
Already happening again here:

https://mydramalist.com/article/girl-s-day-lee-hye-ri-in-talks-to-star-alongside-yoo-seung-ho-for-the-new-kbs-drama

The article was published yesterday, yet the actress is already added to the cast of the drama...

https://mydramalist.com/687857-when-flowers-bloom-i-think-of-the-moon

This is interesting and it's a big enough point to consider adding it as a separate suggestion. Meaning, suggest publishing speculative articles regarding casting at all to avoid misinformation and clutter.

And I say separate because I don't know the rules of whether we can still "add" points to the suggestion when it has already been voted on. I'm assuming it's not allowed, since the people who voted only did so for the original suggestions, so any addendums post-voting wouldn't be fair.

3GGG:
At the very least, I have no plans to resume work on any of my articles as things stand. 

I might submit one or two articles to "test the waters". I'm getting inspired by Cho Na a lot and therefore I can't stop on articles. Writing is one of my favorite hobbies and a passion of mine after all and I will not let someone take that from me. If this means I'll have to spam the feeds with "advertising" my article to get more people to find it so be it. xD

3GGG:
This is interesting and it's a big enough point to consider adding it as a separate suggestion. Meaning, suggest publishing speculative articles regarding casting at all to avoid misinformation and clutter.

I didn't think about that but I guess you're right. I'll make a new suggestion for it. Hope you don't mind if I use your previous quote "These speculative articles can breed misunderstandings and cause misinformation to spread. A good point to question whether there should be some filters in place when it comes to articles". :)

moonchild:
I didn't think about that but I guess you're right. I'll make a new suggestion for it. Hope you don't mind if I use your previous quote "These speculative articles can breed misunderstandings and cause misinformation to spread. A good point to question whether there should be some filters in place when it comes to articles". :)

Sure, go ahead! Send me the link once you post the suggestion so I can vote. I can also add a link to this suggestion (main post) since it's related. :)

moonchild:
If this means I'll have to spam the feeds with "advertising" my article to get more people to find it so be it. xD

It's a good solution and your attitude is very commendable!

3GGG:
Send me the link once you post the suggestion so I can vote.

It's here: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/59579-filtering-out-articles-about-role-offers-to-actors-actresses

In the post I linked to your suggestion as well since they are indeed connected. :) 

3GGG:
It's a good solution and your attitude is very commendable!

Haha, I was thinking about some close friends I already contact via direct message whenever I have a new article published because I know they are interested and want me to notify them. Posting on the feeds is just one more notice about it. Before the solution is coming it's a way to counteract the spam. Fighting! xD