Set in the Ming Dynasty under the rule of Emperor Zhu Qi Zhen, Tan Yun Xian comes from a long line of medicine practitioners, her family having served as court physicians for several generations. However, the practice for female physicians came to a halt when many were framed for abusing the form. Yet, Yun Xian is determined to learn medicine and so she does in secrecy, except things become difficult when herpaths cross with the Emperor himself.
Watch The Imperial Doctress Episodes Online
Cast & Credits
- For the first half of the drama, the balance between romance and medical was really good. However towards the end, the romance got really complicated (rather than love triangle.. it became a square?) and confusing. The medical part of it pretty much got lost after episode 30.
- I enjoyed the medical parts of the drama more since the context of the drama was about how Yu Xian was the first imperial doctress and attempt to rid of the negative connotations for female doctors.
- It felt like the drama lost its point and was trying hard to push the romance.
- The ending happened very quickly and weirdly...
- I felt the actors was well chosen
- There was chemistry between all 3 main characters but Yu Xian's personality was predictable - like the typical 'innocent and pure' character.
- i didnt pay much attention towards the music of the drama, but the song that was used during the romantic scenes was really nice
- Overall its a nice drama to watch, at least first half. Its pretty long - 50 episodes, I recommend watching it when you have loads of free time. Since first half the drama got me waiting for the next since I was following it as it aired (2 episodes everyday), so you might get hooked initially. But around episode 30 - you probably will slow down.
- Its a Chinese soap opera - so if chinese isn't you first language you won't be able to enjoy what they say as much since they speak in the 'ancient' way. Even as a chinese speaker, some parts are hard to understand.